Nash
Marshal

Post by Nash »

RuffRydeR wrote:"If you say so...Hopefully, Father won't get miffed..."

Liangyu followed him, and took him through the entrance, and asked,

"Father! Are you here?"

Spying him at the desk, she giggled, and added,

"Oh Father! I brought the General Chang I was talking about! He's here..."
The man bearing bright glistening bronze armor, polished almost to the luster of gold, bearing a sack of various salted and smoked meats on one hip and a cluster of knives on the other. He broadened his shoulders with a slow inhale of breath as he came to a stop and stauntly bowed his head while he saluted the man before him.

Chang: Prefect...

He suddenly stopped, becoming rigid as a stone, he'd neglected to either ever ask the man's name or at least hadn't remember it if the girl had ever said her own full name to him. Come to think of it, he couldn't remember her name anyway, either.

Chang: *Ahem* Lord Prefect, I am known simply as General Chang by the people of Yin province, although my official rank under King Ying of Qin is as a Cavalry Captain. I was formerly a Fort Commander stationed within Yin province, tasked with preventing Lord Tian Jian's advances from Qi until the kingdom of Zhao could be fully conquered. I have been asked by your daughter to come present myself to you, and so have come to...

He hesitated for a moment, again, he still didn't know where he was.

Chang: ...your, uhh, fine city.
Xun Ruishi (46) 90-72*-60-36-51 Military Administrator II, Jianshu I, Wall II, Rupture II, Envelop I
Followers:
Chao Shi (39) 43-95-44-62-72 Decoy II, Diplomat I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Scribe I, Qiangshu I, Entangle I
Ye Zhuo (23) 83-57-88-65-58 Charge I, Rally I, Entrench I, Rupture I, Haste I, Artisan I

Also Portraying: Zhang Han, Kuai Tong, and Fan Kuai; with a dash of Fu Tong for flavor.
Xe
Miss Pretty

Post by Xe »

"Unifying the land is always the utmost concern. I shall not deny my skills are lacking in the fields of politics." He stopped, thinking for a second. "I my end comes on the battlefield, I pray it is defending your honor, milord." He said, bowing again.
Guan Xiuying, 15, Female
41-44-73-57-108*
Diplomat II, Doctor, Engineer II, Politician II, Propagandist

[23:26] <Aleksandr> The way you get a GF is be like
[23:26] <Aleksandr> Bitch, I don't smell dinner cooking
[23:27] <@Kern> I've gotten all my girlfriends with my welding skill, and some Roofies.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

((Response to Nash is waiting on confirmation of something.))

jiangbao

Zhenfeng thought for a moment. "That's curious that so many would have interest in you," he replied. "I do wonder who those people might be. It would seem that, if it were not the Emperor in Henan, it would have to be somebody who was not near you currently, since all of the neighboring administrators have come to power in a similar timeline as you have."

He paused for a moment, then spoke, but with sure and detached words. "I am aware of a couple of groups in the land who are using very aggressive forms of diplomacy to try and get what they want. Such poorly-veiled ambition is truly grotesque to me." He let out a small laugh, but it was devoid of merriment. "I suppose, though, that in your position, you are going to have to have a hard time standing alone. Even though the largest powers in the land currently are either not near you or are distracted by others, that does not mean that Wei province is being left for you to do with as you wish. In time, your master is going to have to pledge allegiance to some cause or someone other than himself, I imagine. It's going to be up to your master to decide if he is going to choose his master or have his master chosen for him."

He took a deep breath and said, "Even I, a King, am beholden to another. I cannot act freely without the King of Chu's blessing. For just as the power and strength that comes from controlling Wei province will assist you, it would assist another who might need that power to fight their enemies, regardless of who started their conflict. If the King of Chu thought I was not assisting him, he might choose to attempt and remove me from my territory in Yin, since that territory is worthwhile for someone like him."

After a short pause, he smiled and said, "Not that I mean to lecture the Prefect's envoy about such things. However, those who threaten people for service often do so because they do not have the means to back up their threats, or do not intent on using them. Bringing someone to your side through shared ideals or shared rewards is a much more effective way of securing a real friendship and a real alliance. I'm sure the Prefect also thinks this, since he has come to me as somebody who has not threatened him."

<hr>
Yen Ai

There seemed to be something going on in the room that Xia Xi just did not get. He paused for a bit, wondering what, exactly, the two were talking about. All he knew is that he did not like it when his daughter hid such things from him. And the response of the other was worrisome, as well. Recent events have led Zhenfeng to question the judgment of his daughter, who seemed more intent on trying to play up to her title as daughter of the King instead of playing to the title of General.

