Wei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Avenara
Sergeant

Re: Wei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Avenara »

((OOC: I just thought Zhao Ning and Jia Fei would be off to the side chatting while Cheng Dang and Ma Su officially talked. I thought that because Su is the more impressive of the two "ambassadors", and it's hard on someone to try and have an audience with two people at once. So I figured Fei would go second, and in the meantime talk to the crazy spear man who is ever so interesting! ;) ))

Fei tenses up when Ning raises up his hand, expecting him to strike, but the soft touch on her shoulder relaxes her again. His laughter brings some of her own, as she realizes he was testing her. Moments ago she would've sworn she was going to have to call for her men and start a battle for her survival. Well, that went better than expected.

"Oh no, I have to entertain the both of you. It is pretty clear you are fairly good friends. I can't impress one without impressing the other." The young lady laughs again, finding the situation highly amusing.

It seems that Dang and Su have finished talking with each other. So now the attention is drawn back to Fei. Dang is relaxed, which is always a good sign. Perhaps he has decided she is honestly looking for alliances.

"Ah, my good Lord Zoku. He is such a wondrous man. Shang Town was on the verge of becoming a ghost town when it came into his hands. The people were dying, food was scarce, the army nonexistent. It might as well have been a graveyard, but he changed all that." The admiration in her eyes shines brightly while she folds her hands in her lap. "Now the people have plenty of food. They aren't taxed horribly, in fact they have plenty of money to buy luxury items. He only takes what he needs to sustain his army to protect them. They actually love him. That was what drew me to him originally. So few peasants both respect and love their ruler the way these people do. He walks the streets daily. They wave and smile, and honestly greet him with joy. Of all the towns, I've never seen anything like it. That's why I serve him."

Her face drops a little when the next part of her story has to be told. "Huang Fu wants to shatter this Utopian dream. He has made no attempt to hide his intention to overtake us one way or another. After all Zoku has done for his people, to have this man swoop in and ruin it is unthinkable. They deserve better. That is why he has sent me. My great Lord has to protect his people at all costs. That is his life's goal. That is his dream." Biting her lower lip, Fei throws herself forward, pressing her forehead to the ground. "I beg of you Great and Honorable Cheng Dang, aid us in our time of crisis. In return, should you ever have need of us, we will be there. In this world of slaughter and war, the most valuable and rare flower is a true friend."
Jia Fei (25) 105*-73-38-61-25 Aid II, Charge II, Instructor II, Rupture II
Known as The Red Butterfly and The Symmetrical Goddess.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su was surprised by Cheng Dang's outburst. He kept a grim expression on his face as he listened to Cheng Dang attack both him and the lord he served. Looking at Ning for his reaction, he turned back to Cheng and replied with a cold tone and an equally fierce expression. "I came here only to find out who was now governing my homeland. I have been criticized many times in the past for being rash with what I say, but you seem to be much more so. I have bled many times for this land as well, and did so under Xiang Yu's banner because he wanted this province to be stable during the civil war. I would advise you that you remember you are now responsible for the lives of all the people in this city, and that your words can bring great rage down upon you." He would have gone on and attacked Cheng Dang himself, but Su remembered his place. "I am no politician, but I ask as a native of Wei that you put aside your own prejudices and avoid a major conflict in the future."

He looked at Ning again, and then at Fei. They were chatting, but no doubt they were hearing bits of pieces of this. He turned back to Cheng and put on a slightly more pleasant demeanor. "My father was a general of the Qin and he never returned after serving them on campaign. Know that you are not the only person of Wei to know suffering from all sides." He paused and let out a sigh. "It seems you have handled most everything in your short response... Do you have anything you would like to relay to the capital?" He looked Cheng Dang up and down. He was formidable, experienced, and not a good politician in Su's modest opinion. Su had bad feelings that Cheng Dang would throw all of Wei into war in a short time.
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

(For Jia Fei will edit and have post for Ma Su shortly)
Cheng Dang was flattered by the woman's gesture, and they fact they saw him as a power to be reckoned with. The pragmatist inside him knew that this was simply a case of the weak trying to receive protection from the strong, though that very thought boosted his ego. He was in predicament. It wouldn‘t be the first time he fought with the underdog in fight that had little for him to gain. She talked lowly of Huang Fu, but so far all of his intelligence has shown he is simply warlord making a name for himself and has yet to develop a reputation for being particularly cruel. Not like the incident in Changshan which was roughly the same distance.

He spoke with kind words at first before becoming pragmatic, he knew there was two ways to help the girl out. One would to be come running whenever he got word that Huang Fu was marching on Shang Town, problem with that by the time he got there the battle could be over Fei and Zoku at the mercy of Huang. Two would be a pre-emptive strike, his time as a Qin general one thing and that was to utterly destroy your enemy.

However he so far had no qualms with Huang Fu, and with Barbarians in the North, and the expanding Chu Empire. A warlord would be a better ally than two idealist who were just outside there teens.

Now darling there’s no need for such formalities. The Qin had enough of that and I’m not one for nostalgia. One thing they did have going for them was war. You talk like Shang is a peaceful utopia, that kinda thing don’t come easy, someone somewhere is always going to wanna take that from you. You say you’ve visited other lords, what do you expect from all of us? To come running when someone comes knocking at Shang‘s door? I sympathize with you honey, but I don‘t think you or your Lord has it in you to do what needs to be done. I know a thing or two about fighting a battle tell me how far are you and your lord willing to go?
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

OOC For Ma Su

Cheng Dang was still recuperating from the previous night, but his words were straight and what he believed. He had no love for the Chu, but he knew Zhang Han could be the one leading the retribution force. He knew the man well, and what he was capable of and that is one prospect he didn't wanna follow up.

