Sai Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiao Gau
Major

Re: Sai Provincial Roleplay

Post by Xiao Gau »

Redbird wrote:She watches him eat and thinks about the fact that she knows almost nothing about Ying's culture and history and makes a decision to learn as much as she can from him. "You are definitely an interesting man, Ying. I certainly hope you will teach me about your tribe and culture. So many assume because of how you look that you are not worth of their attention, but to me, you deserve quite a lot of attention. You made history with what you went through and your people must be truly strong indeed to produce someone like you. And I am sure the Marquis will give you plenty to do to hone your craft. "
"Actually, Ying prefer when people overlook. Ying work best in darkness, in not seeing places. So it to advantage for people to unconsider." -=he says with a sardonic smile. He goes quiet while he starts to enjoy more of his plain rice. Sipping at his water, he studies the woman seated before him. She was quite pretty, though much paler than the women of his tribe, but somehow that was strangely alluring.=- "Can teach you much of our people, is yes. But much of Xiongnu lore is for Xiongnu. Outlanders not to know.

"Marquis is man of vision, like Xiongnu Shanyü, Ying respect such man. And such man respect Ying, give Ying writtenings of cunning warrior of past, to learn from."
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Xiao Gau wrote:"Actually, Ying prefer when people overlook. Ying work best in darkness, in not seeing places. So it to advantage for people to unconsider." -=he says with a sardonic smile. He goes quiet while he starts to enjoy more of his plain rice. Sipping at his water, he studies the woman seated before him. She was quite pretty, though much paler than the women of his tribe, but somehow that was strangely alluring.=- "Can teach you much of our people, is yes. But much of Xiongnu lore is for Xiongnu. Outlanders not to know.

"Marquis is man of vision, like Xiongnu Shanyü, Ying respect such man. And such man respect Ying, give Ying writtenings of cunning warrior of past, to learn from."
Yuying smiles as Ying talks. Maybe she could help him with his Chinese as he teaches her about his people. Seemed a fair trade. "I completely understand that there are things you must keep from me. Your tribal teachings are sacred and I will be honored to learn only some of what your culture is like. And you must explain more about why you enjoy being overlooked. I understand it to a point, but you must remember I am used to being seen, used to being in the open and being watched by everyone. Maybe you could bring me into one of these...how did you put it...'not seeing places' one time so I may see how you see things? See how it is you do what you do...maybe show me how to track things? I have always been curious about those that could find people and animals when others failed at it even after days of trying."

She ate another piece of fruit and nodded, smiling more when he spoke of the book that Marquis Zu gave him. "Yes, that was a very generous thing for the Marquis to do. Might I borrow it some time to read through it and learn about this wondrous warrior? I thirst for knowledge while others reach for power and money. I feel finding one's place in this world and constantly learning about the world around us is much more satisfying. What is your thought on this?"
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Civil Administrator 2, Engineer 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 2, Scribe 2
Xiao Gau
Major

Post by Xiao Gau »

Redbird wrote:Yuying smiles as Ying talks. Maybe she could help him with his Chinese as he teaches her about his people. Seemed a fair trade. "I completely understand that there are things you must keep from me. Your tribal teachings are sacred and I will be honored to learn only some of what your culture is like. And you must explain more about why you enjoy being overlooked. I understand it to a point, but you must remember I am used to being seen, used to being in the open and being watched by everyone. Maybe you could bring me into one of these...how did you put it...'not seeing places' one time so I may see how you see things? See how it is you do what you do...maybe show me how to track things? I have always been curious about those that could find people and animals when others failed at it even after days of trying."

She ate another piece of fruit and nodded, smiling more when he spoke of the book that Marquis Zu gave him. "Yes, that was a very generous thing for the Marquis to do. Might I borrow it some time to read through it and learn about this wondrous warrior? I thirst for knowledge while others reach for power and money. I feel finding one's place in this world and constantly learning about the world around us is much more satisfying. What is your thought on this?"
-=Ying laughs as the Lady asks him to take her hunting with him. He shakes his head, chuckling.=- "You wish go hunting with Ying? Is very funny Lady. Hunting is dirty, hard works. Spend much time in muck and murk. No place for fine born lady." -=He goes quiet for a moment, eating in silence for several minutes.

