Chen Sheng's Audience Hall - Chen

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Chen Sheng's Audience Hall - Chen

Post by ann »

The streets of Chen are filled with confusion as the forces of Chen She mill about mixing with people from villages around the city. Rumors grow like mushrooms in every dark corner and tavern and wild stories travel as quickly as fire through the crowded city. It is said that the man called Chen She is really the crown Prince, it is also said that the crown Prince is dead and that the his brother has become Emperor. While one man reports hearing that Chen She has become King of Chu another reports that he's an imposter not long for the world.

Many people make their way to and from the grand building Chen She has chosen to make his headquarters. Men ride forth with mysterious orders and peasants arrive claiming to be relations of the mysterious man. The building is guarded round the clock by men who've long ceased being surprised by those who request an audience - or by those granted one.
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

Short RP's, FTW!

Post by GoGo the Monkey »

As the people of the city go about their daily routine a hooded man in a tattered outfit slowly limps along the road. A bump here and a shove there the man quietly moves throughout the crowds. His eyes falling upon the ground as he makes his way towards the 'crown prince's' headquarters in silence. It is as he comes upon the gates that the man picks up his pace of speed. Removing his hood the man reveals his face and the features that lie upon it. A horizontal scar that extends from one side of the cheek to the other crossing of his nose as well as the slit at the lower left side of his nostril that extends half way towards his face. With the crack of a grin the man begins to speak while bowing his head.

"I've come to speak with the Crown Prince..."
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Short RP's, FTW!

Post by ann »

GoGo the Monkey wrote:As the people of the city go about their daily routine a hooded man in a tattered outfit slowly limps along the road. A bump here and a shove there the man quietly moves throughout the crowds. His eyes falling upon the ground as he makes his way towards the 'crown prince's' headquarters in silence. It is as he comes upon the gates that the man picks up his pace of speed. Removing his hood the man reveals his face and the features that lie upon it. A horizontal scar that extends from one side of the cheek to the other crossing of his nose as well as the slit at the lower left side of his nostril that extends half way towards his face. With the crack of a grin the man begins to speak while bowing his head.

"I've come to speak with the Crown Prince..."
The guards' glance at each other briefly. They'd heard the rumors themselves but didn't believe them. Of course Chen Sheng was very impressive and who were they to say one way or another; neither had ever seen a crown prince before anyway. And, to be sure, the visitor looked as much like a royal to them as Chen Sheng. Just the other day a peasant arrived claiming to be his father in law! That man hadn't stayed long - but he hadn't been thrown out either.

After a moment one guard cleared his throat and said, "If you want to see Chen Sheng we'll search you and you can enter his audience hall."

The two then waited for the visitor's response.
trippy
Colonel

Post by trippy »

The fat and jolly Ti walked to the guards and presented himself. He breathed a bit heavily from walking so far and pondered on how he should really get himself a horse.

I am certain you will have to check even this portly scholar for any item which could harm any inside. Please, dispense with what you need to do because I seek an offer from your king.
Chuluun Sukh
67-107*-36-78-44
Jianshu II Qianshu III Smith II Challenge I Trainer I Charge II Javelin,
Horse Helm (Might +4), Billhook (Might +7), Armor (Might +7), horse (speed +5)
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

The guards' glance at each other briefly. They'd heard the rumors themselves but didn't believe them. Of course Chen Sheng was very impressive and who were they to say one way or another; neither had ever seen a crown prince before anyway. And, to be sure, the visitor looked as much like a royal to them as Chen Sheng. Just the other day a peasant arrived claiming to be his father in law! That man hadn't stayed long - but he hadn't been thrown out either.

After a moment one guard cleared his throat and said, "If you want to see Chen Sheng we'll search you and you can enter his audience hall."

The two then waited for the visitor's response.
The man took note of what the two guards had addressed the 'crown prince' by. He had initially pondered why someone of the Qin royal lineage would use the former Chu kingdom as their headquarters. The grin upon his face fading as he stared past the two guards. Taking a step forward the man nodded towards them in consent to their request.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

trippy wrote:The fat and jolly Ti walked to the guards and presented himself. He breathed a bit heavily from walking so far and pondered on how he should really get himself a horse.

I am certain you will have to check even this portly scholar for any item which could harm any inside. Please, dispense with what you need to do because I seek an offer from your king.
One of the guards stepped forward grinning slightly. He was an insolent youth and the chaotic times had allowed him to remain so.

