Qi Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Mikal
Marquis

Re: Qi Provincial Roleplay

Post by Mikal »

"They will be at the staging area. There will be enough for your men for this month, and next. Your pay will be given upon the successful completion. Any questions?"
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
LEGEND
LEGEND

Post by LEGEND »

Mikal wrote:"They will be at the staging area. There will be enough for your men for this month, and next. Your pay will be given upon the successful completion. Any questions?"
Setting the bowl back down on the table after he has finished drinking the wine from there, the hooded figure rose from where he sat and turned at the corner of the table. "I'll inform you when the job is done. Just make sure that the goods are ready before then. It shouldn't take long..." The hooded said to their host before turning at his heel and walked out of the tavern with the other two hooded figures trailing behind him.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

Kuai Wei wrote:
alexoran wrote:The large white skinned brute glared at the man for a moment until he realized that he was indeed speaking in latin. He had nearly forgotten the last time he had heard his home language spoken. He thought for a moment as he listened to the man speak still keeping his angry facade.

"How in the name of Jupiter do you know who I am? I no not your face. Also I see you do not know me that well either for not understanding I left on my own accord to stay with Cousin. Republic bored me." he said in a tense tone in his home tongue of latin.

The large brute crossed his arms and huffed before continuing in latin. "I need no protection from these backward and frail fools that call themselves members of an empire! Especially not from a stranger just because of his Roman blood. There are many rats and insects that share my Roman blood!" he stated with a raised voice and still with his angry tone.
"Were you not aware the Empire was keeping tabs on you? Tsk, tsk, Alexandrus. A shame, truly. And if you were not aware, I believe the official records document you as being exiled to barbarian lands."

Casual and relaxed, Nevestus follows suit of Alexandrus and crosses his arms as well, although it's painfully obvious that he does not share the same aggravated mood as the other Roman, just a sense of self-entitled sovereignty.

"But as I have already stated, I am not here to bore with the politics of our homeland. No, regardless of the path you have chosen, I am here to offer you my hand in friendship. Surely you retain the same sense of brotherhood from Roma as do I?"

Scoffing, he covers his mouth with one hand to conceal a shy grin.

"Ease yourself, Alexandrus. I assure you, I am not to be considered your enemy, if not an ally. You have heard of the centurion Nevestus, have you not? Indeed, I am the very same man. Leader, warrior, and self-governed emperor in one. Does that not alone provide any implications to my abilities?"
For Alexoran
Xiong Shou
68-98*-29-63-66 / Assemble II, Charge II, Instructor II, Jianshu II
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

Alexandrus rolled his eyes as the man mentioned his name as if it was something so great. Alexandrus even while still in Roma cared not for any other ranking people unless it meant bettering himself or he had gained respect for the person. "I know not of you and personally I do not care of your rank or name."

He paused for a moment then shrugged. "If you wish to help Zhefu then do as you wish but don't expect my respect just because you are Roman at birth. As of yet even those I have fought with have not gained my respect so you will hopefully prove yourself sooner or later." he finished in his latin tongue.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

"Fair enough," replies Nevestus, now somewhat disinterested albeit still polite.

"I am oblivious as to why you would consider me anything but your equal, even with the allustrious rank of centurion, but that is your own misconception. I'll see to it in the future, your disposition towards me is befitting for one of my stature and abilities."

Nevestus stares into Alexandrus' eyes coldly, emotionless yet without an implication of threat.

"Alexandrus. You underestimate me, as well as those who have served and continously serve our homeland. Reconsider your stance on the subject, for it is Roma that has formed the man you are today."

Nevestus attempts to place a firm grip on Alexandrus' shoulder, a show of respectful affection.

"Deny yourself not, we are brothers on this front. Now, I bid you vale, legatus."

Nevestus performs the Roman salute, turning to exit.
Xiong Shou
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

(OOC: sorry for the wait I wasn't able to get on my comp for a few days)

As the man placed his hand upon Alexandrus's shoulder he didn't move a muscle. He glanced over at the Roman named Nevestus with cold eyes. He stared at him for a moment then gave him a military salute. "If you help Cousin I help you in return. I pledge my honor as a former Centurion on it." The large white skinned man extended his arm out as an invitation for a hand shake.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

((No problem.))

"I ask not for your help," Nevestus says as he accepts the invited gesture and grasps Alexandrus' hand with a firm squeeze, "but your respect and friendship. There is no doubt, I will provide whatever assistance I can to Zhefu."

Nodding his head in recognition of an admiration for Alexandrus, a sudden but humbling sense of awe sets into Nevestus. His reverance for Alexandrus, is very much apparent as a seemingly glowing sense of esteem radiates from the somewhat barbaric yet noble Roman.

"And you may mark my words, I also pledge my honor upon this claim of my own."
Xiong Shou
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

As the envoys returned from their duties to the neighboring lands, Zhefu was pleased. It seemed that the forces of peace would have a chance after all.

Liang promised neutrality in public, allowing no armies to stage there until they were ready. Yin seemed ready to also pledge defense, if not outright alliance, and the King of Jiaodong, while always a wild card due to his expansionistic dreams, seemed content to keep Eastern Chu an ally.

Then the border reports came.

Qing Bu. Leading an Imperial Army. Encamping within Liang.

"...Ma Su." Zhefu hissed the word as if it were a curse. Few had seen the Duke of Eastern Chu angered, but now they did. Rumors would persist for weeks afterwards as to what Zhefu did during this rage, but none knew for certain.

All that could be said was that many sounds of breaking, tearing, and ripping could be heard throughout the night. As the sun made its way across the land, Zhefu emerged, his eyes cold.

"Assemble the council." was all that was said. And so it was done.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
King Tao
Major

Post by King Tao »

Jiaoxi Battle Aftermath

Baihu smiled as he heard two of the men decided to join their ranks. He looked to Alexandrus and said, "Carefully cut their binds and show them to a safe place so the doctors may see to their wounds, cousin. The others are to be brought to the prisoner tent where we'll have their wounds treated and keep them in holding until we leave for Linzi... father will want to see them as well... Their leader will join them soon."
Kung Fang 78-71-35-68-28 Charge 2, Cover 2, Encourage 1, Raid 1, Support 2, Volley 1, Wall 1

BaiHu
Kung Xian

[02:36] <TGC> I never thought I'd ever say that but, thanks, KT.
Kern
General

Post by Kern »

Zu Shi stood near Baihu's side. Observing as the guards carried out his orders and the prisoners were brought to their temporary home. Having lead the reinforcements, Zu Shi was displeased with keeping the prisoners alive. "Why are we keeping these dogs alive? Execute them now and save our lord the trouble of seeing them. Will be much easier on us all."
Zu Shi (24) 112-85*-37-90-22 Aid II, Dash III, Discipline I, Entangle I, Instructor II, Trainer II, Wall II