Yong Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Shizai
Officer

Re: Yong Provincial Roleplay

Post by Shizai »

Liao nodded, holstering the pack over his shoulders and onto his back. "I see. Thank you again, good sir. I will see to the success of this delivery. I pray for your good health." With that, he smiled and bid farewell to the old man.

Though Liao was certainly tempted to unveil the contents of the pack, he would not be so foolish as to attempt to remove the item and unwrap it. A man of greater vice would give in for sure, but to him this felt like a task of dire importance that needed to be completed. It would give him something to think about on the long road to Feiqiu, which was more than he could say for the rest of his time traveling to Yong Province.

In due time, Liao would reach the city limits of Feiqiu, the westernmost city of Yong Province. Being unfamiliar with the area, he asked around for the location of the temple gardens and Lun Qian's home. After discovering their whereabouts, he wandered through the city, taking time to see what there was to see and become acquainted with his surroundings. Perhaps Sun Cai was around here somewhere...

Upon reaching Lun Qian's residence, he walked up to the door with the pack still strapped to his back and knocked. "Master Lun Qian. I come to you bearing a gift from your father, Lord Lun Tan."
Shen Liao (24, M) 56-18-79-41-104*
Diplomat III, Politician II, Public Planner II, Rally II

Official King Sexy of Warlords - 6 months running
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Lun Qian was a somewhat disreputable looking figure. He was tall and fit but something about his carriage and manner was, while not unserious, just a but provoking. It was not hard, looking at him, to believe that he was not the son he ought to have been. He looked quite surprised at his visitors words and, said quickly, "What? Are you sure about that? My father hasn't spoken to me since I left the family business." As he said this he laughed a little and then shaking his head said, "Well, what is it and how is he?"
Shizai
Officer

Post by Shizai »

Liao tried to ignore the fact that something about Lun Qian didn't seem quite right; clearly the old man he met on the way here wasn't kidding. Still, he knew what he had come here for and he was going to see it through. "From what I understand, not well I'm afraid. Your father is... on the verge of becoming one with the Heavens. He may already even be there as we speak."

The tone of his voice was serious but calm, not sure how Lun Tan's son would take the news. "I ran into one of your father's servants, a much older man, on my way here to Feiqiu. He himself was quite ill, traveling here to deliver this package to you from your father. My intuition told me that he might not have been able to make the journey in his present condition, so I offered to relieve him of his duty and hopefully spare his life a bit longer." He removed the straps of the pack from his shoulders and offered it to Qian. "I myself do not know the contents of the pack, as it is wrapped and I did not want to intrude on what may be personal business. The old man told me this was a family heirloom... Your father wanted you to have it as his last wish."

Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

It was starting to darken as Yun Ling rode along the western road. In winter the night came fast and yun Ling would need to get somewhere fast to protect against wild animals and bandits. Kicking her horse she sped up till finally she saw a light in the distance. Finally a village? Somewhere to rest her weary bones. However, as she closed in on the light she saw it was no village. Another caravan, on fire and under attack from a small group of men. Upon seeing this Yun Ling was suddenly over with a great rage. What right had these bandits to attack innocents, to attack this poor merchent, to have attacked her! Lifting her axe up she charged forward.

Her first pass, she swung the axe with all her might, rending one of the bandits in two. Jumping off her horse she ran against the remaining four. Blocking high she deflected two blows before swigning down, removing one more bandit from the fight. Stepping back she composed herself, took a breath and attacked with a rage and fury not often seen in the middle kingdom. the three bandits found themselves pushed hard, each one blocking deperatly from the axe weilding woman. Finally Yun Ling broke through their guard, slaying two more. the final bandit, seeing his comrades dead and gone turned face and ran as fast as he could. Finally, the bandits delt with, Yun Ling calmed, the rage gone from her.

From behind the burning caravan a man stepped out, walked up to Yun Ling and bowed before speaking. "Thank you! Thank you! My name is Hui Zang, a merchent running the trade rout from Xianyang to Chencang." Hui Zang said before continuing. "If I could be so bold, what is the name of my saviour?"

"I am... Yun Ling" She replied "I was attacked by bandits near Beidi myself..."

"Then I guess your missfortune was for my good... the heavens work in mysterious ways" Hui Zang continued "I have a small house in chencang if you wish to join me. I would be honoured to have you as my guest."

"Thank you... I would like that" Yun ling replied before joining the man. Together the pair traveled west, the road to Chencang seeming calm and uneventful.

OPEN RP FOR ANYONE WISHING TO MEET YUN LING IN CHENCANG
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Mogwai
General

Post by Mogwai »

A small group of five men quickly rode along the road between Yincheng and Chencang, attempting to reach their destination before the total darkness of nightfall. As a burning caravan glistened in the distance, the threat of bandits or feral beasts grew as each second of twilight went by. At the center of the group was a middle-aged man, named Sun Cai, who appeared much younger than he should. His beard was not full, wrinkles had not etched into his skin, and the cynicism of the age had not yet ruined his sense of ambition. He still believed in a greater peace and had hoped to bring justice to those who had wronged his ideals. Cai was a natural leader and had an innate ability to inspire a vigor in men around him. It was this talent he hoped would helped propel him to greatness, into a position where he can show the world his potential. He planned to visit the men of the great cities of Yong, the first being Chencang.

