Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Trimotar
New Recruit

Post by Trimotar »

Naxr wrote:"Well, your talent would be very helpful to the people here in Liang. Though many have seen it fit to neglect the civil side of affairs in order to focus on raising large armies for war and conquest, I have put great focus into developing the province so as to help raise the standard of living of the people of Liang. Now... you've told me your own goals. But in looking for a lord to serve, what is it that you desire in such a leader? Certainly one has to be discriminating in this search?"
Lu Hou thought for only a few seconds.

Lu Hou: Courage. If the leader has the courage to do what is necessary to get his or her goal accomplished, no matter the surrounding, that is the best trait. I think I have heard enough, thank you for your time. I will let you know my decision in the future.
Lu Hou (17) 20-52-98*-80-66 Engineer III, Entangle II, Jeer II, Public Planner II | Item: Structural Engineering Manual (Int +4), Book of Poetry (Int +3)
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

AaronH229

Taking the suggestion, the guards search for and remove any weapons found. One of the guards motions them to follow him as he walks into the audience hall. They soon arrive outside an office, where the guard announces to the man inside, "Lord Kai, sir Guo Shao and his retainer Man Lin here to see you."

"Come on in!" Kai directed from behind his desk. "Take a seat. So how was the trip, not too difficult I hope?"

Trimotar

"That's certainly a good trait to have. Hopefully I shall see you soon back in this hall then," he smiled.
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Naxr wrote:Kai thought to himself, Independent armies coming to Liang, what can one think of this? "Sure," he began, "that is acceptable. On what date shall this meeting be held? And may I ask now what his plans are in regard to Liang, or would that spoil his message to me at this meeting?"
Gongsun Qing flushed, and then put his nose in the air, taking on an even more self-important air, "The Marshal of Chu will inform you of his reasons for entering Liang when you meet of course. I know, of course, but I cannot tell you without his express permission."

"The Marshal wishes to meet you there in the second week of October. You can bring, of course, any officers you think are necessary to a meeting of such magnitude beyond the 200 soldiers already mentioned. I am certain I will be there."
HalftimeHero33
Officer

Post by HalftimeHero33 »

OneEyedDrgn wrote:The guards were confused as to why the man was chuckling, but said nothing. It wasn't their duty to do so.

"Well then... If its the Colonel, then you do not need a search. Please follow me." Deng Zilong had specifically ordered that anyone who came to him would not be searched. He was not fond of the idea of taking away weapons, and there seemed to be no point since the visitors were not going to see Xiang Kai.

Guiding Sun Mu to a small office, they opened the door and motioned for him to go in. Inside was a man in brown armor, rocking his chair from the back legs and seemingly bored. When he heard the door open, he stopped.

“Hmm? Haven’t seen you around before, who are you?” Zilong asked Sun Mu.
Closely following the man to the room Sun Mu kept his head looking straight down at his feet. Entering the room Sun Mu spoke to the man addressing him in a quiet almost ghost like demeanor.

"Heh, I like the way your guards run things around here. Not even searching visitors for weapons.. someone could so easily just march in here with intent to kill.. ha. But, that's not why I'm here.. my name is Sun Mu and I've come here on request of Lord Deng Zilong to speak about possible emplyoment."
Sun Mu, 18
35-56-90-27-89
Confuse II, Deride II, Diplomat III, Doctor I, Propagandist I
Saffron
Loves Bunnies!

Post by Saffron »

Xiang Kai

"Good day." she approached the familiar guards. "I am here to see Xiang Kai." she said simply.
Yuè Tùzi (月 兔子- Moon Rabbit)
Doctor I, Engineer III, Entangle I, Propagandist II, Public Planner III, Scribe I
33-16-91-84-53

V3
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kymvir Raemiz

"Alright then, it is set. I look forward to a productive meeting between the Marshal and myself. Is there anything else I can do for you?" he asked the man.

Saffron

"Yes, we will have to search you first, for weapons and the like, if you are to see him," one of the guards said to her. Knowing this was a woman, he reassured her, "Don't worry, I don't like to do this any more than you do. Orders are orders..."
Saffron
Loves Bunnies!

Post by Saffron »

Naxr wrote:
Saffron

"Yes, we will have to search you first, for weapons and the like, if you are to see him," one of the guards said to her. Knowing this was a woman, he reassured her, "Don't worry, I don't like to do this any more than you do. Orders are orders..."
She took a deep breath. Being manhandled was not her idea of fun. She showed the guard her dagger. "Here is my only weapon, though if I was an assassin, I would not be a very good one announcing myself and walking though the front door." she joked.

((Lady Meifing consents to the search))
Yuè Tùzi (月 兔子- Moon Rabbit)
Doctor I, Engineer III, Entangle I, Propagandist II, Public Planner III, Scribe I
33-16-91-84-53

V3
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

HalftimeHero33 wrote:
OneEyedDrgn wrote:The guards were confused as to why the man was chuckling, but said nothing. It wasn't their duty to do so.

"Well then... If its the Colonel, then you do not need a search. Please follow me." Deng Zilong had specifically ordered that anyone who came to him would not be searched. He was not fond of the idea of taking away weapons, and there seemed to be no point since the visitors were not going to see Xiang Kai.

Guiding Sun Mu to a small office, they opened the door and motioned for him to go in. Inside was a man in brown armor, rocking his chair from the back legs and seemingly bored. When he heard the door open, he stopped.

“Hmm? Haven’t seen you around before, who are you?” Zilong asked Sun Mu.
Closely following the man to the room Sun Mu kept his head looking straight down at his feet. Entering the room Sun Mu spoke to the man addressing him in a quiet almost ghost like demeanor.

"Heh, I like the way your guards run things around here. Not even searching visitors for weapons.. someone could so easily just march in here with intent to kill.. ha. But, that's not why I'm here.. my name is Sun Mu and I've come here on request of Lord Deng Zilong to speak about possible emplyoment."
"Ahhh..." the man said leaning forward a bit from his table. "I see, so you have finally come? I am the Deng Zilong that have asked you to come. And don't misunderstand, people visiting Lord Xiang get searched, people visiting me, don't. Don't really think I'm important enough to try and assasinate, and I'd kill anyone who'd try. Anyways..."

He began to lean back with his chair again while rubbing his chin. "I'm guessing someone who uses strategy and his head will probably have some questions about joining right? Well then, what do you want to know?"
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Yeah, I suppose so..."

The guard searches her and removes any weapons, then proceeds to lead her into the audience hall, assuming she follows. He leads her straight into the office where he becomes startled, "Lord Kai, this is ummm... eh...." he looked to the woman having forgotten to get her name.

"Lady Meifing!" Kai called out, to the relief of the guard, "It's been a long time. Tell me, have you visited the other lords of the land? What did you think of them?" he asked as he motioned for the guard to return to his post. The guard did so.
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Naxr wrote:Kymvir Raemiz

"Alright then, it is set. I look forward to a productive meeting between the Marshal and myself. Is there anything else I can do for you?" he asked the man.
Gongsun Guang sniffed, and looked around with a somewhat put out air. "Some refreshment for my officers and I would not go amiss."

((when you are ready post your arrival at Dang in the Liang Roleplay Thread - and send me a PM with a link so I don't miss it!))