Huainan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Jiang Chao
Officer

Re: Huainan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Jiang Chao »

Finally, Lu Shu was able to get some information about Gongsun Ke. He was obviously a hero of these lands. Maybe he would become an ally to Jiang Chao. From the tone of the Butcher, the people seemed not content with the rule of the current governor, which meant they supported Gongsun Ke, if Lu Shu could claim the city and Gongsun Ke, then maybe he would also have the support of the people.

"I thank you, Good Sir. That is all that I needed to know, worry not, I am not an agent of Deng Suli. However, for my meeting with Gongsun Ke, I will leave that to the fates."

Lu shu bowed, and departed from Xuyi, back to his own town of Yutai.
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31
Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Sortie II, Rupture II, Delay II, Entrench

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Deride II, Diplomat II, Politician III, Rally II
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Jiang Chao wrote:Finally, Lu Shu was able to get some information about Gongsun Ke. He was obviously a hero of these lands. Maybe he would become an ally to Jiang Chao. From the tone of the Butcher, the people seemed not content with the rule of the current governor, which meant they supported Gongsun Ke, if Lu Shu could claim the city and Gongsun Ke, then maybe he would also have the support of the people.

"I thank you, Good Sir. That is all that I needed to know, worry not, I am not an agent of Deng Suli. However, for my meeting with Gongsun Ke, I will leave that to the fates."

Lu shu bowed, and departed from Xuyi, back to his own town of Yutai.
There was snow gently falling from the sky when the colorfully dressed Wizard came to the town of Yutai. He carried a drum or cymbal of stretched animal bladder adorned with feathers in one hand and wore a garment of blue, yellow and red. His hair was a ratty collection of gray and brown hair in which more feathers were tangled and woven. He smelled of dirt, oils, and the rankness of an unwashed body.

With feet tied in rags he walked into the town and decided to stop his walking just beside a local farmers small plot of land. Wild eyed, he looked about and then began banging on the drum.

~ Thoomp, Thoomp, Thoomp! ~

He paused and then in a thick rumbling voice cried out. "I speak to the line of Lu! Come and here me!" he then beat on the drum again.

"Will he answer me or is he another who will not heed the gods and their speakers?" the so-called wizard called out and by now he was attracting a large crowd from the town.

GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

Lu Shu came out of the crowd dressed in a robe which were slightly more magnificent than those of the village people. He stod in front of the man with the drums, and yelled to overcome the noise. "I think you are looking for me! I am the magistrate of this town, Lu Shu!"
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31
Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Sortie II, Rupture II, Delay II, Entrench

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Jiang Chao wrote:Lu Shu came out of the crowd dressed in a robe which were slightly more magnificent than those of the village people. He stod in front of the man with the drums, and yelled to overcome the noise. "I think you are looking for me! I am the magistrate of this town, Lu Shu!"
"You are mistaken. It is you who are looking for me, Lu Shu." the dirty man said and ceased the beating of the drum, for now at least.

He stalked forward and began to prance around Lu Shu and then cackled, reaching forward to pinch the town magistrate on the arm. "You sought out Gongsun Kě and now he has come to Yutai! You may rejoice and retire."
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:
Jiang Chao wrote:Lu Shu came out of the crowd dressed in a robe which were slightly more magnificent than those of the village people. He stod in front of the man with the drums, and yelled to overcome the noise. "I think you are looking for me! I am the magistrate of this town, Lu Shu!"
"You are mistaken. It is you who are looking for me, Lu Shu." the dirty man said and ceased the beating of the drum, for now at least.

