Jin Kai's Audience Hall - Xiangguo

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Xushou
Officer

Post by Xushou »

bain_nick

"Very well," replied Xiong Xushou with a nod. "You may return to your king with my terms. I will send ten thousand men under General Zhang Kui to your king's aid. In exchange, he will provide me with no less than three hundred taels of gold, assistance in the defense of my territory from Wu Chen or any of his vassals that seek harm upon my people for our part in the battle, and an agreement of non-aggression between Yin and Changshan."

Sipping from his tea, Xushou went on, "If he finds these rather meager terms agreeable, then I will await word from him on where my army is to join his. I hope, either way, that the king will agree to peace with my people. I have heard good things of your master; I should hope he will prove more worthy of his throne than the rebel-king of Zhao."

tlenoi

"My offer to you is humble, master Wei, but the glory you may achieve as part of this noble cause is boundless," Xiong Xushou replied as a small jug of wine was brought for Wei Hong with a large cup. "If you will serve the people of Changshan, I will grant you the rank of Colonel and a stipend of fifty taels a month. Your skills will be put to good use here, and worthy results will be met with worthy rewards, master Wei."
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

Jin Kai and his brothers approached the citadel of Xiangguo on foot, speaking back and forth amongst themselves, as was their way. When they came close to the guards at the entrance Jin Kai took a step forward to address the guard captain.

"Hello guardsman. Could you inform the Prefect that Magistrate Jin Kai of Kuailang wishes to speak with him?"
Jin Sui (23)

"Jin Kai have already gain the thrust of the population in Changshan!!!"
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Min smiled.

"Very well Master Xiong. I think my King will be happy with these terms, but I will present them officially to him and try to bring you the news by letter or in person as soon as possible."

Xiao-Niao Min bowed to Master Xiong.

"Thank you for your hospitality, and I wish you well in case I do not see you for a while."

Xiao-Niao Min waited to be excused, (and if so, would head back to her honor guard, and leave for Yin, avoiding Zhao's lands again).
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Deceased V4 Character: Baofu YaoYan
V3 Character: Xiao-Niao Min
Xushou
Officer

Post by Xushou »

Big Grizzy

"Of course, lord Jin," Shang Xiao replied, signalling one of the younger guards who immediately went inside. It was only a short time before a pair of guards emerged from within the citadel, dressed in slightly more ornate armor than their counterparts at the gate.

"We will conduct you and your men to the lord Prefect, lord Jin," said one of the guards. Jin Kai and his brothers were then led into the citadel and, soon enough, to the audience chamber. One of the pair stepped forward and announced: "Lord Prefect, I present Magistrate Jin Kai of Kuailang."

"Ah! Master Jin, it is always a pleasure," greeted the young prefect. He quickly rose from his seat and down the dais, giving Jin Kai and his men a deep nod of respect. "May I offer refreshments to you or your men?"

(OOC: Sorry, internet crashed earlier.)

bain_nick

"It was a honor to host a subject of the king of Yin," Xiong Xushou replied with a respectful nod, "and, of course, a pleasure to meet you, lady Xiao-Niao. I look forward to hearing from your master and your return. May the heavens keep you safe on your journey."
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

(OOC:Don't worry, I crashed too. It was 2 in the morning and I have a cold, so I was expecting it, sort of.)

The three bowed to the prefect. When he straightened, Jin Kai spoke. "Refreshments would be most appreciated. It is good to see you again. We came in person to congratulate you on the taking of Quni without bloodshed. In days such as these, too much blood is being spilled already, and much more will be before it is over."
Jin Sui (23)

Xushou
Officer

Post by Xushou »

"Dark times have enveloped the land, indeed," Xiong Xushou replied gravely. A small smile spread across his lips as he went on, "I was most pleased to hear that the tyranny of Wu Chen was removed from Changshan without further hardship on the populace. The people of Quni suffered greatly when Zhao seized the city. I had feared, had Zhang Er not abandoned the city, that I would caused them more suffering. It was quite a boon to our cause that he did."

