Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Lu Kuang

Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Post by Lu Kuang »

Surrounded by its modest walls, one might be surprised on entering the city of Dingtao through its gates to find a bustling city, full of life and activity. Immediately, someone new to the city might see the colorful marketplace, with its merchants and shopkeepers attempting to woo the many travelers with exotic and expensive wares. Intermixed with the shops stood large taverns, with their customers' loud conversations adding to the noise and the liveliness of the area.

But past all of this, one can expect to see the core of the city. Mothers attending to their small gardens in front of their homes, sweeping away the dust that yesterday's labor brought in. Don't be too alarmed if one hears a child's shriek, or if a little one crashes into you unaware of your presence, as they are mostly goodhearted yet oblivious, always at their games and such.

In the center of the city stood the large audience hall of Xiang Kai. It was not overly opulent, nor was it too plain. If asked, most would comment that "it looks like a nice building." Outside of it stood a group of lightly armed guards, who stood watch partly as a security detail, and partly to help anyone who looked like they needed help. Of course, if one wanted to gain entrance to the audience hall, perhaps to see the prefect of the city, one would have to go through them, adhering to whatever guidelines they set forth.
Inflammable
New Recruit

Post by Inflammable »

Drawn by a carriage, a tall mustached man stride through the area easily seemingly sight-seeing Dingtao from his carriage. Starting from the busy market place with many of it's merchant shouting for him to buy their things, to a group of curious child following him in the back and laughing merrily. He simply smiles at the child and going straightly deeper towards the heart of the city where he sees the residential area of Dingtao, he raised his hand slightly making the driver to stop, the man peek out of the carriage to see the sight around this residential area after a 'humph' he whispers his driver to move on towards the audience hall, not long after that with the sounds of a nieghing horse the carriage has stopped right in front of the audience hall building.

Driver: "My master, Bei Bao Ying seek an audience with the ruler of this city, Xiang Kai."

The driver said to the guard with the hint of dignity on his tone, after he dismount from the brown horse that draws the carriage, the man inside the carriage who goes by the name of Bei Bao Ying simply nods and fan himself easily waiting for the reactions of the guard of the building and speed up the momentum of his fan with a hint of impatientness and eagerness.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

The guards were about to begin the procedure for allowing someone to see the prefect, when all of a sudden Xiang Kai himself walked out the building. "Sir! A man by the name of Bei Bao Ying is here to see you."

Kai stopped in his placed, "OK, let's do this quick. I have some business to attend to. What do you seek Bei Bao Ying?" he asked out loud to no one in particular, not sure which man he was asking.
Kentalot
Sergeant

Post by Kentalot »

((Continued from Liang RP thread))

Xiang Shang Sun finally awakes and decides to find her cousin again. Making her way to the audience hall, she asks random soldier A to announce her arrival and her request to see Xiang Kai.
Xiang Shang Sun 香尚孫 (20) 52-54-91*-44-85 Diplomat II, Policitian III, Public Planner III, Engineer II, Scribe I
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

A guard somehow recognizes Kai's cousin, and leads him/her in. "Please, come in! He will be glad to see you."

If Shang Sun cooperates, he/she is led to his office, where the guard calls out, "Lord Kai! Your cousin is here!"

"Come in!" he yelled back. The guard opened the door for Shang Sun.
Kentalot
Sergeant

Post by Kentalot »

Naxr wrote:A guard somehow recognizes Kai's cousin, and leads him/her in. "Please, come in! He will be glad to see you."

If Shang Sun cooperates, he/she is led to his office, where the guard calls out, "Lord Kai! Your cousin is here!"

"Come in!" he yelled back. The guard opened the door for Shang Sun.
Shang Sun entered and plainly stated to his cousin, "I would like to help you in your endeavors. I've traveled the country too long and would like to settle down a bit. Would you have me?" Shang Sun gave a cute wink and awaited a reply.
Xiang Shang Sun 香尚孫 (20) 52-54-91*-44-85 Diplomat II, Policitian III, Public Planner III, Engineer II, Scribe I
Inflammable
New Recruit

Post by Inflammable »

Naxr wrote:The guards were about to begin the procedure for allowing someone to see the prefect, when all of a sudden Xiang Kai himself walked out the building. "Sir! A man by the name of Bei Bao Ying is here to see you."

Kai stopped in his placed, "OK, let's do this quick. I have some business to attend to. What do you seek Bei Bao Ying?" he asked out loud to no one in particular, not sure which man he was asking.
Taking his time to adjust his long-sleeved purple robe, he hops out from the carriage, "Quick...?" he said shortly with a flat tone as he inclines his head respectfully towards Xiang Kai's directions. He slowly rose up his head "Then, have you the time with an old man that eager to help you and perhaps a little bit of time drinking tea just the two of us, Prefect Xiang Kai?"

After that he rolled up his long-sleeve around his arms, both of them, as he approach Xiang Kai, putting his hands together and bow slowly to the prefect of the city.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kentalot

Kai was somewhat startled by Shang Sun's bluntness, "Well, of course! I'd really appreciate the help as well. And having more family around is a bonus too. You should know that your new quarters have been made here in Dingtao now. If you feel it is inadequate than you can request a new one. But I personally instructed my men to pay special attention to yours, given your... needs."

Inflammable

He thought for a moment, "I suppose I could make time. Here, come in!"

If he follows, he is led into the audience hall, into a small lounge, with comfortable seating surrounding a low table in the middle. "Have some tea brought," Kai requested to the guards. One of the men attending immediately went off to do as ordered.

Kai took a seat, then motioned for his visitor to take a seat opposite him, "Here, take a seat. So, what brings you here this fine day?"
tomhoangle
Officer

Post by tomhoangle »

During the night when the street was deserted and the moon is rising, a man was seen walking through the street. He wore a black coat that cover all of his body, a hat donned with net that cover most of the face lied on his head. With his hand, he held a walking stick. He seemed to have difficult in walking and he moved slowly through the street and toward the audience hall. The man passed a recruitment letter District Manager Xiang Ka to the guard.
Bailong (21) Male 94*-43-76-76-26*
Aid III, Cover II, Decoy II, Volley III, Discipline II
"We're stuck in traffic in a war!!!!!!" BIA: HH
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

The guard looked at it for a moment, "Hmmm... Yes, this seems to be from him. Come on in!"

If he follows, he is led through the audience hall into a modest sized office. Xiang Kai can be seen sitting behind his desk, looking over something or another. The guard announces, "Lord Kai, this man is here to see you," he looked back at the letter, "Bai Long is his name."

Kai motioned to the visitor to take a seat before the desk, "Ahhh, Bai Long, I have been hoping you would come. What brings you here today?"