Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

trippy
Colonel

Post by trippy »

A barbarian rides to the gates of Zhaoge. He tosses a letter to the guards.

Is your Marshal Xia act as womanly as his letters? What slayer of men and rider of horses would send such a note

The letter smells of perfume and bears the mark of Xia Gongzhu.

If he wants to be mounted by a stallion, why does he seek the great barbarian instead of becoming a eunuch? Have him come meet me.
Chuluun Sukh
67-107*-36-78-44
Jianshu II Qianshu III Smith II Challenge I Trainer I Charge II Javelin,
Horse Helm (Might +4), Billhook (Might +7), Armor (Might +7), horse (speed +5)
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

The guard looks at him, puzzled.

"Marshal Xia? Err...We don't have a Marshal Xia...though we do have a General Xia...And she, yes she, would be sending such a note because she is female, not male. Obviously, no male would bear the title of Princess. She is also the daughter of the king, his gongzhu, as noted, in fact, hence the title...But, I'll have her come to the gate, if you wish. I think she's busy with training, so it might annoy her. Would you like that, sire?"
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
trippy
Colonel

Post by trippy »

The barbarian looked puzzled.

Woman? Princess? Daughter? A woman recruits xiongnu? Your characters are strange to me. Bring her forth if she wishes to speak. I am no sire. I am a free man.
Chuluun Sukh
67-107*-36-78-44
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

trippy wrote:The barbarian looked puzzled.

Woman? Princess? Daughter? A woman recruits xiongnu? Your characters are strange to me. Bring her forth if she wishes to speak. I am no sire. I am a free man.
"Yes, a woman."

He then turns to his companion, and says,

"Go see if you can find Lady Xia. A visitor wishes to meet her. He's come from far afield..."

The man knew the Xiongnu just didn't come from anywhere near Yin. As they waited, he asked,

"Would you like a place to sit on. The princess likes to take her sweet time sometim-"

"Who's here?"

The guard shrugs to the man,

"Guess not this time..."

The princess had appeared from behind the walls, and she repeats her question to the stranger,

"Yes. Who are you? I'm the Lady Xia, Princess of Yin. General, as well."
53-108*-34-81-78
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Li Dao Wen

"Nah, I might complain, but this is no big deal," he said, smiling goofy. "Again, I do it basically because I'm bored. I have such excellent support that I can indulge myself in these sorts of efforts. I suppose that, as I rise in position, such things will not be as necessary anymore."

He leaned back in his chair and seemed to do a half-stretch. "And, further, perhaps what you see as a lack of ambition is a product of my disdain for being seen as ambitious. The sort of person who goes around telling people about all of their great plans and how great they are and all they can do for this or that... well, those sorts are annoying beyond belief. I should know; I'm related to a few of them. Nobles have a habit of thinking too much of themselves. I prefer to leave my actions as proof of my ability."
OOC: Sorry for the long time comin.. Been busy with Uni.. :oops:

"Then I salute you, Lord Xia." he replied to the last statement of the lord of Yin, "Such men are indeed worthy of praise. Too many today are despotic and hypocritical. I am happy to find you different from all the others."

He nodded slightly, pulling back the heavy gauntlets in his hand to tighen its hold around his arm. His bones crackled with strength as he did. He did not know what to say next however, and stayed silent while waiting for further words from either the Lord Xia or his bubbly daughter Gongzhu.
Shang Yu, strategist and miser

Formerly:

Xun Jiang the Black Ogre, King of Yan
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Li Dao Wen wrote:OOC: Sorry for the long time comin.. Been busy with Uni.. :oops:

"Then I salute you, Lord Xia." he replied to the last statement of the lord of Yin, "Such men are indeed worthy of praise. Too many today are despotic and hypocritical. I am happy to find you different from all the others."

He nodded slightly, pulling back the heavy gauntlets in his hand to tighen its hold around his arm. His bones crackled with strength as he did. He did not know what to say next however, and stayed silent while waiting for further words from either the Lord Xia or his bubbly daughter Gongzhu.
Zhenfeng nodded in return. "Well, praise me if you must," he said, cracking a goofy smile. "Anyway, are there any questions you have of me yet? I believe I have learned all that I need to know about you to know that I would be willing to offer you service if you desired it."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

Nodding, he smiled back at the silly one the ruler offered him.

The offer part however, was something he forgot to think about prior, and he was put in a rather perplexing situation. Not the most materialistic person, he thought hard for a few moments, but could not come up with a good question.

"Well.." he began slowly, "I.. can't say that I have any more questions for you Lord Xia, since you have perfectly made clear all your intentions to me. However.." he said, as he turned his eyes to his daughter Lady Xia, "For Lady Xia, I have a question. Or a request rather if you would put it."

Not the most bellicose person in the world, he needed a lot of courage to say his next words. However they came out as smoothly as he would have wanted.

"Would you grant me the honor of a duel, Lady Gongzhu? I have heard many stories about both your beauty and your prowess, and it would honor me to no end if you would consider me a worthy opponent."

He bowed before both of them, as if to show his respect. The truth is, he was a little ashamed of what he had said. However, the die has been cast, and though he was a man who hated his talents he was a proud warrior still.

Formerly:

trippy
Colonel

Post by trippy »

RuffRydeR wrote: "Guess not this time..."

The princess had appeared from behind the walls, and she repeats her question to the stranger,

"Yes. Who are you? I'm the Lady Xia, Princess of Yin. General, as well."
The barbarian's look of confusion grows as he sees the princess.

Is this some game? Are you playing at confusing the northerner? Why would one as you request one of me? What does a princess want with a barbarian besides escape from her kingdom. Do you want to ride away?

He points to the letter in the hand of the guard

Did you write this? Why?
Chuluun Sukh
67-107*-36-78-44
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Li Dao Wen wrote:"Then I salute you, Lord Xia." he replied to the last statement of the lord of Yin, "Such men are indeed worthy of praise. Too many today are despotic and hypocritical. I am happy to find you different from all the others."

"Really? All... I didn't know Father was that special..."

Then, she frowned a bit. She'd gotten to know and even befriend a few other city leaders, and thinking of them as despotic and hypocritical was rather...unnerving for the little lady. Confused, she asked,

"Wait, did you say all?"

Ruffling her hair, the young Gongzhu grumbled,

"I actually like some of the other leaders..."
trippy wrote: He points to the letter in the hand of the guard

Did you write this? Why?
"Well, Father told me we rather needed some warriors and generals, especially warriors aside from myself. Though I guess I don't look much in that way, but I can put up something of a fight."

Taking the letter, she made sure it was one of hers and nodded,

"Yes, I wrote this. I don't really have a qualms about who helps us here, as long as they work well for their pay. Barbarian or not, I don't mind. I've gotten to know a few nomads in my own travels."

She looked the man up and down, sizing him up...

"So, you're a warrior, right? You're the kind of guy we'd need. I think it always gives my Father jitters when he has to have me go risk myself as his champion on the battlefield instead of some veteran fighter."
Last edited by RuffRydeR on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
53-108*-34-81-78
Li Dao Wen
Marquis

Post by Li Dao Wen »

OOC: hey RR, I have a challenge for you in the last post. =3

Smiling in his perpetual embarrassment, it was only then that he realized that he was generalizing everyone else in his zeal to praise his hosts. "Well.." he said, lowering his eyes further down, wondering if Lady Xia heard his request for a duel. Still, it was his burning persona that he must sate now, not his warrior instincts.

"I meant, most of the others."
he stammered a little in his words, "I apologize milady."

Wondering still if she heard, he perked up a faint smile.

Formerly: