Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:((Goo, sorry for sucking in response.))

See Wichai

"Well," he said, "I don't actually know anything about you, so I wouldn't know what to ask. How about you tell me some things about yourself, and we'll see where it goes."
Jing Yun bowed to the king, "I hailed from the province of Huainan and my family consists of myself, my mother and father. We were farmers and prior to that, our family clan works for the Yan state during the Warring States Period. After the failed assassination of the First Qin Emperor by one of our relatives... the Emperor had ordered a mass execution of our clan. That is how my family ended up becoming farmers. Only recently, while we a family of three were contented living a simple life, renegade Qin soldiers plundered our village and murdered my family. I had no where to go when I received a few letters of invitation. Other than the letter which the princess had sent, another came from the Marquis of Huainan, Lady Yi Lian."
Qian Yen (千眼) (26) 60-71*-89*-65-50 | Confuse II, Gongshu II, Poison II, Spy II

[暗兵]
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

trippy

Xia Xi scratched at his chin. "While I believe you on these matters," he replied, "the thing is, I have officers who can do more than what you suggested. If I were to pay you an increased salary on account of those things, I would have to increase their salaries even further, since they could do more."

He paused for a moment, then added, "Nevermind that I have officers dedicated to tax collection, who bring me in large amounts of money, officers in charge of general recruitment, who gather the troops for my forces, officers in charge of drilling troops, construction experts, excellent officer recruiters, and so forth. I do not alter their pay specifically because they can do a little bit more for me than another. That isn't to say they are not incredibly valuable, but, well, it's too much to work around, especially considering people are not always contributing to the same projects.

"I feel that you are expecting something out of me that I do not do. That is, I do not pay my salaries based on how well they do one specific thing, as if that specific thing is more important than another specific thing. Rather, I pay them based on loyalty. That is more important to me than anything, and I reward those who, over a period of time, have invested much into my administration. That's what's most important to me."

<hr>
See Wichai

"Ah, I see," he replied. "So your family was a family of outlaws, at least, of a nation ruled by Qin. But now that I carry this title, I am obviously anti-Qin, and therefore somebody safe to approach. That's fairly intelligent of you." He smiled a bit in his goofy manner. "I haven't heard much of the Marquis of Huainan, Jing Yun. What do you think of her? All I know is that she has been quite aggressive in her expansion and has been using a lot of bandit forces that seem to spring out of nowhere to accomplish her victories. This is quite unusual to me. It's almost as if she has no true goal to her actions, although, perhaps, the south isn't what she desires."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
trippy
Colonel

Post by trippy »

The barbarian turned to the princess.

Strange Princess General, your father does not bargain. I must go elsewhere. In your smelly letter you said we might be friends. Maybe in another life.

The barbarian left the hall, took his horse and rode off.
Chuluun Sukh
67-107*-36-78-44
Jianshu II Qianshu III Smith II Challenge I Trainer I Charge II Javelin,
Horse Helm (Might +4), Billhook (Might +7), Armor (Might +7), horse (speed +5)
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Xiang Zhuang wrote: See Wichai
"Ah, I see," he replied. "So your family was a family of outlaws, at least, of a nation ruled by Qin. But now that I carry this title, I am obviously anti-Qin, and therefore somebody safe to approach. That's fairly intelligent of you." He smiled a bit in his goofy manner. "I haven't heard much of the Marquis of Huainan, Jing Yun. What do you think of her? All I know is that she has been quite aggressive in her expansion and has been using a lot of bandit forces that seem to spring out of nowhere to accomplish her victories. This is quite unusual to me. It's almost as if she has no true goal to her actions, although, perhaps, the south isn't what she desires."
Jing Yun bowed and smiled, "Thank you, your Majesty for the praise." Standing straight, "To be honest with you, I was about to offer my service to the Marquis of Huainan when I received the letter from the Princess. With regards of your question about the Marquis...." Jing Yun paced abit and used his index finger to tap on his chin. "I don't know much of his intention but one thing for sure is that only Liang or Chu provinces stands between both of you. There are many new upstarts claiming territories around you. Even both of you are the foremost super powers... but it doesn't guarantee that they will not attack both of you. What I feel in my humble opinion... Your Majesty is a benevolent ruler and will benefit the people of China...."

Jing Yun stopped pacing and face directly to Xia Xi, "As for the Marquis of Huainan, I heard he is not a tyrant that is something good enough for me... I would feel very sad if either one of you are being attacked. Therefore I would suggest that it will be prudent if both of you are able to come to a common understanding and to forge an ironclad alliance. Where in times of need both of you would assist and send reinforcement to aid one another.... and in times of expansion..." Jing Yun smiled, "I believe your Majesty is a intelligent person and would not need me to explain further on the benefit of alliance between both of you."

Jing Yun continued, "I was hoping to see the Marquis of Huainan after my visit here." Jing Yun finished what he have to say to see what is the reaction of Xia Xi.

