Ying Fusu's Audience Hall - Nanzheng

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Adranis wrote:This was certainly different, as the location she had journeyed to was not familiar to her - the news of invasion of the previous month had made it to her, and she had to come - not to mention that the coming of winter itself had changed the aura around her. Upon her arrival to the smaller chambers, she adjusted her cloak, getting used to the warmth of the fire for the moments that she was to wait. Soon after, a messenger came for her, and after an acknowledging nod she quietly followed the attendant to wherever her uncle was situated.

When Qiao Lin entered the Supreme Commander's quarters, immediately she felt the disturbance, the unsettling aura. Meng Tian's greeting stayed the same, however lacking as much enthusiasm as she was used to, and while mustering a smile for him, she could tell as she pulled away from returning his weakened embrace and looked at his tired expression. "Things are not doing so well in Shangdang, I feel like I've been mistaken in a choice," she said, shaking her head. "But the question of well being should be asked of you and not me, dear Uncle," she added with a slight frown and look of concern. "I've gotten word of various things concerning you and your army...and Nanzheng..." She wasn't going to say anything too much, merely have him explain to her - there was enough rumor going around, and she would have nothing but the truth from her Uncle.
"The army under His Highness' command and that under Wang Li were virtually annihilated before these walls by the former Treasury official, Zhang Han . . ." stated Meng Tian angrily. He paused and closed his eyes. He took a seat and sighed, rubbing his forehead. "The King has been captured before the walls of Xianyang, along with several of our officers. We have managed to ransom a few of them back, but His Highness will die . . ." said the Supreme Commander bluntly.

"I have failed," he lamented, shaking his head with a combination of exhaustion and depression. "I was not there when the King led his army back to defend Xianyang. In the impetuosity of youth, His Highness rashly led his army to face off against Zhang Han and was brutally defeated. With his eventual death, the last best hope for the Qin will have passed . . . Who is there to succeed him? Prince Jianglu? He is pathetic . . . Prince Ziying? No one knows where he is . . . What can I do!?!" Tears welled in his eyes, as the Supreme Commander wept.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Arkain Hibiki wrote:Shing took another sip of his wine

Sima Shing "For now, all is peaceful in Linjiang. Though turmoil may boil at the very borders, it has yet to spill over. I had hoped that the chaos would not reach so far south so fast, but I have sadly been wishing in vain. I have recently received word from The Marquis of Chang Sha, concerning the troubles he is having. I am praying or better news from the east when I return home. As for the other request, I shall try my best to discover the truth.
Meng Yi listened and said, "Do you intend to provide aid to the Marquis? It was only recently that he received that rank from my King. I am sure my master had hoped that it would assist him against the mercenaries and bandits which apparently roam the south."
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Ying Angdun looks at the man and nods slowly before reaching into his sack and producing two tightly rolled scrolls from his bag before looking at the man.

"These here are a copy of the Ying family tree with my branch of the family on it which came from the records office from our family residence and the other is the record of my birth detailing my father and my fathers father, it is only a local document however, as I was born after my fathers withdrawel from courtlife the records of my birth were not made officially however if you compare my likeness to one of Qin Zhaoxiang Wang or even allow someone who is familiar with the royal family my resemblance alone should prove my relation."
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

AaronH229 wrote:Ying Angdun looks at the man and nods slowly before reaching into his sack and producing two tightly rolled scrolls from his bag before looking at the man.

"These here are a copy of the Ying family tree with my branch of the family on it which came from the records office from our family residence and the other is the record of my birth detailing my father and my fathers father, it is only a local document however, as I was born after my fathers withdrawel from courtlife the records of my birth were not made officially however if you compare my likeness to one of Qin Zhaoxiang Wang or even allow someone who is familiar with the royal family my resemblance alone should prove my relation."
The guard captain regarded the purported documents. He turned and spoke to a messenger. "Hmm . . . Inform Chancellor Meng that a purported member of the Royal Family is here to claim his relations." After a few moments, Ying Angdun was searched and led into the presence of Meng Yi.
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Sima Shing "It is my intention to do so, though I must say, that the Marquis himself is a bit worried about what may happen. He is surrounded on almost all sides by enemies, and things do not look well."

Shing takes a moment to finish his win off, carefully setting the glass back down
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Aid II, Jianshu II, Military Admin II, Raid I, Wall II
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Meng Yi nodded and then said, "The chaos spreads across the south. Let us hope it may be stopped before moving north. There is enough in the North to worry about already."

He replaced his own cup and then said, "Let us hope the trouble does not destroy the Marquis and, if that hope is lost, let us hope it does not move to threaten your own lands as well."

AaronH229

Meng Yi was working in a small room which he used for this purpose. An attendant had clearly arrived ahead of the visitor and Meng Yi had put asside his pen and was waiting with his hands on his thighs, thoughtfully examining a painting on the wall.

When his visitor entered he nodded and said, "I am Minister Yi, I understand you claim to be a member of the family I serve?"
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Ying Angdun looks at Minister Yi with slightly more respect evident on his face then when dealing with the guards. Looking to see if the documents he had brought with him had been passed on he nods his head at Minister Yi's abrupt greeting.

"Yes I am here to confirm my membership in the family you serve, I assume you were passed on the documents I brought with me? They show that I am the eldest son of Qin Zhaoxiang Wang's third son and as such I am the second cousin of Ying Fusu."
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Meng Yi sighed inwardly, the man's lack of respect was evident in his tone and in his manner. He said, "Many people make such claims in this time of chaos. Ying Fusu, the King of Qin is not here. He has been captured by the forces of Ying Huhai, his younger brother, who is a pretender to the throne."

Meng Yi glanced at the scroll which the attendant carried and then said, "I have never heard of you." It was clear to him, from this man's demeanor, that he understood little of the current political situation and even less of how one ought to behave.
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Looking at the man and seeing his dismissive tone he set his features.

"I was aware that Ying Huhai had risen as a pretender to the throne and I came here out of the exile placed on my father before I was born to lend my support to who I saw as the true King of Qin. Minister Yi please forgive my tone I let my tiredness at the long journey here break through my demeanour and for that I apologise. The reason you would not have heard of me was that I was born after my father left the court in Xiangyang because he became disallusioned after Qinhuangdi united the land and I was brought up in Anling instead of the capital. I hope that you may believe my claims and my appearance lends strength to my claim as i have been told I bear the family a strong resemblance. If you choose not to believe me well I am happy that such an august man as yourself chose to see me. I must ask however, now that the usurper has captured King Fusu who will be chosen to suceed him Prince Jianglu?"
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Meng Yi listened to the man who claimed this connection. He did not, himself, see any relation. Nor had heard of any such family in exile. It was possible but he could not say one way or another.

After a moment he said, "I have not heard of the situation you describe nor do I recognize you as a relative of my master. Perhaps your story is true, perhaps it is one your family cherished but which is not true, perhaps you are like many others who seek to gain through some connection with the Imperial family. It might even be that you come from my master's younger brother as a spy."

He nodded at his attendant and said, "I can offer you some tea which might be soothing after your difficult journey." After a pause he said, "I am sorry, I cannot offer much information about the King's situation. He was captured in battle by Zhang Han. I have not heard more about him so I known not whether he lives or dies."