PC death

Moderator: Game Masters

Would you mind having your character killed if it was the logical IC thing that should happen?

Yes, I would not like losing my character.
28%
No, I would not mind losing my character so.
72%

Total votes: 69

antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

It would suck greatly if I lost Chen Yun, but so long as it was from battle, a duel, or self-sacrifice, then I played how I imagined him. I don't see too many plots that would make sense right now being used on him, but perhaps one day...
Magistrate of Qufu, Zetie Pi, Com: 46, Mgt: 19, Int: 84, Jud: 97*, Cha: 52, Civil Adimistrator III, Doctor I, Engineer II, Jeer I, Politician I, Public Planner II
TGC
Lieutenant

Post by TGC »

Oh, I forgot to state where I stood. I wouldn't mind being killed as long as it's logical. If I was sparred out of OOC sympathy, it'd only be easy mode... and I don't like the easy mode. ^.^
XM sent me; he said "Stop asking me if I have a blog or podcast. I have no idea who you are."
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

its always gut wrenching to lose a good PC, but these things happen. Just gotta pick yourself back up and move on
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Yeah I'd mind it...=(

But if it has to happen, then what are you gonna do about it? She dies, she dies. =S

Stilll, I'll probably end up making the same PC with a different name anyways and maybe -2 or -3 in all her stats...Then again, I might get ridiculous rolls and have +5 in everything...>_>

I'm a very uncreative person...=(
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Luo Xiao
Lieutenant

Post by Luo Xiao »

It could actually be cool to lose my PC if it's in a grand, dramatic fashion. Sacrificing himself to hold off the enemy long enough for his force leader to get away? That's awesome.

Accidentally tripping near the river, smashing his head on the docks and falling unconscious to drown in the waters? Not so awesome.

Even if you get captured by an enemy force and they put you to death, you typically get a chance for last words. That also provides an interesting way to send off your character.

So, for the most part, I don't have a problem with it. Although after I've had a character for a long time it definitely sucks to lose them (both from a gameplay perspective and an emotional one). Yes, I actually care about my characters. ;)
Luo Xiao (26) 45-89-40-72-53
Charge II, Diplomat II, Jianshu III, Politician II
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

If the death is dramatic and memorable then I don't mind. If it's funny it's even better!
Georgie
Sergeant

Post by Georgie »

I mind insofar as I always mind when my plans are cut short.

But I generally get over the stages of grief very quickly, and don't object to it.
Lady Zhen Ya (27) 44-70-50-52-82 Civil Administrator I, Diplomat III, Gongshu II, Politician II, Saboteur II in Hann
Misfortune
Officer
Location: Debating if what I see before me is reality or an elaborate dream.

Post by Misfortune »

I meant to submit I wouldn't mind my character dying a logical death, but apparently I misread it and submitted the "yes I would mind" one. Eh. Like, Yen Ai, I'm all for IC themes, though I'm slightly more relaxed. Of course, for me character creation is something that I love to do so it isn't really damaging when one of my character's die. A more memorable death, the more fun I've had playing them. :)
"A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests." - Machiavelli
Zhào Yóng (炤顒), Réngāng (仁鋼) [233 BC] 76-20-85-84-60
Civil Administrator II, Confuse I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Politician I, Public Planner II, Military Administrator I
raine
New Recruit

Post by raine »

Character death is a fun and rare event that one should savor, when handled correctly.
Fei Xun
90 - 79 - 56 - 70 - 32
Aid II, Intimidate, Military Administrator, Scout II, Sortie II, Wall.
Aisha
Lieutenant

Post by Aisha »

I wouldn't mind if my character was offed, providing that there was all the IC motivation available and I had been given the opportunity to try and escape said fate (i.e. to plot/get away/negotiate) but, under certain circumstances, even that is not necessary.

I feel that there are ways in which characters can die which are very unfulfilling simply because of the nature of events and others which are more satisfying because it's a more of a "Yeah, they died for what they believed in/went down fighting" moment.

In other words: so long as it's dramatic. :D
Zhū PìngXiàn Zhì - Valiant Stallion
50-95-43-80-53
Civil Administrator, Propagandist II, Qiangshu, Saboteur II, Trainer II