Jin Kai's Audience Hall - Xiangguo

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Xiao-Niao min's trip had been uneventful, apart from the increase in time she had spent moving around the Zhao territories. War, how she hated it, but for the good of the people, she would prevail over her own dislikes.
Asking her small honor guard of 50 men to wait for her, under the eye of her faithful Hong Ling, she approached the guards on duty.

"Excuse me, I have been sent here by King Xia, to speak with your Lord Xiong Xushou."
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Deceased V4 Character: Baofu YaoYan
V3 Character: Xiao-Niao Min
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Nanjun Tiger wrote:Shi smiled at the man's remark, seemingly unfazed by his words, but taking his intentions seriously. "Utter... what?" he responded as he winked to Xian, showing him that he had all the intentions of forgetting what had just transpired.

"Well," the warrior began, exhaling heavily, "I came because your words were honest. They were not overly flattering nor were they of one without passion. I could tell you were not some eunuch trying to flatter the pants off of some young man, by telling him how the Heavens themselves would quake at his precense. You have respect for men of ability, especially warriors, as do I. I just wanted to hear, face to face, why you honestly believe I should join your liege."
"Good . . ." replied Xian Jue curtly, nodding his head at the man's understanding.

"As a wandering swordsman, I found that honesty was my best trait, better than my skills with a sword or my ability to get places undetected," stated the man. "As to the Prefect, he is a good man, one of the few alive. Unlike Huhai or Fusu, he does not rule to squabble pettily over their inheritance. Unlike Yi Lian or Lin Xin, he does not employ underhanded methods to expand his lands. Unlike Chen She and Tian Dan, he is not driven by ambitions and greed. Unlike Xia Xi and Zhao Yue, he is not hampered by indecision. Unlike Li Peng or Wu Chen, he does not betray his lord. Unlike Liu Jin and Fei Lak, he cares for the common people. I hope that is enough . . ."
bain_nick wrote:Xiao-Niao min's trip had been uneventful, apart from the increase in time she had spent moving around the Zhao territories. War, how she hated it, but for the good of the people, she would prevail over her own dislikes.

Asking her small honor guard of 50 men to wait for her, under the eye of her faithful Hong Ling, she approached the guards on duty.

"Excuse me, I have been sent here by King Xia, to speak with your Lord Xiong Xushou."
Xiao-Niao Min was stopped at the gate by Xian Jue who regarded the visitor with curiosity. Folding his arms across his thick chest and giving off a very nasty, killing aura, the expert swordsman spoke. "Why has the King of Yin sent a messenger to Prefect Xiong so far off in the province of Changshan?" He shifted the sheathed sword in his right hand to his left, the more easily to draw it with.
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Min noticed the sword changing positions, but displayed ignorance of it.

"I have been sent here by my King on diplomatic issues pertaining to the King of Zhao." Min replied calmly.
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Cao Chao wrote:"Good . . ." replied Xian Jue curtly, nodding his head at the man's understanding.

"As a wandering swordsman, I found that honesty was my best trait, better than my skills with a sword or my ability to get places undetected," stated the man. "As to the Prefect, he is a good man, one of the few alive. Unlike Huhai or Fusu, he does not rule to squabble pettily over their inheritance. Unlike Yi Lian or Lin Xin, he does not employ underhanded methods to expand his lands. Unlike Chen She and Tian Dan, he is not driven by ambitions and greed. Unlike Xia Xi and Zhao Yue, he is not hampered by indecision. Unlike Li Peng or Wu Chen, he does not betray his lord. Unlike Liu Jin and Fei Lak, he cares for the common people. I hope that is enough . . ."
"Yes, I believe that that answer more than suffices, Master Xian. Thank you." Crossing his arms about his chest, Guo Xing clicked his tongue against the back of his teeth several times as he pondered what the swordsman had just told him. "I will take your words to heart, Master Xian. But I am afraid that I must retire for the day, for there are many more that I must visit in the coming days. After I have spoken to all, I shall make my decision. Until then, good sir, I bid you good health and prosperity." Giving the man a polite bow, he waited to be excused.
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
Xushou
Officer

Post by Xushou »

Cao Chao / Kirin Rose

Xiong Xushou's attention was drawn from the scroll in his hands to Xian Jue and his guest, Ridd Ler. Carefully, he folded the bamboo parchment and passed it off to a waiting attendant. With a respectful nod of his head, he replied, "Welcome to Xiangguo, master Ridd. I trust master Xian Jue has made your visit here a good one?" With a gesture toward another waiting attentant, the young prefect added, "Would you care for some refreshments - tea, wine?"

((OOC: Sorry to all for the late reply. RL has swamped me these past few days. I think this one's all that required a reply from me. PM me if I missed somebody, folks! bain_nick, I didn't forget you, just waiting for you to get inside for the moment.))
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

bain_nick wrote:Min noticed the sword changing positions, but displayed ignorance of it.

