Jin Kai's Audience Hall - Xiangguo

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Kirin Rose
Sergeant
Location: "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Post by Kirin Rose »

Cao Chao wrote: A messenger quickly fetched the master swordsman who appeared like a floating wraith before the charismatic politician named Ridd Ler. The swordmaster regarded his invited visitor calmly for a few moments before he spoke. "I am Xian Jue. You must be Ridd Ler?"
Ridd Ler gave off a simple nod, brushing away the hair from his face and smiling. "Yes, that would be master Xian Jue, a pleasure to meet you." He stated, removing a hand from within his robe and extending it out towards the male.
Jin Taozu; Modified Stats: 68-31-91*-59-46* // Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Scribe II
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Kirin Rose wrote:Ridd Ler gave off a simple nod, brushing away the hair from his face and smiling. "Yes, that would be master Xian Jue, a pleasure to meet you." He stated, removing a hand from within his robe and extending it out towards the male.
The swordsman took the politician's hand and shook it gingerly. "Well then, welcome to Xiangguo in Changshan," he stated quietly, as Xian Jue he shifted the position of the sheathed sword tied to his back, "I hope your journey went smoothly and without trouble. If you please surrender any weapons that you may have to the guard, I will conduct you into the presence of the Prefect."
Kirin Rose
Sergeant
Location: "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Post by Kirin Rose »

Cao Chao wrote: The swordsman took the politician's hand and shook it gingerly. "Well then, welcome to Xiangguo in Changshan," he stated quietly, as Xian Jue he shifted the position of the sheathed sword tied to his back, "I hope your journey went smoothly and without trouble. If you please surrender any weapons that you may have to the guard, I will conduct you into the presence of the Prefect."
The politician, Ridd Ler gave off a soft chuckle, shaking the hand firmly before taking it back into his robe. "It is good to be here, I do not think I've laid eyes on a more beautiful city." He replied, cocking an eyebrow at the swordsman request. A surprised look came over him, he then removed his hands from his robe and held them up, shruging, "I've no weapons on me sir, my weapons are my mouth and intelligence, for that is what you need in my profession." He retorted, giving off a small laugh, bowing slightly as he motioned the swordsman towards the gate, "Now, shall we go and see the Prefect? I don't know about you, but I am getting quite cold standing out here."
Jin Taozu; Modified Stats: 68-31-91*-59-46* // Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Scribe II
Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Cao Chao wrote:Xian Jue soon appeared at the entrance, walking smoothly upon the balls of his feet. He calmly regarding for a few moments the visitor with the calculating and piercing eyes of a master swordsman. He gave off the sharp aura of a killer, a man who had killed many in his lifetime. "I am Xian Jue, Swordmaster of Prefect Xiong," he stated calmly without any preamble or unnecessary inflections. He paused briefly, before continuing with a question, "You are Shi Guoxing?
The traveler nodded at the swordsman's words. "Aye, I am he, styled Yonghu (勇虎)." Sizing the man up for a brief moment, he pulled back his hood revealing a man of fair skin and long, dark hair tied and pinned into a topknot. He cleared his throat, his eyes wandering about the entrance way, before settling back on Xian Jue. "So you were the one that sent me the letter? Excuse me for my brashness, but I don't know many swordsmen who can write as eloquently as you. I take it that you were not trained in the west?"
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Kirin Rose wrote:The politician, Ridd Ler gave off a soft chuckle, shaking the hand firmly before taking it back into his robe. "It is good to be here, I do not think I've laid eyes on a more beautiful city." He replied, cocking an eyebrow at the swordsman request. A surprised look came over him, he then removed his hands from his robe and held them up, shruging, "I've no weapons on me sir, my weapons are my mouth and intelligence, for that is what you need in my profession." He retorted, giving off a small laugh, bowing slightly as he motioned the swordsman towards the gate, "Now, shall we go and see the Prefect? I don't know about you, but I am getting quite cold standing out here."
"Of course, replied Xian Jue with a nod. He turned and led the visitor to the relatively spartan audience chambers. With several fiery braziers strategically positioned to warm the large room. In a loud, stentorian voice, he spoke, announcing the arrival of the guest. "Ridd Ler, a skilled and charismatic politician, here to meet you, my liege."
Nanjun Tiger wrote:The traveler nodded at the swordsman's words. "Aye, I am he, styled Yonghu (勇虎)." Sizing the man up for a brief moment, he pulled back his hood revealing a man of fair skin and long, dark hair tied and pinned into a topknot. He cleared his throat, his eyes wandering about the entrance way, before settling back on Xian Jue. "So you were the one that sent me the letter? Excuse me for my brashness, but I don't know many swordsmen who can write as eloquently as you. I take it that you were not trained in the west?"
Xian Jue gave a welcoming smile as the man pulled back his hood to reveal his features. He noted his wandering eyes and nodded to himself. "Aye, I sent you the letter," he replied, "In the days of my youth, I carefully studied my characters along with swordplay. As a result, I possess an eloquence that is often lost upon those who focus solely on one thing. My family has its origins in Qi, though I was born in the small state known as Wei (卫 not 魏). Afterwards, we moved to Zhao. When I grew up, I wandered the lands, making a name for myself as a swordsman. Many great individuals I met in those travels, the Qi statesman Tian Guang, Prince Dan of Yan, and the Qin general Fan Yuqi."
Nanjun Tiger
General