"You seek an offer? What sort of offer?" He sniggered as if he'd made a great joke.

Before the visitor could respond a captain walked up quickly and, with a glare, sent the youth back to his post. The captain shook his head briefly, clearly weary of the necessity of allowing such behavior to go unchecked, and then said, "You seek an audience with the King?" The word was clearly new in his mouth though he was quite disciplined and his discomfort almost didn't show. "You must be searched and then may go to the audience hall"

GoGo the Monkey wrote:The man took note of what the two guards had addressed the 'crown prince' by. He had initially pondered why someone of the Qin royal lineage would use the former Chu kingdom as their headquarters. The grin upon his face fading as he stared past the two guards. Taking a step forward the man nodded towards them in consent to their request.
He was quickly searched and then lead into a small antechamber where a servant was called to take him to the audience hall of Chen Sheng.

The servant was as expected but others who could be seen walking about the building were not at all so. There seemed to be an odd mixture of petty noblemen, soldiers, and peasants mingling together. The visitor was led to the entrance of a large audience hall. From inside came the sound of rough laughter and a strong smell of wine.

The servant bowed and indicated that the visitor should enter. He did so and, as he did, a serious but harrassed looking man in plain robes stood and hurried to him.

He raised his eyebrow slightly at the sight of visitor but, after a brief glance at the King, bowed and said, "I am Pen Dao, what is your business with the King?"
trippy
Colonel

Post by trippy »

After the search by the guards, Ti followed the captain to the audience chamber and looks for a functionary to announce him. Finding one, he begins.

Why hello, I am sure you are the one who will announce my presence. Let your king know that Zheng Ti, the greatest of our land's public administrators is here to see him and solicit an offer of employment.
Chuluun Sukh
67-107*-36-78-44
Jianshu II Qianshu III Smith II Challenge I Trainer I Charge II Javelin,
Horse Helm (Might +4), Billhook (Might +7), Armor (Might +7), horse (speed +5)
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

the bandit lord of Zhao arrived in the Northern holdings of Chen She's fledgling empire. Walking with a confident swager Lu Ying nodded at the guards before introducing herself

"Greeting, I am Lu Ying, a mercenary of Zhao. I have important bussiness with your commander"
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Lu Ying is searched by the guards. (If allowed obviously) She is shown into the audience hall where Wu Chen awaits looking slightly suprised that someone would come to see him rather then Chen She in the south. Nodding once he beckons her closer and glances at her quickly.

"Ah, Lu Ying is it? what do you here? I believe you wished to see me?"
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

Q

He was quickly searched and then lead into a small antechamber where a servant was called to take him to the audience hall of Chen Sheng.

The servant was as expected but others who could be seen walking about the building were not at all so. There seemed to be an odd mixture of petty noblemen, soldiers, and peasants mingling together. The visitor was led to the entrance of a large audience hall. From inside came the sound of rough laughter and a strong smell of wine.

The servant bowed and indicated that the visitor should enter. He did so and, as he did, a serious but harrassed looking man in plain robes stood and hurried to him.

He raised his eyebrow slightly at the sight of visitor but, after a brief glance at the King, bowed and said, "I am Pen Dao, what is your business with the King?"
After being searched the man silently followed the servant as his eyes moved in all different directions. It was now obvious to him that the answer he sought to the question he wished to present was no longer needed. Unlike probably most the sight before his eyes did not shock the man and instead left a warm feeling within him. He had seen such places before though not on such a large scale. As he neared the halls the man left out a snicker before halting. Once allowed entrance his eyes shifted the room once before focusing solely on the 'king'.

"I am Niu Xiong, a native of Xiangcheng." he announced himself before continuing. "Since I've walked through the gates I've seen many things. Things that I believe to be unlike the Qin and their customs. There seems to be a lack of spineless ministers about wandering the corridors as well as a chaotic aura. Perhaps I am mistaken but I believe I've found the answer to the question I wished to present. That aside..." he paused.

Glancing to the servant whom had addressed him the man cracked another grin. Lowering body the man slowly moved down upon one knee whilst focusing back upon the 'king'.

"..I ask that you allow me the privilege of fighting within your army. I have spent a majority of my life fighting against the Qin. Though I grow old I can assure you that I am still able to hold my own. My leg is not of a problem to me and will heal soon..."

edit: Just changed the location in which my PC was from..
Last edited by GoGo the Monkey on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.