Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Yen Ai

"Ah, yes," he replied, as Chen Tan's description of his efforts matched the rough ones he already knew. He thought for a moment, then said, "I suppose the matter is that, in your efforts, you were assisting a Qin vassal in Li Peng. Now, I don't really know anything about the man, but his allegiance could mean something to someone like me. That is, you were essentially working on behalf of the Qin, or, at least, that is how it appears to an outsider. I have a feeling that you weren't so interested in serving the Qin as doing your job, but considering that my kingdom stands outside of the Qin's good graces, it's important for me to hear your own feelings toward them from your mouth, rather than just assuming them."

<hr>
Kirin Rose

"Well, if your self-description is fairly accurate," he said, pausing briefly in the middle, "there would be uses for you both in battle and within the administration, likely putting your talents to work toward the recruitment of others like yourself, although I'm sure there are other possibilities."

He looked down for a moment, unsure how to answer the rest, and fairly uncomfortable doing as such. "I don't guarantee rank or a certain salary to anybody who serves me. I do not know what it is that other lord's offer, so I don't know how it compares to others. As a King, I have a large bureaucracy, so there are many positions available. I would likely place you in the civil sector, but I can't really guess at what position I would give you. I'm not even aware at the moment what positions are available and what could be created in the future to give you. I do pay my officers well, but everyone starts out at a fairly basic number. Once you prove to me your diligence ((i.e., activity)), I will raise those amounts to match the rest. I believe that the average pay rate for my people has raised around 50% over time, and I intend to pay more as time goes on, as rewarding my officers for their duty is really my prime responsibility toward them.

"I suppose that's all I can say about that."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Riding into Zhaoge with his new steed Autumn Wind, the cloaked warrior approached the guards who protected the audience chamber and dismounted before them. Pulling the hood from his head, he then spoke, "Please inform the King of Yin that Shi Guo Xing has returned and requests an audience."
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Nanjun Tiger wrote:Riding into Zhaoge with his new steed Autumn Wind, the cloaked warrior approached the guards who protected the audience chamber and dismounted before them. Pulling the hood from his head, he then spoke, "Please inform the King of Yin that Shi Guo Xing has returned and requests an audience."
"I shall," the attendant replied. "In the meantime, as with your last visit, please give to the guards any weapons you have." Without waiting, the attendant went into the hall.

A few minutes later, he returned and said, "The King is ready to meet with you, if you are ready."
101*.87*.44.78.39

Nanjun Tiger
General

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Unsheathing his blades, he handed them to the guards and waited for the attendant to return. After several minutes he arrived and informed him that the King was ready. Giving a nod, he said, "I am ready. Please, lead the way."
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Nanjun Tiger wrote:Unsheathing his blades, he handed them to the guards and waited for the attendant to return. After several minutes he arrived and informed him that the King was ready. Giving a nod, he said, "I am ready. Please, lead the way."
Shi Guo Xing is led into the hall in a fairly similar fashion as before, except that this time there were no line of peasants; just the random aides and guards hanging out. As they entered into the audience chambers, Xia Xi and his daughter were, again, up behind their desk, speaking with a few attendants who seemed to be around. They were expecting the visitor, though, and Xia Xi smiled to him as he arrived. The attendant bowed to the royal family and said, "Xia Wang, announcing Shi Guo Xing." He moved to the side.

Xi nodded to the visitor and said, "Welcome back, Shi Guo Xing. What news do you have?"
101*.87*.44.78.39

Nanjun Tiger
General

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Bowing politely in turn to Xia Xi and his daughter, Guo Xing cleared his throat before speaking. "Glorious King of Yin... As you know, I have spent many weeks visiting all of the sovereigns who sought out my service. And in the end, becoming a vassal of Your Highness was undoubtedly the only feasible option. I feel that under your guidance, I can aid you in fulfilling your endeavors in this land..."

Giving pause, he then added, "I would be honored to lend my strength to your cause."
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Nanjun Tiger wrote:Bowing politely in turn to Xia Xi and his daughter, Guo Xing cleared his throat before speaking. "Glorious King of Yin... As you know, I have spent many weeks visiting all of the sovereigns who sought out my service. And in the end, becoming a vassal of Your Highness was undoubtedly the only feasible option. I feel that under your guidance, I can aid you in fulfilling your endeavors in this land..."

Giving pause, he then added, "I would be honored to lend my strength to your cause."
He nodded in reply. "And I am honored to have your strength," he replied. "I look forward to what you will do inside of my regime."

