Yong Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Mogwai
General

Re: Yong Provincial Roleplay

Post by Mogwai »

Sun Cai shook his head in agreement. "I have heard of his reputation, indeed. His grip on Chencang has not loosened in years.." Cai started to wonder if he really deserved the seat of governor rather than Liang. There had to be something... in this day and age, nobody was completely clean, especially someone with power. He also wondered if he would ever get the chance to meet with the governor, but, patience was a virtue. "Well, I hope I will make a good impression on Governor Liang, considering how much respect and power he seems to have over the people here."
Shizai
Officer

Post by Shizai »

Shen Liao had spent the past few days in Chencang searching for and eventually meeting with Sun Cai. Having done so, he felt it was about time to do some investigation into the state of the administration here, as he had made his decision that this was where he would stay; Sun Cai seemed like a very solid leader with many supporters already under his wing. Something about staying here, in Yong Province, just felt right.

Cai was currently visiting the city's governor; Liao, on the other hand, would converse with the populace to gather their opinions of him. And what better place to do that than the local city tavern? Having discovered it, he made his way there and walked in. From what he could gather it was a typical peasant's tavern setting, something he wasn't all too unfamiliar with.

Finding a spot at the bar with a couple of empty seats, he sat down and signaled to the bartender for a drink. Sure, he was on business, but there was no point in making it obvious. Besides, maybe the drink would loosen him up a bit and make the people more comfortable with his questioning.

As the bartender came back around with his drink, Liao nodded to the man and spoke up at last. "Thank you, good sir. I imagine you've seen and heard a lot of things about what goes on here in Chencang. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions about our governor, Liang Huo? He seems to garner a lot of positive attention from the nobles here, but I want to know what the people think of him."
Shen Liao (24, M) 56-18-79-41-104*
Diplomat III, Politician II, Public Planner II, Rally II

Official King Sexy of Warlords - 6 months running
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Shizai

The man looked suspicious, looking around.

"Euh, well the governor does a fine job for us folk, helps us prosper he does."

His tone of voice sounded a bit loud considering they were so close. The man shifted his weight, as if requesting to leave and being very uncomfortable.
Zeren
Major

Post by Zeren »

Hua Fang entered the tavern, his weapons attached to his back. He scanned the room quickly, before finding his would-be companion sat at the bar. He did not look any further before he went over to sit down, next to him, removing his weapons so as to enable him to sit properly, and standing them on the floor, wrapped in a large sheet and held in one hand.

"Hope you don't mind", he said to the barman, nodding his head in the direction of his weapons.

"Sorry I'm late", he added to Shen Liao.

He was much more comfortable in this setting than his companion was. Although born of Chinese nobility, he had spent the majority of his life on the frontier, fending for himself; his parents had both died when he was young. He had spent a great deal of time in taverns, and a great deal of time drinking other men under the table.
Hua Fang (26) 53-88*-20-74-57
Qiangshu III, Jianshu II, Challenge II, Intimidate II
Shizai
Officer

Post by Shizai »

Phailak wrote:Shizai

The man looked suspicious, looking around.

"Euh, well the governor does a fine job for us folk, helps us prosper he does."

His tone of voice sounded a bit loud considering they were so close. The man shifted his weight, as if requesting to leave and being very uncomfortable.

Liao smiled faintly; he had a feeling he struck a nerve. This was probably the golden opportunity he needed to discover the governor's vice. As the bartender shifted to move away, he leaned forward to speak to the man more quietly. As he did so, he nodded to Fang in acknowledgment of his arrival.

"You have no reason to fear us, my friend. My companion and I are interested in the needs of the people; we are not affiliated with the governor in any way. All we want to know is how the people feel about him and if there's anything we can do to help. We are but travelers hoping to learn more about the land we live in." Liao motioned over toward the back of the tavern stealthily, hoping the bartender would get the message. "Perhaps we could carry on this conversation somewhere less crowded, if that would make you more comfortable."

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The man seemed relieved for a moment when the other person arrived, though that was until he saw the weapons. His eyes shifted from left to right and he seemed inclined to run away, but the calm demeanor of the two men and his paranoia settle him down to listen.

He squirmed at the offer, but shouted over his shoulder for some young man to tend to the drinks. He left for a back room, looking back to make sure he was followed.
Shizai
Officer

Post by Shizai »

Liao nodded his thanks to the bartender, making sure to be discreet in following him to the back and watching for Fang to be close behind him. As he followed the bartender into the room and closed the door behind them, Liao bowed his head gently to the man and spoke softly.

"Thank you very much, sir, for being willing to speak with us. As I said before, my companion and I are just travelers who are interested in the affairs of the many cities of our fine home land. We had hoped to learn more about Liang Huo's administration of Chencang, as we are strong proponents of fairness to the people. To date I had heard only positive things about the governor, but if you don't mind my intrusion you seem somewhat troubled at the mention of him... Might I inquire to your concern?"

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

The man winced.

"It is as you say, we people hear only good things as well, yet the common people to not fare any better than they did since he came to power. Even us business owners can't make progress, taxes here, a seizure there, refusal of some good projects for the people somehow being turned down."

Waving with his hands as if to dismiss his own thoughts, the man wiped his hands on his apron.

"Tis only impressions I have and share with some of my betters. You hear much in my line of work. There isn't much proof to it, yet perhaps the lack of proof in itself is foreboding? All this money is taken from us, yet our military remains weak, we do not expand in size, no improvements made..."

The aging man was cut off by the high pitch concerned voice of his assistant.

"I am sorry brave sirs, it is all I can provide. However, should you really be interested in learning about the governor, there is perhaps one that I know that might lend a friendly ear."

OOC: Man leaves, if you look like you are interested, he gives you directions to a man's house who's name is Bian Shu.
Zeren
Major

Post by Zeren »

Hua Fang followed Shen Liao into the back of the bar without question, carrying his wrapped weapons with him. He didn't seem to be too surprised by the barman's words, and glanced at his companion knowingly after hearing the directions towards this new person's house.
Hua Fang (26) 53-88*-20-74-57
Qiangshu III, Jianshu II, Challenge II, Intimidate II
Shizai
Officer

Post by Shizai »

Liao bowed his head once more to the bartender, clearly grateful for the information he provided. "Thank you for your support, sir. I will seek out this Bian Shu right away. I will not keep you from your duties any further. Come, Master Fang." With that, he nodded to the bartender once more in thanks and the two of them left the tavern.

Some time later, following the bartender's directions, he came to the residence of Bian Shu and approached the door. He knocked, looking to Hua Fang for a brief moment before speaking. "Master Bian Shu, my name is Shen Liao. I've come to you seeking information about Chencang's governor, Liang Huo. The local bartender said you may be able to provide me with the knowledge I seek."