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Cao Chao wrote:Xian Jue gave a welcoming smile as the man pulled back his hood to reveal his features. He noted his wandering eyes and nodded to himself. "Aye, I sent you the letter," he replied, "In the days of my youth, I carefully studied my characters along with swordplay. As a result, I possess an eloquence that is often lost upon those who focus solely on one thing. My family has its origins in Qi, though I was born in the small state known as Wei (卫 not 魏). Afterwards, we moved to Zhao. When I grew up, I wandered the lands, making a name for myself as a swordsman. Many great individuals I met in those travels, the Qi statesman Tian Guang, Prince Dan of Yan, and the Qin general Fan Yuqi."
As the man spoke, the guest nodded his head at times, taking in what was said. However, as Jue spoke of the men he had met, Shi raised his eyebrow slightly. He remained quiet for a moment, still nodding his head, but more slowly this time. "Master Xian, do you perchance have something for me to write on?"
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Nanjun Tiger wrote:As the man spoke, the guest nodded his head at times, taking in what was said. However, as Jue spoke of the men he had met, Shi raised his eyebrow slightly. He remained quiet for a moment, still nodding his head, but more slowly this time. "Master Xian, do you perchance have something for me to write on?"
Xian Jue blinked at the odd request, before gesturing for one of the guards to produce a blank bamboo scroll for the visitor to write on.
Nanjun Tiger
General

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Taking the scroll, he wrote quickly and turned it over so that only Xian could see...

(PM)
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Cao Chao
Marquis

Post by Cao Chao »

Nanjun Tiger wrote:Taking the scroll, he wrote quickly and turned it over so that only Xian could see...

(PM)
"So . . . you know my real name or at least the stories of my assassinations," replied the swordsman with a cold smile, "Then it will do you well to never utter it." Though his words were threatening, his tone did not change at all, but it was eminently clear that he had the abilities to back up the threat. "So . . . Sir Shi . . . Why did you decide to answer this particular missive of mine?"
Nanjun Tiger
General

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Shi smiled at the man's remark, seemingly unfazed by his words, but taking his intentions seriously. "Utter... what?" he responded as he winked to Xian, showing him that he had all the intentions of forgetting what had just transpired.

"Well," the warrior began, exhaling heavily, "I came because your words were honest. They were not overly flattering nor were they of one without passion. I could tell you were not some eunuch trying to flatter the pants off of some young man, by telling him how the Heavens themselves would quake at his precense. You have respect for men of ability, especially warriors, as do I. I just wanted to hear, face to face, why you honestly believe I should join your liege."
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63