The Music Thread!

Moderator: Game Masters

Naurek
Sergeant

Post by Naurek »

I saw the Offspring back in 1994, and I thought they were sellouts then. I don't think they are now. They use the fact that they have a wide listenership to get their message out, which is more than I can say for bands like Good Charlotte.
Huangfu Yuan (46) 71-27-85-90-45 Civil Administrator II, Confuse I, Doctor I, Lure I, Military Administrator II, Public Planner I
Lord of Dicheng
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I do agree with the point about Americana, though. Their music turned terribly pop-ish for that album. While I think they've made strides back from it, that album was definitely more pop music than anything.

I own Ixnay on the Hombre, which I think is mostly good. Still listen to them a good amount.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
fallen_saint
Officer

Post by fallen_saint »

what in hades is americana? and why blame us? most of the time, bands last like 3 years here and then they sell big overseas...now if they were not sellouts before they entered the US, then they become huge once they are here, then they travel to the rest of the world who listen to the "americana music"...should not the blame fall on those ppl's shoulders who listen to American music :?

but anyways, I like system of the down, and i can't believe sleepingdragon forgot the Temptations, Supremes, Elvis, Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong, and Rage Against the Machine....
Name: Qian Xiahou
stats: 82-70-62-60-76
skills: Military Administrator, Gonshu, Civil Administrator, Politician, Qiangshu, Raid, Wall, Assemble, Instructor
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

Post by GoGo the Monkey »

Mmmm, Rage Against the Machine.

Oh, I listen to a variety of music. I don't exactly get into the whole 'stereo-type' ordeal. If the song is good, i'll listen to it. I know it doesnt mean i'm exactly a fan of the genre. But oh'well, the song was good. Hell, even if the song sucks, but has good lyrical content. I'll listen to it, because they atleast feel the same way I do.

On the Offspring topic, they were a good band. Well, I atleast liked their 90's stuff. I haven't got the chance to listen to anything new. Then again, it'd probably ruin part of the band for me if I did. Since i'm not exactly one who listens to "pop'. But as I said, if the 'pop' is good..i'll probably listen to it.
Xiasiwang
Sergeant

Post by Xiasiwang »

The only Offspring I really listened to was the Conspiracy of One album, and I enjoyed that a lot. In retrospect, I still think it was pretty good, but I've delved into a whole new spectrum of music since then.
Su Kai (27)
78-93-59-39-75
Dash II, Enrage III, Inspire II, Reactive Defense II
Gold: 100

Keeper of the Fireseal
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Yay Pink Floyd are reforming for Live 8! Its been announced on the BBC!
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

That definately came as a surprise to me. I listened to a couple of their songs, but I'm not really into that style of music. Now, if A-ha or Flock of Seagulls reformed and toured... then it'd be a different story. :wink:

Here's a question for you. Do you think that since Michael Jackson has been aquitted, he should go back on tour?
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Judging on 237 million dollars worth of debt and the support of his fans, i think he has a desperate need to. Possibly a world tour though.

Mind you that back problem might not help him!
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Mogwai
General

Post by Mogwai »

Kyung Dae-Seung wrote:That definately came as a surprise to me. I listened to a couple of their songs, but I'm not really into that style of music. Now, if A-ha or Flock of Seagulls reformed and toured... then it'd be a different story. :wink:

Here's a question for you. Do you think that since Michael Jackson has been aquitted, he should go back on tour?
::grabs Kyung and pulls him out of the bad part of the 80's::

Pink Floyd is amazing, and I'm sure I'll buy the DVD of the reunion if they release one. Anyhoo I've been into Cursive's Domestica and The Ugly Organ a lot lately. They're pretty much an indie band, and anyone who listens to the Good Life, it's the same lead singer. Tim Kasher is an excellent song writer, and they blend it all together, and there's even a celloist in the band. :wink:
Ishy Julu
Sergeant

Post by Ishy Julu »

I would totally go see A-Ha. But I'd want Reel Big Fish there too to do the amazing 'Take on Me' cover they have. I'd put down the amazingly long list of stuff I listen to, but since that'd take forever, I'll make it pretty simple: What I listened to lately: Tsunami Bomb, The Black Mages( Goooo autographed CD~ <3), Henry Rollins (Spoken word CD), ICP (Yes. Shut up. Even smart people can listen to them and not be struck down by God), Collective Soul, Reel Big Fish, REM, Mini Moni, and Do as Infinity.
Lü Tang, 33.