Xiang Jun's Audience Hall - Shou Chun

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

"Xiang Jun has a better eye for talent than myself," Na admitted. "But in this instance, I believe the King will be pleased if I formally welcome you into our force, despite the brevity of this interview. You strike me as someone we can depend on especially on the field of battle, Master Liao. I shall vouch for your competence and you will hopefully deliver when the King calls you to lead his armies against the enemies."

Na beckoned one of the servants to approach and not long after, he went out of the room only to return with a magnificent armor at hand. Qianzhen ordered the servant to hand the armor over to Liao Zhi.

"A gift from the King," Na said. "Your seal of office shall be delivered to your quarters, Master Liao. Welcome to Jiujiang."

+4 Might Armor offered to Liao Zhi at sign up!
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Liu Drew
Officer

Post Subject

Post by Liu Drew »

Liao Zhi's eyes widened in shock. He had expected to be put in the employ of a local merchant or placed in a local militia, but being placed in the service of a king? That was most unexpected. He stood there speechless for a few moments remaining so as the servant stood before him with an unanticipated gift. Finally collecting himself Zhi bowed humbly

"I don't know if I'm worthy of such a gift but if you believe it to be so I will not turn down your charity." he took the armor with both hands holding it high above his head as he kowtowed to the minister "You have my gratitude Minister. I will do my best to meet your expectations"

Rising to his feet Zhi continued to bow his head as he backed his way to the door "Thank you for this oppurtunity, I look forward to doing whatever I can for your..." he paused "our King". A slight smile crept upon his face as he left to find his new quarters

Liao Zhi has joined and accepted the +4 Might armor
Liao Zhi, 28
89-95*-32-66-20
Charge III, Dash I, Instructor II, Military Administrator I, Qiangshu I, Wall III
Gold:100
mariovolpi05
New Recruit

Post by mariovolpi05 »

Ni Hao Ma, the General of the Prefect Lu Bue who's under the service of Xiang Jun, arrived at the Jiujiang Capital. Garbed in a dark armor and a dark helm, Ma approached the guards of the city and informed them of his intentions.

"I'm here to answer the call of my Master, the shrewd Lu Bue. I was a General in his employ. As the Prefect dutifully serves the King, I am duty bound to do the same. Please tell them that I have arrived as well as about 228 loyal soldiers I've recruited on my way here."
Ni Hao Ma
87-80-40-82-16
87-91*-40-82-16
Instructor II, Military Administrator II, Raid II, Smith I, Sortie II, Trainer I
+7 Might Armor, +4 Might Helm
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

A single rider made his way into the city of Shou Chun...his mount weary from the long rider. He bore a bow on his back and his armor was the same non-descrpit kind found with any militia man. He jumped off the horse and made his way to the guards on duty and bowed his head low.

Jin Taishi: grettings my friends, I am Jin Taishi of Huainan. I seek and Audience with teh king should he be available.
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Freefall wrote:A single rider made his way into the city of Shou Chun...his mount weary from the long rider. He bore a bow on his back and his armor was the same non-descrpit kind found with any militia man. He jumped off the horse and made his way to the guards on duty and bowed his head low.

Jin Taishi: grettings my friends, I am Jin Taishi of Huainan. I seek and Audience with teh king should he be available.
The guards confiscate the weapons from the man and assuming no protest was raised, the rider is led by six men into the study of the King. Ziu Yenza, Xu Huang and the Prime Minister Hua were with the Sovereign, who was visibly preoccupied with the proposal brought to his attention by his highest ranking officers.

"Well, an envoy from Huainan? What is it this time?" Jun said, as he gestured that the rider be brought forth. Inclining his head towards the rider, the King added, "Huainan sends me a rider to declare the intentions of her Marquis? How flattering."
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

The messenger bowed before the king...

Jin: King Xiang, it has been a month since I last visited your halls. When we last spoke you had requested a response from my Marqius in regards to open support against the Duke of Yue. In exchange for this support you would work in stopping the effort of Duke Xiang of Liang from his aggressive probes into our province.

He paused a moment if only to ensure his posture was proper. He continued in a respectful tone, calm and collected.

Jin: Your Highness, my master has spent his lifetime at sea. During this life he has come to value the importance of a man's word, a man's honor. Because of this, he cannot support your efforts in an open war against a ruler that has aided the people of Huainan, unless you have some reason to support that he in fact means our province harm. There has been a rocky realtionship between your force and the force of your former enemy Yi Lian, but Marqius Jiang is not that ruler. He has proved this by turning over the holdings here with no strings attached. We have tried walked away when we could have fought, we have sent diplomats instead of assasins, and we have tried to sue for peace not war....We have done all we can to prove that we do not want bloodshed and we stand by our actions.

He bowed his head once more...

Jin: There is much respect for a man of you age to reach so high so quickly. It shows determination and skill, and though we admire such traits, we cannot allow ourselves to be drawn into a war for no reason, save to trade one ally for another. That would be violate my Lord's belifes and those of our province.

With that the envoy bowed down to his knees and touched his head to floor, awaiting the response and actions of the King Xiang....
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

A small cart was wheeled awkwardly towards the gates of Shouchun, and a young man lead the cargo, a single casket devoid of ornamentation. As they rounded on the guards at the castle gate, he unhooked his horse from the cart and then approached the guards. "Greetings, men of Xiang Jun. As per your lord's request, I bring the body of Daisuke Aramaki, Marquis of Changsha. It is my master's hope that the arrangement that was previously laid fort will now be honored, and that he can expect word of your approval in the near future. If you require further proof, the man's head may be on display in the city of Chen, property of the King of Chu. Good day."

The man then climbed upon his horse and trotted away, glad to be done with his business, and eager for the chance at a vacation from his mercenary work.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

From Linjiang, a general rode towards Jiujiang to the cities held by a vassal to Chen She, Xiang Jun. Tired and distraught from the news of the defeat and destruction of the Qin in Sai and Hann, the general rode eastwards, away. He traveled partly in search for revenge for the defeat inflicted upon his mentor and that of the kingdom that he supported. He traveled to get away from the villainous barbarians that had occupied the land that he had called home for the past few months. He traveled to seek revenge for another defeated master, Taishi Guang, who met his doom at the hands of the combined forces of the now deceased Yi Lian and the still very much alive Lin Xin. For whatever reason, he passed into the province of Jiujiang and into the domains of Chu, trailed by a group of soldiers that didn't even number 1000.

Before the walls of Shouchun, the general dismounted and spoke. "Liao Mingyuan, Liao Ziang, former Garrison Commander of Qianzhong and former Marshal of Changsha requests an audience with Lord Xiang."
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Liao Mingyuan was shot a cold stare by the guards who were stationed at the gates of Jiujiang. The lukewarm reception should be understable given the strain caused thus far by the massive but expected invasion of the the consorts of the witch Yi Lian. That the guest was a former high ranking officer of the Qin vassal state in Changsha made the visit even more suspicious.

"Your men may camp outside the city," the captain said. "You, Liao Mingyuan, will come with me. Surrender your weapons and I'll personally take you to the King."

The guard captain gestured towards a weapons rack. "What say you?" he said.
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

While the career soldier was none too pleased by the curt and rude nature of the guards at the gate, he quickly did as he was asked. His soldiers prepared to camp outside of the city walls, while he surrendered his weapons.