Administrator

Di Roleplay Thread

Post by ann »

For roleplay in Di.
nstroud
General

Re: Di Roleplay Thread

Post by nstroud »

In the town of Qingcheng there is a small teahouse near the northern gate. This teahouse is run down, dirty, and old. It suits the former general Huang perfectly. Huang limps into the teahouse and sits at his customary table. He sits and sips his tea while he waits.
Prefect Huang Fu
Selicate
Ensign

Post by Selicate »

nstroud wrote:In the town of Qingcheng there is a small teahouse near the northern gate. This teahouse is run down, dirty, and old. It suits the former general Huang perfectly. Huang limps into the teahouse and sits at his customary table. He sits and sips his tea while he waits.
His business in town completed for the day, Ng Quan set off to find the tea house Huang had mentioned in his letter. Actually, its name hadn't been mentioned at all, but after a few questions to the local shopkeepers he knew where to look. It wasn't long before Quan was in front of the decrepit building.

He made his way inside and asked one of the staff if the former general was present, to be answered only with a wave towards one of the already occupied tables. With a shrug, Quan walked over to the indicated spot to make his introductions.

"Master Huang? I am Ng Quan, here as you asked. I'm still curious as to why, but I'm sure we'll get to that in a moment," he said with a small smile.
Ng Quan (27)
57-22-101*-86-30
Artisan I, Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Military Administrator II, Politician I, Public Planner II, Scribe III, Smith I, Trainer II
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

The town of Shang was a rather well organized town located in the Province of Di. Years back one couldn't really say the same, gaining it the reputation as the province's worst town. All that changed when the governors and politicians of Di decided to hand over useless Shang to an up and coming new name in the social circles. Kai Zoku. Their hopes that giving him such an assignment backfired immediately when his ideas were put into action and made Shang's productivity do a complete 180. Organization was key. Kai had a rather...unique...quirk about him that played a big role in helping with this. Kai had the town itself reconstructed in area's that left it's final look completely symmetrical when it came to structural layout. Trade skills, barracks for town patrol, agricultural layouts...it was all repositioned so the people of Shang would be as efficient as possible.

It was in the afternoon, the sun high in the air while the hustle and bustle of Shang was at its peek. Townsfolk moved left and right through the streets, going about daily tasks. Three men stood out, walking along in rather bright and extravagant robes. Two of the more older males had stout figures and long beards, the last of the three who hung behind the first two was much younger...a face smooth and free of stubble. "Should we worry about what is going on in the East?" The first stout male questioned, fingers slipping through the gray and black hair of his beard while lips pressed together in thought. The other nodded his head, his fan fluttering back and forth quickly while beads of sweat rolled down his chubby face. "It is indeed a deep concern of ours. If war breaks out and spreads this far west...we'll be swallowed up by it. All of your work would be for nothing Kai."

The two turned back to look at the younger fellow who was but two paces behind. Head tilted at a slight angle, midnight colored locks of hair hung low..spraying out around his shoulders. His robes were a mixture of greens, emerald taking up a large percent of the finely made garment. Smokey colored eyes that had been watching the people of Shang idly shifted over towards the two noblemen, a slow smile spreading across his lips. "All will be well my friends. If war does break out, I have my own plans to keep Shang safe from being crushed in the madness it would bring." As the two men blinked, Kai had to keep himself from spitting in their faces. ~That is...if you two pigs do not anger anyone first.~ Kai gave a light laugh, walking forward while raising his arms. Matching silver bracelets clanged together on each of his wrists while rising his hands to gently pat the two fellows on each of their cheeks, a metallic device coiled its way up his pinkies...a ruby embedded near the tip just before it jutted outwards into a dangerous fine point. The sharp tip drug across their flesh, leaving a red line of irritation behind it causing them both to shift back nervously. "The question is, what is the current rulers of Di going to do about this? How much do you two wish to bet that they might attempt to rush into war themselves...to gain spoils in the confusion. This will provoke new enemies. That is why...I feel we need to gain a bit more influence within Di than just a simple town..."
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Skills: Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Diplomat II, Jeer I, Politician II
Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

Roiyaru:

A young woman with long ebony hair parted perfectly down the middle happens to catch Kai's eyes, just as much as he caught hers. Her beautiful skin is very pearly, smooth, perfect. Her outfit is a red shenyi which is designed to look perfectly symmetrical. The dress has a black lines along the fringes, but also has some matching black "fringe" sewn into the dress to give it the look of perfect symmetry. It just so happens Fei was trying out a new look that day. Her eyes are dark brown, almost matching her hair even in the beautiful sunlight. Everything about her is perfect symmetry down to how she is standing there looking at Kai head on. No doubt in the noon's light, she is nothing but a beauty to behold for him, naturally perfect.

