Ruler Ownership Table

Moderator: Game Masters

Is this table helpful? (Should I spend time keeping it updated?)

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 99

Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

:? I updated it, but for some reason, even though I have the background color as white, it is not showing up on the forum (I'm using the black setting). Also, the map was not updated all the way. Tian Rong's, Kong Huang's, and Zhang Han's numbers are not correct. If anyone can figure out why the table is not showing up I'd appreciate it.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

I added the border and background color in explicitly to your table. For some reason, if you don't have quotes around the 1 or white tags, it removes them.

There were some updates we needed to make to get our board current with the PHPBB code, and that's possibly the source of the new requirements.
Last edited by Kymvir Raemiz on Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Thank you! I was getting very confused about why part of is went away when I hit 'post'. :)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Colored Territorial Map! Accurate to the start of the December 205 turn.

((Deleted, see newest post))

I had started on this a while ago, and today I guess I decided to finish it. It's a colored map that more or less represents each kingdom's percentage of territory in each province. It's low-quality, primarily because I used Paint to do it (secondarily because I couldn't ever color in the lines in real life). But no one else did one, so tough :)

How do I calculate what percentage of a province someone owns? Well, first off, the percentage is calculated only from the cities/towns/villages that are owned by a city ruler. With limited color options, I had to narrow my scope. Also, I ignored empty population centers all-together. I didn't see a reason to have empty spots on the map, when this is generally just showing where someone's power stretches. Otherwise, cities were worth 4 points, towns worth 2, and villages 1. Then I added up the points of each ruler in the province, and figured it that way. The point system is arbitrary; you can easily argue that one city is worth more than 4 villages. But I'm measuring land, not the worth of the land. The positions of someone's kingdom within a province was generally done so that it connected well with that kingdom's position in another province.

You should probably have the map thread handy, as this key below isn't going to be of a great help, since I'm terrible with color names. But most people have a general idea who is where, anyways.

Shi Guo Xing - Aqua
Wu Rui - Some Icky Green
Zhao Xiu - Blue
Liu Bang - Red
Xiang Yu - White
Wang Tzujin - Icky Pink
Shan Yu - Black
Huang Fu - Orange
Dong Ke - Dark Grey
Hann Xin - Bright Green
Lei Lo Mo - Lightish Purple
Tian Heng - Yellow-Green?
Burgili Khan - Lighter Brown
Qing Bu - Dark Blue
Yang Zhao - Light Grey
She Dong - Dark Brown
Katastropha - Purple
Huangfu Yuan - Blue-Grey
Wei Bao - Really Light Blue
Zang Tu - Some Blueish-Purple Combination
Da Re - Slightly Darker Purple than Lei Lo Mo's
Pang Jian - Icky Black-Greenish
Zhao Xie - Magenta

As an aside, I gave Liu Bang red and Xiang Yu white because that's the colors they are in Rise of the Phoenix :)
Last edited by Xiang Zhuang on Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Boo! I had this idea at the start of the sim. But no one really mentioned anything when I posted my versions up for comment. Oh, and sorry for kind of letting this thread die, but it's just too hard to do when the map thread isn't updated very often.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Ranbir
Colonel

Post by Ranbir »

Aaron, what an ugly map! :wink:

That red person looks like he's winning!
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

It's definitely ugly :) The red guy's Liu Bang...he pretty much started with all that territory (or close to it), plus he's a GMNPC, so he doesn't really count. Dong Ke probably has the most land for a PC, although after these battles this turn, Zhao Xiu should get a nice chunk of Yan. Plus, Lei Lo Mo will probably assimilate most of Jiaodong in the next month or so.

And Gal...sorry :) I knew it was somebody else's idea other than mine, but I couldn't remember who. I should have known.
101*.87*.44.78.39

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Update, as of the end of Jan 204 (not counting potential construction)

Shi Guo Xing - Aqua
Wu Rui - Some Icky Green
Zhao Xiu - Blue
Liu Bang - Red
Xiang Yu - White
Wang Tzujin - Icky Pink
Shan Yu - Black
Sun Fei - Orange
Dong Ke - Dark Grey
Hann Xin - Bright Green
Lei Lo Mo - Lightish Purple
Tian Heng - Yellow-Green?
Burgili Khan - Lighter Brown
Qing Bu - Dark Blue
She Dong - Dark Brown
Katastropha - Purple
Huangfu Yuan - Blue-Grey
Wei Bao - Really Light Blue
Luan Bu? - Some Blueish-Purple Combination
Da Re - Slightly Darker Purple than Lei Lo Mo's
Pang Jian - Icky Black-Greenish
Zhao Xie - Magenta
101*.87*.44.78.39

Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

You can all work out who is who, its based off the current map. I plan to update it every turn or so
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

Update as of end of june military phase (Using links so I can both keep this small, and keep a sort of visual record of how things go in the game)

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1696/ccsmallvj3.jpg
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)