Tea and wine were brought, as well as rice cakes and dumplings, to one of the tables were the young prefect often met with his guests. He walked toward the table, continuing his speech as he waited for the three brothers to join him, "With the armies of both Yin and Chu invading from the south, Wu Chen will likely not be able to turn his wrath upon us, soon. I believe he is finished, though his vassal in Jibei may yet prove a more lasting legacy for Wu Chen than his rogue kingdom in Zhao."
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

Jin Kai nodded as he walked along, Wu Bei and Zhang Mai in tow. "I know what you mean. Lady Lu Ying seems to be using Wu Chen in an attempt to strengthen her own position. What she seems to have failed to consider is the number of enemies he has made."

The three stopped at the table and waited for the Lord Prefect to be seated. As they stood, Jin Kai continued. "And that is precisely what I have come to speak with you about." His eyes wandered over the table. "Ooh, freshly steam dumplings, is there anything better?"
Jin Sui (23)

Xushou
Officer

Post by Xushou »

Xiong Xushou sat, lifting a freshly poured cup of warm tea to his lips. "In the cold of winter, I think not," he agreed amiably, smiling as the attendant went about plating and pouring everyone's food and drinks. The young man went on in a more official tone, "Lady Lu's own position has, in truth, been weakened by the rebel-king. The king of Qi has marched into Jibei; now, three kings have attacked the holdings of Wu Chen and his vassals."

"The king of Yin sent an envoy to discuss the possibility of my forces marching with his against Wu Chen," Xushou recounted calmly, though he gave a little shrug. "I cannot see how great a contribution I would be able to make when compared to the mighty coalition Yin and Chu have already formed, nor am I certain of the intentions of that mighty army."

"The enemy of my enemy may be my friend today, but when that enemy is gone," the young prefect went on darkly, but he stopped and quietly laughed. "But these are considerations for another day. Certainly, there are more important matters for us to discuss, and I am sure that you have not come to speculate on things so distant."

(OOC: Just woke up, so forgive any incoherence. Love you avatar, by the way! :wink: )
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

The three brothers sat across the table from Xiong Xushou, Jin Kai in the middle, Wu Bei on his right and Zhang Mai on his left. Wu Bei grabbed a rice cake and began eating it with great enthusiasm. Zhang Mai held his cup of tea, but did not drink. Jin Kai took a bite of dumpling, which brought a contented smile to his face.

"You have good cooks, Lord Prefect, everything seems perfectly prepared," Kai observed warmly.

Mai was not so warm. "If only the First Emperor had left us so well prepared. I fear that it will take another uniting the whole of the land as he did to settle the country again."

Jin Kai cut back in. "Which brings us to why we are here. You have done well in serving the will of the people, Lord Xiong, and we have decided that it would be best to officially bring ourselves under your banner. We have already marched with you at Quni, so what reason would we have now for staying separate?"

Mai and Bei both nodded agreement. Bei then spoke around a mouthful of food. "If you have the chance," he stopped to swallow, then continued, "to take a bite out of Wu Chen, you should take it. The quicker that dog is put down the better off the people will be."

Mai continued Bei's line of thought, while Bei took another bite of rice cake. "It would also behoove you to expand your influence if you fear these men's motives. If it comes to having to stand against them, having a greater base to draw on would be beneficial."
Jin Sui (23)

tlenoi
New Recruit

Post by tlenoi »

Xushou

Wei Hong gulped down the wine cup while listening to lord Xiong.

"Ahh! Good wine! Oh, about your offer, lord Xiong. It is clearly a very good offer to me. Yet, that does not matter as much as your goal and plan. In specific, I would like to know what your long-term plan for the whole land is. Also, I would like to know your short-term plan along with your relationship between you and your neighbors. Is it possible for me to know that?"

EDIT:

Wei Hong continued to drink wine and waited for the answer from his host. Unable to get an answer, he waited until he finished all wine. He started to get drunk and frowned.

"Ahh, lord Xiong. It seems like you do not have much time on meeting with me. In such case, I would like to leave then. I wish you good luck."
He bowed and walked away from the hall.

(OOC: Sorry to cut things up quickly. Need to be quick at this point!)
Wei Hong (30, Male)
74-98*-22-63-30
Dash I, Faze III, Maraud II, Qiangshu II, Raid II