He stalked forward and began to prance around Lu Shu and then cackled, reaching forward to pinch the town magistrate on the arm. "You sought out Gongsun Kě and now he has come to Yutai! You may rejoice and retire."
Lu Shu was slighty concerned of Gongsun Ke. Luckily, Lu Shu was more of a scholar than an official, and therefore he knew that every man could hold wisdom regardless of appearance. "Indeed, I am glad that you have come to visit." He used his other hand to take grip to Gongsun Ke's hand, and gave some sort of handshake mixed with a bow. "Gongsun Ke, a State can not function ideally when its citizens are oppressed and unhappy. Please tell me about your conflict with Magistrate Deng Suli. Maybe we can come to a solution."
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin

Jiang Chao wrote:Lu Shu was slighty concerned of Gongsun Ke. Luckily, Lu Shu was more of a scholar than an official, and therefore he knew that every man could hold wisdom regardless of appearance. "Indeed, I am glad that you have come to visit." He used his other hand to take grip to Gongsun Ke's hand, and gave some sort of handshake mixed with a bow. "Gongsun Ke, a State can not function ideally when its citizens are oppressed and unhappy. Please tell me about your conflict with Magistrate Deng Suli. Maybe we can come to a solution."
"The heavens have all ready come to a solution Lu Shu." Said the wizard with a sly hint in his voice. "Deng Suli and his scholars must be overthrown and you" He punctuated his words by stabbing a sharp finger at Shu's chest "and the town of Yutai will help the heavens in this task. You need to worry, the heavens will reward its servants, and should the spirits forget you, I will not."

Gongsun Kě then spun around and jumped in the air, beating the drum quickly, before he bellowed. "People of Yutai, gather round and hear the words of the heavens! Gongsun Kě has come to deliver you all from those who would stand against the gods of Huainan! Deng Suli has rejected the spirits, the gods, and their servants in favor of laws and taxes! This can not stand!"

The crowd began grumbling and nodding their heads in agreement. Some even began to whisper whether Lu Shu had also forsaken the gods in favor of such things.
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

Just as he had been surprised by this figure, he was once again surprised as the big man spelled out his intentions. Lu Shu, was although interested to see how this would develop, and decided to play along. "Gongsun Ke! The town of Yutai is not enough to overthrow Deng Suli, if you can muster an army, then the garrison of Yutai will assist in your rebellion, however, I cannot risk the lives of my soldiers in a fight of defeat."
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin

Jiang Chao wrote:Just as he had been surprised by this figure, he was once again surprised as the big man spelled out his intentions. Lu Shu, was although interested to see how this would develop, and decided to play along. "Gongsun Ke! The town of Yutai is not enough to overthrow Deng Suli, if you can muster an army, then the garrison of Yutai will assist in your rebellion, however, I cannot risk the lives of my soldiers in a fight of defeat."
"Coward! Fool!" He spat at Lu Shu. "The heavens and the gods are with us. Four nights ago during the thunderstorm a frog visited me as a slept by the riverbank beneath a tree. The frog spoke and told me the gods of thunder and rain had agreed that Deng Suli is not fit to rule. They have championed me to find one who will listen to the way of the gods, who will fulfill the old traditions, and will obey the words of the gods messenger. They shall lend us the strength we lack in numbers. We need but to issue the call and the people will rise. The gods will lend themselves to our cause and the earth will tremble!"

He began to beat his drum once more. Dancing in a circle on one foot. "HU-Gai! Ng-Tey!" he screamed and a few people seemed to began gathering a cheer. The townsfolk of Yutai began to take up a chorus. "Down with Deng Duli! The gods are with us."
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

Lu Shu wiped the spit from his face in disgust. And then he sighed. "I guess it can't be helped," he mumbled, as Gongsun Ke started a big ritual dance. Lu Shu then retreated to his home, leaving the big dirty man to do whatever he pleased. It seemed as though as faith had put him on a path to liberate the people of Xuyi. Lu Shu hoped that Gongsun Ke was more than just talk.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I was on a trip.
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin

Throughout what remained of the day and into the night, the mystic performed all manner of rituals, including the sacrifice of one of the towns most productive oxen. The townsfolk however seemed willing to give it up in order to gain the favor of the gods and then had a large communal meal of ox meat and guts. As the ceremony began to wind down the self-proclaimed wizard knocked on Lu Shu's door repeatedly until it was answered. He called out that the town head must partake of the eye of the ox, like himself, so that they can be bound to see the same path in their destiny.
GMNPC's

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba