Bai Zhan's Audience Hall

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

gravenimages
General
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17

Post by gravenimages »

Bai Zhan leans back on the chair. "I am a man of ambition, and I seek those of a like mind. Many will speak of wanting only peace, and thinking only of the welfare of their people, and yet belie those words by sending those same people to make war and die. I believe that peace is an eventuality, once these wars have passed, but for now the harsh reality of the Middle Kingdom is fight, or be overtaken. I do not... Relish some of things that I have done, or must yet do, but they must be done in order to stand strong against the other powers of the land."

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 69#p177169
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

Gong was surprised by this turn of attitude, the talking down of those seeking peace and the elovation of the bloodshed that is occuring. Smirking towards Ouhuan the politician's attitude was beginning to change about this man, all was needed was to gain access to his inner circles and be able to work from within the shadows. Stepping forward with his eyes locked onto the liege slumped into a chair, Gong began to chuckle as he plotted the political future of Ouhuan's blossoming Kingdom. "Lord Ouhuan, I need not hide my dislike for the South, however.. I shall be honest with you." A rare thing for a politician from the North, presenting Ouhuan with the opening that he had gained the loyalty from this underhand Gong. "Now is the day you gain an experienced politician, thus completing your council; do not believe that as a man of politics that I am weak minded.. I have no time for those who fail or become mere obstacles in what I wish to accomplish."

Smiling down at his future liege, the northern politician was surprised in himself that he was declaring 'loyalty' to a man who gained power within the south..the region of barbarians. "Dreams of future harmony is futile, for there shall always be the obstacle of chaos and, you must see, that my intentions within the politician realm are not to bring this so called dream of many. Propelling myself through this court is my main endeavor and any who stand to jeprodise this shall feel the consequences; this does not mean mistrust is present for you Lord Ouhuan. I am sure you would understand that to elovate oneself the job at hand must be done with striking precision." For the first time in his entire life Gong stood before Ouhuan and lowered himself to the floor, a low respectful bow to the southern Warlord would surely make the politician's ancestors gasp in shame..though, within they would understand the route he has chosen. "No longer you have to worry about diplomatic affairs for I am here to serve you, any problems I foresee shall undoubtidly be eradicated." Gong's eyes were burning with the desire to achieve, within his mind creating himself as the head of Ouhuan Bai Zhan's diplomatic council..
Gong Fugui (龚富贵) zi Laoshan (老山), male (60)
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Skills: Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Engineer III, Politician I, Propagandist I, Saboteur I
gravenimages
General
Location: Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth. John. 17:17

Post by gravenimages »

The young man nods gravely, accepting the man's loyalty and service as one would a rare gift. "This is truly a fortuitious day for our people. I shall have the necessary documents drafted to confer upon you the position of Chief Minister, to be Prime Minister when I elevate my own position to King of these southern lands. This would be the position and responsiblity that you would choose, if I am not mistaken?"

Post in OI to get access to PH. Due to the current state of the economy, no door prize. :(

V1: Absentee
V2: Da Re, child Duke of Yin
V3: Ouhuan Bai Zhan
V4: Xiang Hin (the PC formerly known as Hin Wu) http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 69#p177169
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

It was clear that the politician had underestimated Bai Zhan, already he could sense what Gong desired from the liege; both political power and influence, the only ambition he had. Smiling as he rose from the ground, Gong continued to listen to both of those titles, that he continuously repeated in his head, 'Chief Minister' and 'Prime Minister'..to be elovated so quickly? This was a sign that Ouhuan was surely in a state of struggle politically. Focusing on the man in the seat a devious smile was now visible, happy with todays results while not even pondering on the location he was not situated. "My lord, your words make my heart burn, indeed you already can sense my want; therefore, I shall serve you like the Heavens, not allowing any diplomatic obstacles to come your way." Chuckling a little, he enjoyed the partnering of the two and possible friendship that could be created today..a man that spoke words Gong wanted to hear.. "I shall not waste anymore time, if you have no other matter to converse Lord Ouhuan. Of course, please address me as Laoshan; one must show a tight bond to present the strong political bond." A simple move to gain closer circles with Ouhuan, becoming the friend so every word spoken by Gong would be acted upon, instead of ignored...
Gong Fugui (龚富贵) zi Laoshan (老山), male (60)
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Skills: Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Engineer III, Politician I, Propagandist I, Saboteur I
Chris
New Recruit

Post by Chris »

A man shrouded in the turbaned cowl of a Turk approached the steps of Bai Zhan's audience hall. Upon closer inspection, however, one would recognize the eyes' Chinese features. He produced a letter to the sentries.

"My name is Jiu Fen. I come by invitation."
gavnor
Ensign

Post by gavnor »

Bahn Tu, out for his regular stroll, spotted the man as he approached the gate, his attention drawn by the man's attire. Seeing the note that the traveller displayed Bahn recalled an invitation being sent recently. He immediately rushed to the gate, waiving the guards out of the way as he approached.

"Jiu Fen, I presume?"

Catching a nod from one of the guards he continues.

"I am Bahn Tu, please, do come with me. How did your journey fair?"

Bahn Tu turned back to the audience hall, looking back and motioning for Jiu to follow.
V4 Vahn Trung Huu (28) | 82-67*-47-69-54*
| Aid II, Sortie II, Wall II, Envelop II | Items: Goosefeather Helm (+1 Might, +2 Charisma)
V3 Vahn Trung Huu (25) | 98*-83*-30-83-44 | Discipline II, Aid II, Sortie III, Wall II
Chris
New Recruit

Post by Chris »

gavnor wrote:Bahn Tu, out for his regular stroll, spotted the man as he approached the gate, his attention drawn by the man's attire. Seeing the note that the traveller displayed Bahn recalled an invitation being sent recently. He immediately rushed to the gate, waiving the guards out of the way as he approached.

"Jiu Fen, I presume?"

Catching a nod from one of the guards he continues.

"I am Bahn Tu, please, do come with me. How did your journey fair?"

Bahn Tu turned back to the audience hall, looking back and motioning for Jiu to follow.
Jiu Fen pulled the cowl from his head, revealing an aging man of Chinese descent. He stood about 7 1/2 spans tall and had a stout jaw. He ran a hand through his white-peppered hair and nodded to the man before him.

"Thank you. The journey was uneventful."

Fen continued as he followed Bahn Tu into the hall, "I am fortunate to receive the hospitality of the Duke. Will he be here to speak with me?"
Jiu Fen (49) 98*-73*-20-72-47 Military Administration II, Aid, Volley II, Gongshu, Charge II
gavnor
Ensign

Post by gavnor »

Chris wrote:
Jiu Fen pulled the cowl from his head, revealing an aging man of Chinese descent. He stood about 7 1/2 spans tall and had a stout jaw. He ran a hand through his white-peppered hair and nodded to the man before him.

"Thank you. The journey was uneventful."

Fen continued as he followed Bahn Tu into the hall, "I am fortunate to receive the hospitality of the Duke. Will he be here to speak with me?"
Bahn Tu showed Jui Fen to his seat and ordered refreshments brought in before taking his own place.

"Regrettably, he will not. There were some urgent matters which required his presence elsewhere but I do thank you for comming and I truly hope you will accept me, his civil advisor, as your host in his stead. I assume you're here because of the letter you received."

Bahn Tu paused briefly recalling Ouhan's words as Tu scribed the letter.

"As I recall, your merits are of a military nature. It just so happens we have a place for one such individual. I also assume you hold similar moral values and ambitions as described in the letter or you would not have visited. Having said this, is any of it incorrect? Do you have any questions for me regarding the offer or our intentions?"

Bahn Tu adjusted himself in his seat slightly and looked at the man, poised in anticipation of his response.
| Aid II, Sortie II, Wall II, Envelop II | Items: Goosefeather Helm (+1 Might, +2 Charisma)
V3 Vahn Trung Huu (25) | 98*-83*-30-83-44 | Discipline II, Aid II, Sortie III, Wall II
Chris
New Recruit

Post by Chris »

Jiu Fen seemed surprised that the Bai Zhan was unavailable. He studied his surroundings before he continued. "I am not adverse to serving amongst barbarians. I myself am recently returned from exile in the lands of the Xiongnu border, thanks to the sudden political change in the empire. Old as I am, I can still fight, yet I no longer recognize the political climate. Tell me, how does the Duke's forces compare to his rivals?"
Jiu Fen (49) 98*-73*-20-72-47 Military Administration II, Aid, Volley II, Gongshu, Charge II
gavnor
Ensign

Post by gavnor »

Bahn Tu smiled politely. As a well rounded individual, Bahn Tu was as fit for combat as he was for administration, possibly even more so, but Ouhuan required him inside the solid borders of the barbarian territories. Disappointed as he was, he was more honored that he had been chosen as the civil advisor for matters regarding the southern tribesmen.

"You do understand I cannot disclose troop count, armaments, or placements with you? Such a request would certainly raise questions, questions which if answered incorrectly, could result in severe repercussions. Having said that, we have recently acquired Yong and the business for which my leader, Bai Zhan, was unable to attend is the negotiation of another territory fully aware of our troop count, armaments, and placement. For now, that information must suffice."

Bahn Tu became silent for a moment as his eyes stared blankly in the distance as he slowly and briefly scratched at an itch on the back of his neck.

"You did say one thing that concerned me. You stated that you no longer recognized the political climate. To be more clear you no longer participate, or you no longer recognize the authority of your superior officers or your ruler during such political discussions? Before you answer, you must understand that there are not many of our enemies that would deal politically with barbarians, but there would be severe penalties imposed on those who ignored attempts at a political means. We are called barbarians by the middle kingdom standards but as we lack so-called 'refinement' the middle kingdom houses butchers, betrayors, and men of no honor, stomach, or valor. Where we come from, those men are barbarian."