"I have been sent here by my King on diplomatic issues pertaining to the King of Zhao." Min replied calmly.
"I see . . ." replied Xian Jue calmly. Gesturing to the guards, he spoke. "Search this woman thoroughly, while I go inform the Prefect of his arrival." While the swordsman disappeared into the administrative complex, the diplomat was searched thoroughly by female attendants supervised by the guards for any weapons, which were confiscated.

After a few moments, the swordsman returned. "The Prefect will see you now . . . Follow me." He turned and led the diplomat from Xia Xi to the austerely decorated audience chambers. In a stentorian voice, he announced. "My liege, a diplomat from the King of Yin by name of Xiao-Niao Min."
Nanjun Tiger wrote:"Yes, I believe that that answer more than suffices, Master Xian. Thank you." Crossing his arms about his chest, Guo Xing clicked his tongue against the back of his teeth several times as he pondered what the swordsman had just told him. "I will take your words to heart, Master Xian. But I am afraid that I must retire for the day, for there are many more that I must visit in the coming days. After I have spoken to all, I shall make my decision. Until then, good sir, I bid you good health and prosperity." Giving the man a polite bow, he waited to be excused.
"Very good," replied the swordsman, returning the bow, "I bid you good day."
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Xiao-Niao Min bow's respectfully to Xiong Xushou.

"Master Xiong, first let me congratulate you on your victory over Wu Chen in Changshan. My Lord is also fighting the Zhao and from last reports that I received on my journey here, was running them into the ground in Zhongmu.”

Kirin Rose
Sergeant
Location: "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Post by Kirin Rose »

Xushou wrote:Cao Chao / Kirin Rose

Xiong Xushou's attention was drawn from the scroll in his hands to Xian Jue and his guest, Ridd Ler. Carefully, he folded the bamboo parchment and passed it off to a waiting attendant. With a respectful nod of his head, he replied, "Welcome to Xiangguo, master Ridd. I trust master Xian Jue has made your visit here a good one?" With a gesture toward another waiting attentant, the young prefect added, "Would you care for some refreshments - tea, wine?"

((OOC: Sorry to all for the late reply. RL has swamped me these past few days. I think this one's all that required a reply from me. PM me if I missed somebody, folks! bain_nick, I didn't forget you, just waiting for you to get inside for the moment.))
Watched at the Lord Xiong Xushou approached the two men, Ridd Ler giving off a gracious bow to the Prefect before giving off a friendly smile in his usual manner. "Aw yes Lord Xushou, Xian Jue has been very kind and uplifting to talk too, thank you for that Xian Jue." He stated, turning to the swordsman and giving him a grateful nod, quickly turning his attention back to the Prefect. "A nice warm cup of tea would be lovely, I am freezing from these cold winds that winter has brought upon us." He added, motioning for the lord to lead them to wherever they may sit and chat amongst each other with their tea. "After you my lord."
Jin Taozu; Modified Stats: 68-31-91*-59-46* // Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Scribe II
Xushou
Officer

Post by Xushou »

bain_nick

Xiong Xushou regarded Xiao-Niao Min with unveiled curiosity. He rose from his heavy throne, giving the woman a respectful nod of his head. "It is my duty to protect the people from tyrants and warmongers seeking glory only for themselves," he replied casually. "The people of Quni suffered greatly during Wu Chen's invasion of the city. I was obligated to relieve their suffering as quickly as I was able to." With a shrug, he added, "Would not your king have done the same if Yin had been the target of Wu Chen's advances, rather than Changshan."

"I dearly hope, however, that your lord has sent you here for more important matters than to compare our victories over Wu Chen," the young prefect went on, stepping down from his dais. "May I offer refreshments while we discuss the true purpose of your visit, lady Xiao-Niao?"

Kirin Rose

Xushou rose from his throne and quickly made his way off the dais where it sat. The attendant brought warm tea and a small tray of rice cakes to one of the small tables situated between the entrance of the chamber and the raised dais, where the young prefect took a seat, motioning for Ridd Ler to do the same.

"Perhaps you would like to tell me about yourself, master Ridd, and your purpose in coming here?" Xiong Xushou asked, taking a small sip from his cup.
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

"You may, Master Xiong, and I would be grateful for it. It is true, that I have more to discuss, and it also abou the Zhao."

Min takes a composing breath before continuing.

"Soon, we are to attack the Zhao, and we ask of you, if you could send troops to aid us in our attack. This would give you an opportunity to be apart of the King's destruction, and would greatly endeavor you in my King. He is a man who is looking for allies, and would be willing to offer you the title of Marquis, as well as the payment of household costs for a month if you were to aid us in this task."