Finally, after washing his food down with more water, he continues.=-
"For years, Ying has been the subject of curious stares and loathing and scorn. The civilized peoples of this land look down upon people like Ying, call his savage and barbarian. What was done of Julu was work of savage.. not of Xiongnu peoples. A savage of royal blood and bearing. A man of China. It is wearying. So Ying prefer to be unnotice." -=He turns slightly, pointing at the shy serving girl with his chopsticks.=- "See? She is curious, having never seen such a man as Ying. Is less of trouble, rather than men who stare with hatred and loathing."

-=He smiles sardonically.=- "Book has been very enlightening, learn much from the cunning of Xiwu. Through his teachings, Ying can bring war directly to the Marquis foes, amid his people, amid his soldier.

"Ying would be happy to let read. Has tent pitched in the central garden, can find Ying there if not off for Marquis."
Ying, former Chu tracker and hunting dog
Co: 81 | M: 16 | I: 76 |J: 80* | Ch: 22
Skills: Confuse 2, Entangle 2, Poison 2, Saboteur 3, Scout 2, Spy
Redbird
Sergeant

Post by Redbird »

Xiao Gau wrote:-=Ying laughs as the Lady asks him to take her hunting with him. He shakes his head, chuckling.=- "You wish go hunting with Ying? Is very funny Lady. Hunting is dirty, hard works. Spend much time in muck and murk. No place for fine born lady." -=He goes quiet for a moment, eating in silence for several minutes.

Finally, after washing his food down with more water, he continues.=-
"For years, Ying has been the subject of curious stares and loathing and scorn. The civilized peoples of this land look down upon people like Ying, call his savage and barbarian. What was done of Julu was work of savage.. not of Xiongnu peoples. A savage of royal blood and bearing. A man of China. It is wearying. So Ying prefer to be unnotice." -=He turns slightly, pointing at the shy serving girl with his chopsticks.=- "See? She is curious, having never seen such a man as Ying. Is less of trouble, rather than men who stare with hatred and loathing."

-=He smiles sardonically.=- "Book has been very enlightening, learn much from the cunning of Xiwu. Through his teachings, Ying can bring war directly to the Marquis foes, amid his people, amid his soldier.

"Ying would be happy to let read. Has tent pitched in the central garden, can find Ying there if not off for Marquis."
Yuying smiles when he laughs at her request. She know that was how he was going to respond, and she smiled at him. "While yes, I am a noblewoman, I was once a young girl who enjoyed playing with the horses and getting dirty. That is one of the reasons, she speaks softly so only he can hear her, that I am no longer in the higher courts. I have too much of an opinion and I don't mind getting my hands dirty. I do have proper clothes I could wear if you would oblige me and take me some time. Nothing too dangerous, of course, she laughsbecause while I can handle daggers quite well, I cannot handle too much fighting. She winks at him and laughs again.

"I am sorry that you have been treated so. It is unkind for one to be treated as such just because you come from a different culture. We all make this world work in many ways, and we should all be treated as such. It is good to see She looks over at the serving girl, that there are some that are curious and not hateful. But I can tell you, as long as you are with me, I will make sure you are treated just as well as I am! We are both officers of Marquis Zu and should be treated as such. And why do you live in a tent? I am sure the Marquis has fine quarters you could rest in?"
Sun Yuying
Full Pic
47 | 22 | *87 | 75 | 57
Civil Administrator 2, Engineer 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 2, Scribe 2
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Despite the calm aura that reigned within the administrative complex in Xianyang, people that saw Shou pass by them suddenly felt nervous. The gleam in his eye as well as the bounce in his step were unnerving.
He traveled with his weapon unsheathed and his recent wounds exposed, only adding to the clamor he produced through the whole building.
With the purpose of a madman and the intent of a killer, Shou did not take long to find the recently released Ka Ben. The man, having escaped a sure death walked with a lightness of one just released from heavy chains. He was smiling and his gait was gay and happy until his gaze met Shou's.

Had Shou's goal been intimidation or to faze his victim, he would of been able to head back to his quarters, mission accomplished. Ben's eyes shifted left and right, reaching for his sword with a shaking hand. Could it be that the Heavens above so cursed him?

Without even a word of explanation, Shou attacked with Gihren's Greed gleaming in the light.