Shi Guo Xing has joined Xia Xi! Post in my Officer Information thread for PH access.
101*.87*.44.78.39

jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

Jiang Bao smiled and nodded "I am very much unlearned about the ways of politics my King, your words of wisdom , I would bring it back to my boss and let him know. My boss is aware that he cannot act as he deem fit in Wei, mostly the way he acts is mainly out of self preservation. Much the way, you my king act. Although we cannot quite compare ourselves to your greatness. We are not aligned to anyone at the moment because many other neighbouring lords view us as a direct threat. We would love to align ourselves with a higher power such as yourself or the King of Chu. But again, we lack the necessary clout to even seek an audience with the King of Chu. Therefore we seem to react only to immediate pressures to us."
Yen Ai
Major

Post by Yen Ai »

"I honestly don't care at all. I choose not to involve myself in politics for the way it tends to poison the mind. I'm impressed that you manage to come out with your moral compass intact. If you are at odds with the Qin, it does not make a difference to me. Be they imperial or rebel, I will cut down your enemies all the same." Tan's single eye twitched a little. "I am only driven by my own existance. My word is my Law. You will never see me break it so long as I draw breath." Qiao Mi fidgeted. She didn't like the way he worded it, but it was true. Tan was a man of his word.

"I keep my promises..." His eye shifted over to Liangyu for a brief moment. "I will serve you with all that I am if you wish it." Tan bowed his head in confirmation. Qiao Mi followed suit, "As will I. I go where he does. If he is ready to lay his life down on the line for you, then so am I."
Chen Tan zi 穸的旦 Xīdedàn
Skills:Aid III, Cover II, Jianshu II, Charge II, Pierce.
NPC: Qiao Mi 60-65-86-60-61 Engineer II, Maraud I, Gongshu I, Faze I, Raid I, Rally I, Discipline I

"Remember, there is no 'I' in 'team'"
"Maybe so, sir. But there is a 'M' and an 'E'"
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

jiangbao

"I take no offense to the comparison," he replied. "I have only been a king a few months now. And truly, the situation is similar in some circumstances. In Yin, I was surrounded by the Qin, the Chu, and the Zhao. My armies' foray into Zhao was not really my idea or my intention, and it was not done freely. However, the King of Chu, because of my allegiance to him, has granted me his aid. I was at a point where I could no longer postpone deciding between one of the three lords, and believe I have chosen correctly. While your master does not have people of the same power on his borders, that does not mean that his lands are desired any the less.

"I think, another difference might be that, while in my case I was essentially forced into submission, that is not necessarily the same in your master's case. For instance, if your master and I are able to strengthen our bonds of friendship, I would not seek to force him under me, for some reason or another. A Prefect and a King in alliance seems unequal, but that's more of a decision for the King, I think. As it is, I have no cause to pressure Prefect Liu into, and no desire to claim his lands as my own. Accordingly, any relations we have will be as friendly, independent, and equal as could possibly be."

He looked over to Liangyu briefly, then continued. "But, for the Kingdom of Yin to be allied with another power, we would have to be aware of their stances on many, many important issues, as well as the various lords in the proximity. I'd want to know that we think similarly and have homogeneous goals before I'd be willing to bind myself into some sort of pact or whatever." He smiled weakly, inwardly wondering if his daughter was about to say something random to disrupt the proceedings, as she had been apt to do in the past.

<hr>
Yen Ai

Zhenfeng seemed impressed with the response. Sympathy for the Qin would have been difficult to deal with, and pure hatred for them would have been pandering, and made the man difficult to believe. He smiled warmly at the visitors and said, "So be it. I will trust you, then, to serve me loyally, as you claim to be. Chen Tan, Qiao Mi, I look forward to seeing what you can do in my service."

Chen Tan has joined Xia Xi! Post officer information in my thread for PH access.

<hr>
Nash

Xia Xi was sitting up behind his full-fronted desk on top of the dais at the back of the room, and was speaking with a few lieutenants when the group entered. He nodded to his daughter when she entered, and smiled at the visitor until he said the word 'prefect'. He seemed to be either confused, or a bit behind the times. Maybe it was up to Xia Xi to set him straight.

"Well met, then, General Chang," he replied, seemingly uncaring that general was not his official rank. "I think, however, some things have passed since the events you discuss. I doubt that my daughter was of much help in regards to mentioning that, since she herself is often trapped within her own dream worlds." He gave her a goofy smile, having enjoyed the small dart sent her way. "I am well aware of the situation in the land currently, though. There are a few things to catch up on. First, the Qin managed to conquer the land and unite it behind them. Second, the Qin have since then lost control, as Shihuangdi was truly the tie that kept the fragile empire together, and with his death the land is once again embroiled in chaos, with Qin controlling hardly any land anymore."

Xia Xi thought to mention that the third thing was that his rank was King, not Prefect, but decided against it for now, as the first two matters are fairly important to somebody who has been lost in time.
101*.87*.44.78.39