Huainan Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Jiang Chao
Officer

Re: Huainan Provincial Roleplay

Post by Jiang Chao »

Lu Shu stood infront of the man for around five minutes, thinking about the riddle. When he finally came to an answer, he made a short bow before saying calmly. "You are the Rain."

Xuyi made for a decent place to offer his expertise. It surely did not have the extremeties of Huaiyin, however, there was always a chance that Xuyi was plagued by corruption and other problems. From the looks of the tired guards, there had been none or few investments made into the military of the city. If Lu Shu could gain control of a city like Xuyi, he would also make sure that talented people followed him, these people would be able to freshen up Xuyi.
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31
Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Sortie II, Rupture II, Delay II, Entrench

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Deride II, Diplomat II, Politician III, Rally II
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

Jiang Chao wrote:Lu Shu stood infront of the man for around five minutes, thinking about the riddle. When he finally came to an answer, he made a short bow before saying calmly. "You are the Rain."

Xuyi made for a decent place to offer his expertise. It surely did not have the extremeties of Huaiyin, however, there was always a chance that Xuyi was plagued by corruption and other problems. From the looks of the tired guards, there had been none or few investments made into the military of the city. If Lu Shu could gain control of a city like Xuyi, he would also make sure that talented people followed him, these people would be able to freshen up Xuyi.
Growing bored with waiting, Deng Suli soon turned back to his reading. Then Lu Shu finally came up with the answer. Suli sneered, "Good, so you aren't entirely witless after all." He paused a moment, and then sighed, "Yes, well, come in then. You have already managed to interrupt my studies." Suli gave a dismissive wave of his hand, vaguely gesturing to a cushion on the opposite side of the table where he sat. Once Lu Shu had sat down, Suli then inquired, "So, why have you interrupted me? Who are you and what is your business here in Xuyi?"
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

Comfortably seated, Lu Shu presented himself. "I am Lu Shu, District Manager of Yutai. I am here to ask about the condition of this city. With the Qin Empire gone, many warlords are rising up to claim these cities. It would be unfortunate if Xuyi was to be conquered by a talentless ruler." Lu Shu was glad that he could act in a normal way. A few days his act to persuade the bandit leader Saoteng Hao failed horribly. Hopefully, this scholar was sensible than the bandit. "Tell me, are the people and your retainers content with your rule?"
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31
Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Sortie II, Rupture II, Delay II, Entrench

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

"Ah..." Deng Suli began, the displeasure clear in his tone, "The Magistrate of Yutai. Yes, I see. I suppose it is within your interest to know what has been going on here." Deng Suli sighed and rolled up the scroll. Giving the desk a light tap with it, he began, "There are not many retainers, for I prefer to do much of the work myself. It ensures those illiterate buffoons don't mess anything up." Deng Suli reached over for a bowl of tea, taking a long sip of it before he continued, "The taxes are paid, the respects are made, all is right under heaven." He smiled for a moment, but it was all a ruse, as a grimace soon came to his face, "Except for one man. Gongsun Ke. I would advise you, Magistrate, to keep an eye out for that man. It would do you well to heed my words here." Deng Suli gave a narrow smile, allowing Lu Shu to reply.
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

"Tell me more about Gongsun Ke." Lu Shu said, with a curious look. Everything seemed alright, but Lu Shu felt that the city did not function to its full potential. In addition, a man named Gongsun Ke seemed to have a bad reputation with the Magistrate, which made him very interesting.
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

"He is a man of some infamy," Deng Suli sighed, "A purported thaumaturge, a charlatan of the highest degree. He has defiled the minds of the people, spreading his words to all the villages under my supervision." Deng Suli leaned closer to Lu Shu, "I would take caution, therefore, and see to it that this man does not enter your town. No good comes from him."

Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

Lu Shu nodded. "Mhm. I shall heed your advice." He then stood up, bowing to the magistrate. "It has been nice talking to you. I wish to visit the Marketplace in Xuyi before the closing hours, and then I will return to my own home." He stepped away from the table and awaited the Magistrates approval.

-------------

Lu Shu approached the townspeople and inquired them about the infamous man Gongsun Ke. Maybe these would have a different perspective on the man.
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Having seen him exit the administrative complex of Xuyi at first no one was willing to give Lu Shu any information about Gongsun Ke for they had both respect for and fear of the man's powers and they knew he was an enemy of Governor Deng Suli. A few people whispered things behind Shu's back as he passed, but when he actually comforted him they acted dumb as to the location of Gongsun Ke.

It wasn't until the market place began to close that he got a decent lead. A butcher, covered in the guts of his trade, put a hand on Lu Shu's shoulder roughly. "I do hear yu b'en looken fur great Gongsun Kě. I cannet tell yu where ta find great Gongsun kě, but I can tell him where ta find yu? Would yu like that?" The butcher said quickly, his words jumbling together as they exited his large mouth.

"Where should he find yu?"
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Jiang Chao
Officer

Post by Jiang Chao »

Lu Shu was glad that he finally had found someone willing to help him. He sensed that many of the villagers had a relationship to Gongsun Ke, wether it was a good one, or a bad one, he did not know.

"Thank you Sir, but before I want to meet him, I need to know more about Gongsun Ke. Would you please enlighten me? Why is it that there is a bad relationship between him and Deng Suli?"
Huang Ning. 28
92-72-44-68-31

Very Dead Guy Lu Shu, 23
62-19-78-38-85
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Jiang Chao wrote:Lu Shu was glad that he finally had found someone willing to help him. He sensed that many of the villagers had a relationship to Gongsun Ke, wether it was a good one, or a bad one, he did not know.

"Thank you Sir, but before I want to meet him, I need to know more about Gongsun Ke. Would you please enlighten me? Why is it that there is a bad relationship between him and Deng Suli?"
"That's a questin' fur great Gongsun Kě ta answer, not fur me." the butcher said with some nervousness. He glanced more then once toward the deepening gloom of the market's alleyways. After a moment he decided to give a little bit more information.

"Gongsun Kě cares 'bout us an' the gods an' the governor, he only cares 'bout the city an' keeping it running. Don't think he likes bein told he be wrong by the great Gongsun Kě."
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."