Fei Lak's Audience Hall - Shanggu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Spike wrote:
Mikal wrote:The guards look the warrior over, raising an eyebrow.

"And who would your brother be?"
Zhao replied, "My name is Zhao Feng. I have never met him, but I was told that my brother's name was Zhao Khan. There is a Zhao Khan serving in this kingdom, is there not?"
The guards both look at each other, confused. They look at the man... a slight resemblance perhaps, though not as tall. Older... shrugging, one of the guards motions for Feng to wait there, while the other summons a messenger.

A few minutes later a tall, powerfully built man approaches, wearing immaculate heavy golden armor, bearing motifs of foreign gods and battles, his head encased in a helm, a blade sheathed at his side, and several soldiers behind him. He stands, looking at the new arrival.

"You... claim to be my brother?"
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Spike
Colonel

Post by Spike »

Mikal wrote:The guards both look at each other, confused. They look at the man... a slight resemblance perhaps, though not as tall. Older... shrugging, one of the guards motions for Feng to wait there, while the other summons a messenger.

A few minutes later a tall, powerfully built man approaches, wearing immaculate heavy golden armor, bearing motifs of foreign gods and battles, his head encased in a helm, a blade sheathed at his side, and several soldiers behind him. He stands, looking at the new arrival.

"You... claim to be my brother?"
Even though he had been the one to seek his brother out, nothing could have prepared Feng for seeing the man that now stood in front of him. It was unmistakable. The man had his father's chiseled jaw and his mother's eyes, which he had as well. But nothing made Feng more sure that the man standing in front of him was his brother than the fine set of armor he wore.

His adoptive parents had always spoken highly of his father, who was a warrior that had grown famous for his legendary black suit of armor, The Armor of the Black Dragon. Before his father's capture, he had handed over his armor to his step-parents to be given to Feng when he became of age.

When his adoptive parents had received news, years later, that Feng's actual mother had given birth to another son, they had also received news that, in secrecy, his father had had made another suit of armor--this one a lustrous gold. Feng knew immediately it must be true. This was his father's second legendary suit of armor. And this was his brother, Zhao Khan.

"Yes...I am Zhao Feng," Feng answered breathlessly, but it was the only thing he could think to say.

((I added a bit to the history. Let me know what you think. If there's something you think needs changed, I will edit it.))
Last edited by Spike on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yue Shang (23) 69-108*-25*-73-56*
Skills: Jianshu II, Gongshu II, Qiangshu II, Charge, Delay, Challenge*
Items Equipped: Spear of Fuchai (+3 Might, Challenge*), Helmet (+7 Might), Armor (+7 Might), Text of the Two Worlds (+1 Int, +1 Charisma), Sapphire Pendant (+3 Charisma), Throwing Knives, Horse (+1 Speed)
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

(OOC: it requires me to change my background a little. I originally FOUND this armor after being attacked. But having dad actually forge it and tell me where it was hidden... yes. that works well. Also works with my current RPing im doing. The armor I have is "meteoric iron"+gold used to soften it and allow it to be forged. im now seeking out how to forge said metal, having found more, into a blade to match! anywho)

"I see. And... how can I help you?" he asked curiously, looking the man over curiously. Fine armor. Almost looks like mine, he thinks to himself.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Spike
Colonel

Post by Spike »

Mikal wrote:(OOC: it requires me to change my background a little. I originally FOUND this armor after being attacked. But having dad actually forge it and tell me where it was hidden... yes. that works well. Also works with my current RPing im doing. The armor I have is "meteoric iron"+gold used to soften it and allow it to be forged. im now seeking out how to forge said metal, having found more, into a blade to match! anywho)

"I see. And... how can I help you?" he asked curiously, looking the man over curiously. Fine armor. Almost looks like mine, he thinks to himself.
"You were not born here, if I'm not mistaken," Feng answered, feeling as though his brother was not convinced. "Your parents were prisoners. And that armor...it was your father's, wasn't it? OUR father's?"
Items Equipped: Spear of Fuchai (+3 Might, Challenge*), Helmet (+7 Might), Armor (+7 Might), Text of the Two Worlds (+1 Int, +1 Charisma), Sapphire Pendant (+3 Charisma), Throwing Knives, Horse (+1 Speed)
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Spike wrote:
Mikal wrote:(OOC: it requires me to change my background a little. I originally FOUND this armor after being attacked. But having dad actually forge it and tell me where it was hidden... yes. that works well. Also works with my current RPing im doing. The armor I have is "meteoric iron"+gold used to soften it and allow it to be forged. im now seeking out how to forge said metal, having found more, into a blade to match! anywho)

"You were not born here, if I'm not mistaken," Feng answered, feeling as though his brother was not convinced. "Your parents were prisoners. And that armor...it was your father's, wasn't it? OUR father's?"
"Yes... I was born in the West, and this armor was... did you say our father?"
He looks at the man, noticing for the first time the resemblance between them, and the crest upon the man's armor.

"...Feng?"
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Spike
Colonel

Post by Spike »

Mikal wrote:"Yes... I was born in the West, and this armor was... did you say our father?"
He looks at the man, noticing for the first time the resemblance between them, and the crest upon the man's armor.

"...Feng?"
Zhao grinned. He was apparently getting through to him.

"Yes," he said, "I am Zhao Feng, and this armor that I wear is the Armor of the Black Dragon. It was our father's first legendary suit of armor--the first of two. You wear the second."
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

"I... I... but it was impossible. They said you had died, my fathers friends dying with so many others in that bandit raid. That was why he left the Middle Kingdom with mother.... How did you survive?"

Khans eyes were wide, looking over his older brother.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Spike
Colonel

Post by Spike »

Mikal wrote:"I... I... but it was impossible. They said you had died, my fathers friends dying with so many others in that bandit raid. That was why he left the Middle Kingdom with mother.... How did you survive?"

Khans eyes were wide, looking over his older brother.
"You'll come to find that, apparently like yourself, I have been a survivor from an early age. When I was a baby, and our parents saw that our village was being attacked, they knew it was a futile effort to fight. But our father, the brave man that he was, handed off his precious armor and myself to our parents' best friends. Our father stood in faught to give them time to escape with me.

Years later, the village I had learned to call home, in Changshan, was also attacked by raiders. By this time, I had become a man and had received the armor that our father had left me. I used it to take my first life and many others after that. But my adoptive parents did not survive that brutal attack. I was the village's sole survivor.

From that point on, I moved around a lot, making money however I could. I soon discovered that I had a true knack for fighting, and I became a fighter-for-hire. I eventually found myself employed by the Brotherhood, under Lao Wang Zi, and that is where I learned that my brother had returned to this land and was fighting here, serving in the kingdom of Fei Lak."
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

"By the gods... it has to be true. Only a Zhao could wear your armor... or mine."

With that, Khan ran forward, embracing his brother with tears in his eyes.

"I... am finally not alone!"

The guards cheered, happy for the man who had recently become their commander.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Spike
Colonel

Post by Spike »

Mikal wrote:"By the gods... it has to be true. Only a Zhao could wear your armor... or mine."

With that, Khan ran forward, embracing his brother with tears in his eyes.

"I... am finally not alone!"

The guards cheered, happy for the man who had recently become their commander.
Feng returned his brother's embrace. It felt strange to him. He had not been hugged by anyone since the death of his foster parents, but this felt right.

"No, brother," he said, amazed how much taller his 'little brother' was than him. "Neither one of us will be alone again. The Brothers Zhao are united at last!"