Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Nash

Zhenfeng watched the man as he seemed to experience a hefty deal of emotion in this realization he was going through. However, he jumped a bit when the man cracked the tile, and inwardly was glad that his lieutenants were still around, just in case the elder decided to take his fury out on those around him. When he stopped speaking, Zhenfeng wasn't sure what to say in response to this. He thought for a moment, then said, "Uh, do you need some time alone? Or do you have some questions for us? Perhaps my daughter or I can help clear some things up."

<hr>
Kirin Rose

The King nodded his head to his newest officer. "Splendid!" he exclaimed, his face showing something like joy. "I look forward to the many good things you will do under my service!"

Ridd Ler has joined Xia Xi! Post in my officer information thread for PH access.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Nash wrote: He dropped to his knees and slammed his fists into the floor, cracking the tile and probably a knuckle-bone or two.

Chang: It can't be true...they would have come for me...
Liangyu sympathethically, but cautiously approached him,

"General...It's what I've told you all the while...the Qin never were good about caring for their vassals. Father had a terrible experience too, last time he met them, didn't you, Father?"

A frown was still on her face, as she saw the confusion turn to anger...but it had to happen sooner or later, if the man was to act the same way as he used to...

"Are you alright, General Chang? I know it's a lot to take in..."
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

The makeshift general gritted his teeth as he balled his hands into fists.

Chang: Who cares about the Qin? Why didn't Qi come for me? Why didn't they come after me?!

He snarled and leapt to his feet, unusually nimble.

Chang: They sprung a decoy to get me to leave the fort than attacked while I was away out of fear of my prowess! I held that damned fort for months against constant pressure from the Tian armies! My troops were slaughtered while I was returning from a raid. I tried to come to their aid, but it was too late...

And back to his knees he dropped with a slump.

Chang: I couldn't hold off an entire division once they were already inside the fort...I was wounded and my men sacrificed their lives to get me to the hills safely.

He started to weep.

Chang: I knew that Qi would be after me and every day I waited for them to come and claim my life, too. But they never came...they slaughtered my troops and forgot all about me. I couldn't even die alongside my men like I should have...
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Nash wrote:The makeshift general gritted his teeth as he balled his hands into fists.

Chang: Who cares about the Qin? Why didn't Qi come for me? Why didn't they come after me?!

He snarled and leapt to his feet, unusually nimble.

Chang: They sprung a decoy to get me to leave the fort than attacked while I was away out of fear of my prowess! I held that damned fort for months against constant pressure from the Tian armies! My troops were slaughtered while I was returning from a raid. I tried to come to their aid, but it was too late...

And back to his knees he dropped with a slump.

Chang: I couldn't hold off an entire division once they were already inside the fort...I was wounded and my men sacrificed their lives to get me to the hills safely.

He started to weep.

Chang: I knew that Qi would be after me and every day I waited for them to come and claim my life, too. But they never came...they slaughtered my troops and forgot all about me. I couldn't even die alongside my men like I should have...
Zhenfeng considered, for a brief moment, bolting from the room when the man jumped up so fast. He was completely unsure how to address this man, who seemed to be suffering a great deal. As he started to cry, the king thought to himself for a moment. "General Chang," he said, his words soft and detached, "I once lived in Qi. I know their temperament. The ruling family there is constituted of a bunch of cowards, who seem more intent on land than people."

He cleared his throat slightly. "I imagine that Qi did not want to fight you because of some ability you showed against them. Instead, they ignored you, hoping you would go away. It is one of the defining characteristics of their ruling family, and the state of Qi, perhaps; that they think they are so much better than everyone else that they do not even think of their enemies when they attack. And further, that they tend to attack that they know are weaker than they are.