Curious dark eyes slip to each of the other people around him as curiosity sets in. Two noblemen and Kai Zoku himself? In the market place? This is definitely something she needs to see closer up. So the young lady starts to walk towards them in graceful movements. In fact, it looks as if she's floating above the ground instead of walking. A soft smile graces her face.
Jia Fei (25) 105*-73-38-61-25 Aid II, Charge II, Instructor II, Rupture II
Known as The Red Butterfly and The Symmetrical Goddess.
nstroud
General

Post by nstroud »

Huang looks up from his tea as Ng Quan walks in the door. He looks the young man up and down as he walks up to the table. Huang then gives him a careworn smile as he says, "Ah, young master Ng. I am glad that you could join me for tea today, would you care for any noodles? This teahouse serves the best noodles in all of Di." He then motions to the barkeep for two bowls of noodles to be brought over. Turning back to Ng Quan he asks "What made you come to visit an old general such as myself?"
Prefect Huang Fu
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

"Just...how are you so certain?" The nobleman with the fan asked, causing Zoku's eyebrow to raise just enough for the other to catch it. Despite Kai's rather friendly outward appearance, there was a look in those eyes of his that spoke of danger. The fan started to flap faster, the chubby fellow beginning to stammer. "...i-if you don't mind me asking...." Chuckling to himself, Zoku's eyelids slid halfway shut. "Lin my good man, I've received a letter that's just what I need to collect information on what is going on in our country. News that I will bring for everyone in Di to hear so they are not blind or ill-informed with the happenings to the far south and east...."

As the nobleman began to question him some more, Kai Zoku noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Within the sea of townsfolk that moved within the market place, farmers and merchants shouting their goods, a beauty stood out brightly among the common trash that populated Shang. Everything about her was.... Symmetrical Beauty at its finest. It seemed she had captured the eye of the noblemen as well...or perhaps, their curiosity of what could take Kai's attention that strongly snagged them too. ~What...PERFECT symmetry!!!~ Kai thought, his eyes bright with interest as his own feet began to carry him towards her. The two would meet halfway, the noblemen waddling quickly behind him. "What gorgeous beacon of perfection has decided to grace Shang?" Zoku spoke, soft words flowing smoothly from his lips as a hand rose to rest the tips of his fingers against his cheek. The metallic claw lightly tapped over and over as his eyes ran along the females form, admiring her symmetrical look. "Is there anything I have these two men help you with?" The nobles looked taken back, just the suggestion of making them perform tasks servants should be doing...for this...STRANGER....baffled them!
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

Roiyaru:

Before Fei could say anything, Kai was already talking to her, which made her giggle a little and put her hands together so the sleeves converged cutely. "No, they don't interest me. You do though. What brings the ruler of this village out into the market place? Shouldn't that be too dangerous?" Clearly, Fei was not from this particular village and did not know how strict he was.

While he enjoyed how she looked, she herself was giving him a passing glance, just out of curiosity. 'Not to mention he was talking about sensitive topics out in public. Was this guy insane? What if someone here had been a spy? Awww, he needs me like a puppy needs a home.' Instead of hiding her amusement at her thought, Fei actually giggles which for him will be out of no where.
RoiyaruOokami
Sergeant

Post by RoiyaruOokami »

"Dangerous?" Kai blinked, seeming rather confused that she would use such a word. The nobles smiled, condescending ones that said the woman knew very little. "Clearly you ARE a mere traveler. We wouldn't expect YOU to understand..." The one holding the fan chuckled, his belly causing his robe to strain. Kai's lips tightened, lifting a hand into the air as he gave a snap of his finger. Almost immediately, the crowd started to part for two armed men who wore rather shoddy body armor. Despite the quality, it seemed there was great care put into the entire uniform these men wore. Black and dark green mixed in with bright yellows made in a perfectly symmetrical design. Guards and soldiers within a city would scoff at the sight, however this was a simple town and more than enough to strike fear into the citizens. The noble who spoke up went pale, fan falling to the ground as he was taken by each arm, jaw working to speak up but unable to get any sound to come out.

Unlike most places where this would have halted all activity just so people could stare, men and women walked on without a care to a nobleman being drug off like a criminal. There were one or two who glanced over, smirking as clearly they thought this fellow was going to get what he deserved. "...Seems we will need to clean blood from the central platform yet again this week..." The nobleman who was left uttered low under his breath. "I assure you, there's no need for me to fear coming out here. I trust no one here will think ill thoughts of harming me..." There was such confidence in this mans voice, so sure of what he spoke of. "...for traitors would be dealt with swiftly." His smile for her faded however. "If one who runs a town, village, or even a city can not walk amongst his own people...then he is a failure in what he does." His eyes tore away from her as he eyed the people around him, a few sending smiles his way while others avoided eye contact. ~Besides, these idiots know...that it was I who made their lives all the more easier. That they can't deny nor forget.~
Kai Zoku (23)
47-44-85-39-81
Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

Roiyaru:

Fei pouts a little at the way that damn fat man was talking to her like she was a useless wretch. A plush lower lip pokes out unhappily, that is, until Kai brings an arm up and with a snap of his fingers, literally, the noble is dragged off. The fan left behind as a lasting testimony to never, EVER cross Kai. Both dark pools of obsidian fall down on it as if completely entranced. 'How...artistic and pretty...' Her thoughts cause her to pause a hair too long. However, Kai talking again jolts her out of it.

"No, not your people, but what about other people? Spies, wanderers, your town is just as open to outsiders as any other." Finally her gaze is brought back up to his face where she grins a little. "To talk outside of a secure area makes you vulnerable to espionage. My mother always said, knowledge is power. You wouldn't want anyone to have power over you, right?" The girl has this way of taking command of a conversation, even of the area around her. While something about her is very uncharismatic, and he can't really put his finger on what it is just yet, he still feels this undeniable urge to listen to her and to what is clearly wisdom.