[暗兵]
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

See Wichai wrote:Jing Yun bowed and smiled, "Thank you, your Majesty for the praise." Standing straight, "To be honest with you, I was about to offer my service to the Marquis of Huainan when I received the letter from the Princess. With regards of your question about the Marquis...." Jing Yun paced abit and used his index finger to tap on his chin. "I don't know much of his intention but one thing for sure is that only Liang or Chu provinces stands between both of you. There are many new upstarts claiming territories around you. Even both of you are the foremost super powers... but it doesn't guarantee that they will not attack both of you. What I feel in my humble opinion... Your Majesty is a benevolent ruler and will benefit the people of China...."

Jing Yun stopped pacing and face directly to Xia Xi, "As for the Marquis of Huainan, I heard he is not a tyrant that is something good enough for me... I would feel very sad if either one of you are being attacked. Therefore I would suggest that it will be prudent if both of you are able to come to a common understanding and to forge an ironclad alliance. Where in times of need both of you would assist and send reinforcement to aid one another.... and in times of expansion..." Jing Yun smiled, "I believe your Majesty is a intelligent person and would not need me to explain further on the benefit of alliance between both of you."

Jing Yun continued, "I was hoping to see the Marquis of Huainan after my visit here." Jing Yun finished what he have to say to see what is the reaction of Xia Xi.
"I suppose we could enter into some dialogue," he replied, "although it'd be difficult. If I would, I would either make Xiang Kai or the King of Chu suspicious. I can't imagine that the Marquis of Huainan could do anything to either, though. She would be fearsome, indeed, if she could challenge their power!"

He paused for a moment, then said, "I appreciate your advice, and your compliments. If you feel the need to visit the Marquis yourself, that is fine. I would desire to meet you again at some point, though."
101*.87*.44.78.39

Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:
"I suppose we could enter into some dialogue, I would desire to meet you again at some point, though."
Jing Yun bowed respectfully to the King of Yin province. "It is my honour and the good karma that I have reaped my past life to meet your Majesty. I am very glad for the people of Yin to have a good ruler to lead them though I can't say the same for the rest." Jing Yun smiled and gave a short bow, "It all takes a letter or a messenger to reach me if your Majesty ever needs to see me. I'll be here in a jiffy. Perhaps if it pleases you. I would like to take my leave of your Majesty to journey to Huainan."

[暗兵]
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Gohu wrote: Po Hu drinks the wine. He set his duffle next to him. "No, I have not decided. I am here because you sent for me. I am seeing all of the ones that I want to meet right now. You wrote me the letter and asked me to come here. So here I am. You're offering me a job, but I don't even know who I'm working for. What do you stand for?"
"I stand for? Err...To walk? I don't...um, understand your question. I stand up to do all sorts of things. What does that have to do with a job here?"

Liangyu frowned, quite confused by what he meant with standing for something...
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

See Wichai wrote:Jing Yun bowed respectfully to the King of Yin province. "It is my honour and the good karma that I have reaped my past life to meet your Majesty. I am very glad for the people of Yin to have a good ruler to lead them though I can't say the same for the rest." Jing Yun smiled and gave a short bow, "It all takes a letter or a messenger to reach me if your Majesty ever needs to see me. I'll be here in a jiffy. Perhaps if it pleases you. I would like to take my leave of your Majesty to journey to Huainan."
"Yes, you may go," he replied. "I look forward to seeing you again."
101*.87*.44.78.39

AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Ying Angdun looks att he man before him this King of Yin, he hopes that this man at least will see and notice his nobility and perhaps, allow him to attain some rank and power deserving to him due to his lineage.

"Indeed Your Majesty, My trip was quite pleasent I infact on the way put some finishing touches to the latest of my treatises on the art of plots and its history. I assume Your Majesty you have noticed how I share a surname with the Kings of the Qin, and I am in fact related to that line i am the grandson of Qin Huangdi's fathers younger brother, so a second cousing to the Ying's currently in power. I come here in the hopes that a place might be found within your state for me. I come here as it is not under the sway of the brothers at war."
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

AaronH229 wrote:Ying Angdun looks att he man before him this King of Yin, he hopes that this man at least will see and notice his nobility and perhaps, allow him to attain some rank and power deserving to him due to his lineage.

"Indeed Your Majesty, My trip was quite pleasent I infact on the way put some finishing touches to the latest of my treatises on the art of plots and its history. I assume Your Majesty you have noticed how I share a surname with the Kings of the Qin, and I am in fact related to that line i am the grandson of Qin Huangdi's fathers younger brother, so a second cousing to the Ying's currently in power. I come here in the hopes that a place might be found within your state for me. I come here as it is not under the sway of the brothers at war."
Xia Xi was a bit nervous of the man's relation. He said, "It is curious that you have come to me, then, considering my rank and position. Being declared the King of Yin without the approval of the Emperor in Henan or the King in Han means that I am likely considered a traitor by one or both. I would seem to think that, as a relative of Shihuangdi, you would seem to have some issue with that. Also, if you were to join in my service, you would be considered an enemy of the state just as I am. Is that acceptable to you, too?"
101*.87*.44.78.39