He followed the pattern and cleared his throat, then said, "While I sympathize with those under you, I am not a boarding house. Neither am I interested in soliciting the help of those whose intention toward me is temporary service. I have to know what you mean by this. If you only choose to stay here for a while, I want to know what might lead you away. One of the things I value most, and reward appropriately, is the loyalty of my officers. If I were to employ you only 'for a while', I don't know how I could use you, because I would not have confidence that you would be there the next month, and the month after, and so on. I know that any of my kingdom might choose to leave me, but I trust that they will not. I hope that you understand why this is important to me."

<hr>
Kirin Rose

"By former King of Zhao," Zhenfeng replied, "do you refer to the man I am warring with in Zhao currently?"

((Sorry for shortness, but there's little else to add to a question, heh.))

<hr>
Xe

He looked at the young man with a humored look in his eyes. He said, "Well, then, Zhen Sai, I will accept you. I look forward to what you will do within my kingdom."

Zhen Sai has joined Xia Xi! Post in my OI thread for PH access.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Kirin Rose
Sergeant
Location: "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Post by Kirin Rose »

Xiang Zhuang:

Ridd Ler nodded in reply, giving off a small sigh. "That would be the one my lord, to be honest, they were more propagandist's for the king you could say, but due to there ill-natured skills, they were disliked by many, the rumors they spread angered many Lords. So one night, a few years ago, they were murdered by assassins in their sleep, we still do not know who ordered the assassination." He ended, letting out another sigh, shaking his head lightly.

"Thankfully, I did not study in their exact skill of propaganda, or I am sure the same fate would befall on me." He added, stroking his charcoal beard.
Jin Taozu; Modified Stats: 68-31-91*-59-46* // Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Scribe II
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Kirin Rose wrote:Xiang Zhuang:

Ridd Ler nodded in reply, giving off a small sigh. "That would be the one my lord, to be honest, they were more propagandist's for the king you could say, but due to there ill-natured skills, they were disliked by many, the rumors they spread angered many Lords. So one night, a few years ago, they were murdered by assassins in their sleep, we still do not know who ordered the assassination." He ended, letting out another sigh, shaking his head lightly.

"Thankfully, I did not study in their exact skill of propaganda, or I am sure the same fate would befall on me." He added, stroking his charcoal beard.
"Curious," he replied. It would seem that, perhaps, those of the state of Zhao are placing their support behind him in increasing numbers. He smiled and said, "I believe I know enough about you to trust you if you desire service. I wonder, though, what questions you might have of me yet."
101*.87*.44.78.39

Yen Ai
Major

Post by Yen Ai »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Yen Ai

There seemed to be something going on in the room that Xia Xi just did not get. He paused for a bit, wondering what, exactly, the two were talking about. All he knew is that he did not like it when his daughter hid such things from him. And the response of the other was worrisome, as well. Recent events have led Zhenfeng to question the judgment of his daughter, who seemed more intent on trying to play up to her title as daughter of the King instead of playing to the title of General.

He followed the pattern and cleared his throat, then said, "While I sympathize with those under you, I am not a boarding house. Neither am I interested in soliciting the help of those whose intention toward me is temporary service. I have to know what you mean by this. If you only choose to stay here for a while, I want to know what might lead you away. One of the things I value most, and reward appropriately, is the loyalty of my officers. If I were to employ you only 'for a while', I don't know how I could use you, because I would not have confidence that you would be there the next month, and the month after, and so on. I know that any of my kingdom might choose to leave me, but I trust that they will not. I hope that you understand why this is important to me."
Tan laughed a bit, as if he was reprimanding himself for overlooking something. "I suppose I did not specify. These men and women, who were soldiers in my little force, would be yours to command instead. I would rather they serve someone who has a future. I would hope that you would not mind extra troops to add to your forces." Qiao Mi added, "You would also be given the armor and mounts we have acquired. They are of decent quality, for a soldier to do his or her job." It wasn't clear if they were trying to make a point of including the female soldiers when they reffered to their troops, or if they were just used to saying it.

"As for myself? I am no longer a mercenary. I cannot lead these people into slaughter with no real purpose. If I were to be under your command, it would be permanent unless you decide I am no longer needed. I can't say for sure, but I imagine your daughter's intention was to have me serve. Or something along those lines." Tan gestured to Mi beside him, "If you wish it, Both her and I will serve till our last breaths, however soon that may come." There was a slight pause. "This is not like last time." The last statement caused Qiao Mi to give him a confused look, but she didn't voice her questions.