The horsemen approached a pair with caution, careful to avoid highwaymen or bandits. With four of his soldiers around him, Sun Cai spoke for the group atop a plain brown horse.

"Are you survivors from that caravan?" He paused, and circled the pair quickly before stopping in front of them. "It's awful risky and late to be traveling unaccompanied by protection."

When Sun Cai spoke, it was with certainty and confidence. He was not physical foreboding, but had a large, almost aura-like presence.
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

Yun Ling slowed down as she saw the group coming from the distance. Grasping her axe once more she readied herself to have to fight again, to protect herself and her new found friend. Once she was closer however she started to relax. the group didnt have weapons drawn or seem particularly agressive. When Sun Cai spoke Yun Ling kept an eye on him, feeling slightly uncomfortable as the man circled her and Hui Zang.

"I am Yun Ling, and this is Hui Zang" Yun Ling said "The caraven was Hui Zang's."

Hui Zang nodded to afirm this before Yun Ling continued speaking. "My own party was attacked furthar back in Di province. The roads these days have no safty travelers such as us it seems."
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Mogwai
General

Post by Mogwai »

Sun Cai nodded, completely in agreement with the woman. "It is true. We live in a period of time where one is not guaranteed safe or free. It sickens me." Bowing a bit from his horse, he introduced himself. "I am Sun Cai, the Magistrate of Yincheng. It is a town a bit down the road from Chencang." As he turned to look in the direction of Chencang, its walls looming in the distance, he smiled. "I hope to earn the right to lead the people of Chencang. And the people of Yong. Hell, all the people of China! We as a society deserve freedom and safety, something Xiang Yu's regime cannot protect." Turning back to the pair, he motioned to his soldiers. "You are more than welcome to ride with us, as I assume you two are making your way to Chencang. I am to visit the governor there tomorrow to discuss regional politics. It is most likely safer than traveling alone.."
Lu Ying
Lord

Post by Lu Ying »

As the magistrate of Yincheng made his awkward bow to the pair Yun Ling returned the guesture, also with some dificulty. Horsemanship was never one of Yun Lings strong points. However, once the magistrate mentioned travelling together to Chencang Yun Ling and Hui Zang bothing nodded at once, then smiled at the synchronized action.

"Thank you, we would be happy to travel in your company Magistrate." Yun Ling said with a smile

Once Sun Cai mentioned his ambitions Hui Zang nodded her head in agreement. "Xiang Yu is no worse then the bandits that we have suffered from. He pillages and loots and sends his troops out to take our gold, our food and our families. My own brother was taken by force to serve in Xiang yu's force"

Yun Ling nodded as her friend spoke. She didnt know if she should agree or disagree. She really could not remember.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Shizai wrote:Liao tried to ignore the fact that something about Lun Qian didn't seem quite right; clearly the old man he met on the way here wasn't kidding. Still, he knew what he had come here for and he was going to see it through. "From what I understand, not well I'm afraid. Your father is... on the verge of becoming one with the Heavens. He may already even be there as we speak."

The tone of his voice was serious but calm, not sure how Lun Tan's son would take the news. "I ran into one of your father's servants, a much older man, on my way here to Feiqiu. He himself was quite ill, traveling here to deliver this package to you from your father. My intuition told me that he might not have been able to make the journey in his present condition, so I offered to relieve him of his duty and hopefully spare his life a bit longer." He removed the straps of the pack from his shoulders and offered it to Qian. "I myself do not know the contents of the pack, as it is wrapped and I did not want to intrude on what may be personal business. The old man told me this was a family heirloom... Your father wanted you to have it as his last wish."
Lun Qian's face grew serious as the visitor spoke. Eventually he said, "My father has sent word that he is at death's door several times since I came to the city to become a ... merchent." He siad the last word with a wry laugh - it was clear that his father had not cared for merchants. "But, I know his servant and he would never have entrusted this to you without being ill indeed." He took the pack and gave it to a servant who carried it away. Clearly he already knew what was inside.

"I must leave immediately to see that he's cared for - the road is no place for that dear old man." Remembering his manners he said, "I'm sorry not to offer you the hospitality you deserve but I will offer you a sample of my wares." Turning he went to a small chest and got a silken bag from it. Returning to the entrance he presented this to Shen Liao.

Shen Liao has received a Silver Ring (Charisma +2)
Shizai
Officer

Post by Shizai »

Liao accepted Qian's gift with a smile, bowing his head graciously to the merchant. "Your gift is thanks enough, Master Qian. I have business to attend to in the town of Yincheng as it stands, so I have a journey of my own to finish undertaking. As a token of my gratitude I'll be sure to recommend your wares to any passing travelers I encounter along the way." Though Qiao may not have had a great love for his father, it was clear there was some sense of caring locked deep within the man's being. Perhaps he wasn't so bad after all. Even if it was something of a front, the aura of goodness about him was at least faintly present.

"I pray for your safe passage on your journey, Master Qian, and good fortune in your business pursuits. Perhaps one day we shall meet again, as I feel I'll become a resident of Yong Province in the very near future. I know of individuals in the area who may be willing to offer you payment and prestige for your work, should you desire it."