Defeated he had to ask the question.

What would you have me do? Pledge Loyalty to the Chu? Pay Tribute? We both know Xiang Yu is gonna do what he wants to do, and there nothing I can do or say to change that. But I let you know, I'd take the best of Wei, over the best of Chu anyday. I've spoken the truth, perhaps I'm too honest but now that I'm in a positioned to speak my mind...Heh, I'm gonna do it. I was quiet long enough and all it did was keep me alive, but is biting your tongue every waking moment anyway to live?
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su retained his grim demeanor. "The Hegemonic King of Chu, to be quite frank, will not care about the activities of Wei as long as there is no violence. If you wish to be pragmatic, declare yourself under the King's power, and your city will not be harmed. If you don't, then Wei will be another spot on the list of provinces to tame." He looked around at the courtyard, admiring its peacefulness. "Speaking your piece every chance you get would be discouraged even by the most elder scholars. It is hardly slavery that the King requires, only that you mind your place and keep Wei at peace." He turned back to Cheng and looked him straight in the eyes. "We are both generals and fighting men. Your enemy may have offended you, but you don't charge onto the field without minding your troops. These people are now your soldiers, and if you don't mind them, they will be scattered by your enemies while you seek your own personal vengeance."

He looked up and squinted at the sun. He still had his full regalia on, and it was hot. "I feel I must be going. I came here not truly as a representative of Chu, but as a son of Wei. I hope that if you meet with any colleagues of mine in the future that you remember your responsibilities to your subjects."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Cheng laughed and realized he was a terrible host he motioned for servant and a servant arrived with various containers each filled with a different drink some cold some hot and each labeled, and several cups for the group. He himself poured some tea. While continuing the conversation, tensions seemed to lessoning

Bringing Wei under one flag is my first priority, there may be some infighting but it will pass shortly. I’ve spoken to the prefect of Jinyang hoping to gain his support, and not have to take it through sheer force. Believe it or not I can be negotiable.

He took a sip a tea

As for the Chu, I do not wish to make enemies and I’m glad that you did make it out here. Perhaps you could work as an ambassador? Fighting a pointless battle is not something I would like to do but if the Chu forces mobilize on Wei, I will refuse to yield. Though with your help, perhaps that can be avoided. If Xiang Yu wants my support I suppose I could give that much.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su gladly took the tea and drank it down all in one gulp. He knew it was impolite, but judging by the brashness of Cheng Dang it would hardly matter Su thought. "That would be very good if you could resolve it without a fight. As for being an ambassador, I am a military man, diplomacy is not my line of work." He readjusted one of shoulder guards to accommodate the heat. "I love Wei, but one of my colleagues would probably be more suited to this sort of thing. However, if you have issue with our official diplomats feel free to write me and I'll see what I can do." He remembered Dingtao, and didn't have much liking for diplomatic missions anymore.

He smiled lightly as Cheng said he would be able to give Xiang Yu support... probably, Su added in his mind. "It is good that you can be so negotiable at times." He paused as he looked Cheng Dang over again, reflecting. "Is there anything you would like me to do on your behalf in Chu at an unofficial, or even official capacity?"
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Cheng continued to sip away at his tea.

I am not sure if Xiang Yu is even aware of what is happening Wei. He is a powerful man, but there is considerable distance between Wei and Chu. I think its best to continue that policy for now. I mean afterall with Liu Bang, in the west, and the Qi rising to power along with other lords nearby. I figure Wei is low on the list of priorities. If you hear a differently a heads up would be nice.

Finishing his tea a thought occured to him. There was one thing Ma Su could do.

If you happen to run into Zhang Han, tell him Cheng Dang sends his regards.

He laughed on the inside wondering if Zhang Han would even remember his subordinate officer.
Avenara
Sergeant

Post by Avenara »

"Hm, well, should we receive no aid from those around us, that is fine. When one has a dream, the only proper thing to do is fight your hardest no matter if it means death or life. Honored Lord Kai has a dream, and his dream has become my dream. Be it just the two of us, or all of the Middle Kingdom, the only way for someone to crush that dream will be to crush our bodies to dust first." She sits up, watching the ground more out of politeness than anything else. However there is a smile on her face. "I can only hope that you will make allies as well, for I doubt Huang Fu will be satisfied with Di and Wei is directly to the east of Di. Perhaps making alliances with him will be possible, perhaps not. It is something to think about. As for the two of us, who knows? Perhaps you will find us tougher than you first thought. Fighting for your dream does tend to make you ever so much stronger." Politely she bows with her two hands pressed together.
Jia Fei (25) 105*-73-38-61-25 Aid II, Charge II, Instructor II, Rupture II
Known as The Red Butterfly and The Symmetrical Goddess.
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Cheng Dang nodded, he had felt he had disappointed this poor girl. Though he sensed she was tougher than she looked.

I make no promises Lady Fei, but I'll keep an eye on your beloved Shangtown. Don't you ever let go of that spirit, I know you will indeed make make your dreams come true.

Cheng Dang poured himself another glass this time some water