((Well, it's more like 1900 soldiers now thanks to the PT, but.. yeah. ^.^; )
Chen Tan zi 穸的旦 Xīdedàn
Skills:Aid III, Cover II, Jianshu II, Charge II, Pierce.
NPC: Qiao Mi 60-65-86-60-61 Engineer II, Maraud I, Gongshu I, Faze I, Raid I, Rally I, Discipline I

"Remember, there is no 'I' in 'team'"
"Maybe so, sir. But there is a 'M' and an 'E'"
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Yen Ai wrote:Tan laughed a bit, as if he was reprimanding himself for overlooking something. "I suppose I did not specify. These men and women, who were soldiers in my little force, would be yours to command instead. I would rather they serve someone who has a future. I would hope that you would not mind extra troops to add to your forces." Qiao Mi added, "You would also be given the armor and mounts we have acquired. They are of decent quality, for a soldier to do his or her job." It wasn't clear if they were trying to make a point of including the female soldiers when they reffered to their troops, or if they were just used to saying it.

"As for myself? I am no longer a mercenary. I cannot lead these people into slaughter with no real purpose. If I were to be under your command, it would be permanent unless you decide I am no longer needed. I can't say for sure, but I imagine your daughter's intention was to have me serve. Or something along those lines." Tan gestured to Mi beside him, "If you wish it, Both her and I will serve till our last breaths, however soon that may come." There was a slight pause. "This is not like last time." The last statement caused Qiao Mi to give him a confused look, but she didn't voice her questions.

((Well, it's more like 1900 soldiers now thanks to the PT, but.. yeah. ^.^; )
A bit of relief came over Xi as the visitor spoke. "That sounds more acceptable, then," he said, smiling at the two. "There is, perhaps, one other thing I'd like to know. While the lifestyle of a mercenary, as I believe you have described yourself to be, tends to involve private matters that I would not ask about, I am curious about some of your past public associations. I don't intend on holding those against you, but would like to know what lords you have served recently. Your name seems a tad familiar to me for some reason, although I can't say that I have a lot of information regarding the wars to the west." He nodded to the two, as his words indicated he might know more than what he's said.
101*.87*.44.78.39

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

"Oh! Your last breaths won't come soon! I don't think so..."

Liangyu tried to put a cheery spin on things, but failed miserably. Smiling awkwardly, she noted,

"Yes, that was what I was hoping for, Sir Chen. And Father...they were in Sai. I think they fought there..."

Then, she turned again to the man, and confused, asked,

"Um...what do you mean 'not like last time'?"
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Yen Ai
Major

Post by Yen Ai »

Chen Tan laughed his low, slightly evil sounding laugh, "I hope it won't for my friend here at least." He patted Qiao Mi on the shoulder who looked extremely uncomfortable right about now. "Don't mind what I say. I tend to be a bit more morbid than what most people would like." Mi looked like she couldn't agree more.

"Huh... Well I'm flattered then. But yes.." He turned to Xi, "I didn't start out doing jobs for lords. Back when my troop number was significantly smaller, I would be hired be militias and such for pre-emptive attacks on bandit camps or for guarding a caravan. Li Peng recently hired me twice. Once to take the town of Anling for him to control and the second to repel that little girl's invasion of the entire Sai province." Of course, by 'little girl' he was referring to Riu Jiao Jin. "I'm happy to say that I've yet to fail a job." He paused, "I suppose I wouldn't be standing here now though if I ever did though."

At Liangyu's question, he sidestepped it, "That reminds me... I have something to give you that slipped my mind last time we met. Perhaps after this meeting is done." Mi nudged Tan and whispered something in his ear, to which Tan rolled his eye. "No, I don't care. It's not my concern." Mi sighed in frustration.
Chen Tan zi 穸的旦 Xīdedàn
Skills:Aid III, Cover II, Jianshu II, Charge II, Pierce.
NPC: Qiao Mi 60-65-86-60-61 Engineer II, Maraud I, Gongshu I, Faze I, Raid I, Rally I, Discipline I

"Remember, there is no 'I' in 'team'"
"Maybe so, sir. But there is a 'M' and an 'E'"
Kirin Rose
Sergeant
Location: "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Post by Kirin Rose »

Xiang Zhuang wrote: "Curious," he replied. It would seem that, perhaps, those of the state of Zhao are placing their support behind him in increasing numbers. He smiled and said, "I believe I know enough about you to trust you if you desire service. I wonder, though, what questions you might have of me yet."
Giving off a small nod of appreciation, he stroked his beard once more, pondering for a question, "Aw yes, there is something I was wondering about, what exactly would I be doing for you if I did work for you? What can you offer me that other lords cannot? I've been to many Prefects and Marquis' saying they have need of my skills, but they only wish to rage across the land, they don't say it openly, but I know that is what they want. Though I know war is inevitable at this day in age, and I would gladly aid your cause, though I cannot do much with a sword, I can still hurt the moral of the enemy."

In crossing his arms, Ridd Ler continued, "My question is basically this, what can I do, and what rank within your majestic kingdom will I be bestowed upon?"
Jin Taozu; Modified Stats: 68-31-91*-59-46* // Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Scribe II