"While you likely do not know what I speak of, I will give you a current example. The current King of Qi, having been on the throne for perhaps a year now, as seen fit to harass his neighbors out of boredom. He harassed a neighboring king, but instead of fighting him, he chose instead to assault the king's vassal... a woman, in fact. This King of Qi is no different than others in the past. They seek to fight the weak and the unimportant. If they chose not to press an attack against you, they must have thought you would have given them a tough challenge."
101*.87*.44.78.39

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu was worried now. This might be too much for someone who just came out of the confusion of twenty years and realized how much time they'd lost.

She daringly edged in much closer, offering a comforting presence to the side, and in her most empathic tone, said,

"I...I think this might be a good point to just stop and rest. We've just given you too much to consider too fast, and all. No sense adding the thought of maybe helping us protect Yin on top of that. Not today. You can go to one of my bedrooms for the night and mull things over, General..."

She offered a hand to help him up, and added,

"I feel for your loss. I think I would wish to fight with my own men to the death in the same way if I had to..."

Liangyu was, of course, wrapped up in those stories of chivalry she liked to read, but seeing her father's face, she caught herself.

"Not giving ground. No retreat, no surrender...But, then I think about it, and well, Father would probably be sad if that happened, and Mother would weep. I dunno if your soldiers would've sacrificed themselves if they wanted you to die with them...Just maybe..."

Then, she gave a weak smile, and asked,

"Well, need a shoulder to cry on, sir?"
53-108*-34-81-78
Gohu

Post by Gohu »

RuffRydeR wrote: "I stand for? Err...To walk? I don't...um, understand your question. I stand up to do all sorts of things. What does that have to do with a job here?"

Liangyu frowned, quite confused by what he meant with standing for something...
Po Hu grinned slightly. This girl is interesting. "What I mean is what kind of actions do this government believe in? What kind of actions do you like to fight for?"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Gohu wrote: Po Hu grinned slightly. This girl is interesting. "What I mean is what kind of actions do this government believe in? What kind of actions do you like to fight for?"
"We believe in decisive actions! Err...I think...I dunno. I don't do any governing. Father does that. Maybe he would be a better person to talk to. As for me, I only fight people seriously if they do something mean to me or my friends. Though I am up for a practice bout most of the time..."

Liangyu giggled, a little embarassed at her lack of knowledge in that regard...
53-108*-34-81-78
Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

The warrior reached under the girl and picked up his spear, twirling it about and stomping as he rose to his feet.

Chang: Than I shall not be cheated what I deserve! I shall march on Qi and destory it!

He pointed his spear at the 'Prefect' and snarled.

Chang: These cowards will not remain on the earthly plain for long! I will smite this King of Qi, this successor of the Tian lord!

He spun around and took a deep breath, before slumping his shoulders.

Chang: Damn...I don't know where I am...

He slowly turned back around and sighed.

Chang: Uhh...which direction is Qi?
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu was confused as he reached under her, then found herself falling upon her posterior as she tripped over the spear he had hastily yanked up and grabbed

"Oww..."

She proceeded to get back up, rubbing her rear a little, and wincing, not noticing his brave statement, then, when asked where Qi was, she whined,

"Umm...uh...from right here? I...I...Aaah! This isn't one of my tutoring classes. I don't know my directions very well...Father probably would. He once the one who planned the route we took to get from there to here in Yin..."
53-108*-34-81-78
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

The guards were eying the visitor carefully, and when he moved at the King's daughter, they were quick to ready their weapons. Xia Xi himself pushed his chair backwards, wondering what this man might do. The lieutenants in front of him likely pulled out their swords and were preparing themselves for a fight. Yet, as he seemed to calm down, the others relaxed just a bit.

Xia Xi was not amused. "I have lent you troops and have been kind to you thus far," he said, looking down at the man, "and now you insult me by pointing a weapon at me?! Qi is to the northwest. I suggest that you get started on your journey now." He glared at Liangyu. "Stand up, Liangyu! A man who brandishes a weapon in the hall is a threat! If he does not leave on his own, you will have to evict him!" He was wondering what the hell was in her head that a scene like this didn't provoke any sort of worry from her.
101*.87*.44.78.39