OOC: Death duel, tactics to be sent to Belial, I'll do poor Ka Ben's tactics
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

In moments Ka Ben is knocked unconscious and left to Shou's mercy!
Bout 1:

Round 1:
Ka Ben HP: 55 Might: 55
Shou HP: 83 Might: 83

Ka Ben attempts to intimidate Shou.
Ka Ben fails to intimidate Shou.
Ka Ben lands the attack.(4)
Shou attempts to taunt Ka Ben.
Shou fails to taunt Ka Ben.
Shou fails to hit with the attack!

Round 2:
Ka Ben HP: 55 Might: 55
Shou HP: 79 Might: 83

Shou attempts a combination attack on Ka Ben.
Shou lands a combination!
Shou lands the attack.(11)

Round 3:
Ka Ben HP: 44 Might: 55
Shou HP: 75 Might: 83

Ka Ben attempts to land a crippling strike on Shou!
Ka Ben's crippling strike fails to land on a vital point.
Ka Ben fails to hit with the attack!
Shou attempts a combination attack on Ka Ben.
Shou lands a combination!
Shou lands the attack.(11)

End of Bout 1:
Ka Ben HP: 33 Might: 55

Bout 2:

Round 1:

Shou fails to hit with the attack!

Round 2:
Shou HP: 71 Might: 83

Ka Ben lands the attack.(3)
Shou attempts to land a crippling strike on Ka Ben!
Shou's crippling strike fails to land.
Shou lands the attack.(9)

Round 3:
Ka Ben HP: 24 Might: 55
Shou HP: 68 Might: 83

Shou attempts to land a crippling strike on Ka Ben!
Ka Ben injured during attack - reducing might by 9
Shou lands the attack.(9)

End of Bout 2:
Ka Ben HP: 15 Might: 46
Shou HP: 64 Might: 83

Bout 3:

Round 1:
Ka Ben HP: 15 Might: 46
Shou HP: 64 Might: 83

Ka Ben lands the attack.(3)
Shou lands a counterblow against Ka Ben's attack!(+5 damage)
Shou lands the attack.(17)
Shou wins!
Ka Ben successfully retreats!

End of Bout 3:
Ka Ben HP: -2 Might: 46
Shou HP: 61 Might: 83
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The fight over, Shou stood over the body of his victim as he breathed with some labor. If he waited a few moments, he would surely regain consciousness.

OOC: GoGo, you can RP whatever you like here, either kill him while he's out or wait until he wakes and then do whatever you wish. If you have other plans, let me know.
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

Post by GoGo the Monkey »

Raising his weapon Shou tilted his head to the side, paused. He did not know this man, where he came from or why he had taken the actions he had. Conflicted with his own actions he slowly lowered his weapon. His gaze fixed upon Ka Ben's weapon he took a step forward before pausing once more. He had just attempted to kill this man, could he still be trusted? Taking a deep breathe he lightly shook his head. The mans top teeth clamping down upon his bottom lip as he exhaled. Pacing forward he positioned himself directly above the man, his chin shooting. "Well...." he mumbled to himself before dropping his gaze down. The grip on his billhook tightening he pulled his weapon back before thrusting it forward into the mans chest. Pulling his weapon out he would thrust it forward two more times before stopping himself. Taking a step back after he was finished, he reached for one of the mans ankles. Throwing his billhook over one shoulder he begun to pull Ka Ben's body. "Someone find me lord Zu! I wish to speak with his now!" he begun to shout.

Ka Ben is dead...
Kern
General

Post by Kern »

(Bite me. I'm lazy.)

A servent wearing the uniform of Luoyang delievers a steed to Lord Zu's stables with a note. The Note simply reads "May he be more swift than your enemies"

+3 Speed Horse delievered from Zu Shi!
Zu Shi (24) 112-85*-37-90-22 Aid II, Dash III, Discipline I, Entangle I, Instructor II, Trainer II, Wall II
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

GoGo

One of the patrol squads had happened upon the scene of the grisly murder of Ka Ben. The men were quite... At a loss as to what to do about it, however, the captain of the squad looked at Shou and then to one of his men. He gave the man a nod, who then ran off and fetched the Lord-Scholar.

A shortwhile later, Zu Yanghei arrived on the scene, flanked by a score of guardsmen, and the previous runner. He stepped through the throng of people and looked over Shou, dragging the bloodied carcass of Ka Ben, with a frown, "Lt. General Shou, what is the meaning of this," he asked, seemingly disappointed, but not angry.

Kern
The stablemaster gives his thanks to the servant and accepts the horse!
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)