Talk

Moderator: Game Masters

KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

Well, I just wanted to poke my head in and say hello to everyone that's here. I know some of you. Others I don't know. Some I might not want to know. (Kidding!)

Anyway, hi!
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Meh but then Fame's one of those skills that you can't just freely access. It's got to be earned and if the staffs tough enough (I'm sure they will be :wink: ) then it won't be easy to attain.

Hi KD-S
Taemore
Ensign

Post by Taemore »

Meh but then Fame's one of those skills that you can't just freely access. It's got to be earned and if the staffs tough enough (I'm sure they will be ) then it won't be easy to attain.
Well, its hard enough to get in real life, Haha. The harder to get it is, the more realistic.
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

Fame back then was far easier to earn then fame today. Back then you could round up some men and carve your future over the bodies of your enemies. Today such an effort would send you prison before you even began carving someone. Except in some of the third world countries.

I think the staff should open up player sign up tonight. No particular reason. Just want to roll up my character and not wait all weekend for it.
The Xiong Nu have left the building!

Liu Bei(43) 90-40-63-62-80
Military Adminstrator II, Marksman II, Lure I, Diplomat II, Politican I
Item: Dai Lu(Horse: +3 Speed, + 1 Attack)
Taemore
Ensign

Post by Taemore »

Fame back then was far easier to earn then fame today. Back then you could round up some men and carve your future over the bodies of your enemies. Today such an effort would send you prison before you even began carving someone. Except in some of the third world countries.
True...today you would have to like...help the community or world or something. Whatever it was, it would probly have to be helpful, unless you want to get arrested. Teehee.

Yeah, I wish it would open up today too. This is like, to only day I have entirely free. Then I'm busy. Oh well.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Sol Jhee wrote:Perhaps instead of adding skills to General Studies that are considered "weaker", you could limit skills taken in General Studies to only the first skill level on signup?

That would reflect the broad knowledge of a balanced officer but with the lack of expertise in any one field.
This was something that ExiledPrince had thought of. Even if we wanted to go with something like this, however, it creates some confusing situations, like if someone were to take level I of a skill in General Studies, then take a learning with the skill...if they'd be able to take level II of that there, and etc. It's a complication we'd rather not address.

If we allowed someone to take all General Studies and get a decent selection of skills outside of crafting/fame, I'd probably ask Kymvir to change the bonus to stats it gave. I'd be worried that if we did that, it'd be a bit imbalanced. But Kymvir can attest to me grumping about General Studies all along the way, hehe.

Hi to Kyung! ExiledPrince is gone at the moment, but I bet he'll be excited to see you signed up, hehe

And Officer sign-up won't open until, at the least, Sunday. But probably not even then. We want to make sure our rulers have enough time to get their PH's organized and the AH's set-up. If we opened up officer sign-ups tonight, then you wouldn't be able to do anything with your officer besides sit on him.

I would think it'd be exciting for you guys over the weekend to pop in and see who all got in to be a ruler. I won't be around much, but I figure Kymvir and ann will be, setting up PH's and AH's and etc. You wouldn't think I'd miss out on a chance to get so many posts :D
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

yes .. it is my only hope (outside of posting polls and lists of songs I like) to get my post count as high as yours. unless i install a mod which will allow me to easily adjust your count.
Redd Raemiz
New Recruit

Post by Redd Raemiz »

I'm a Warlord. :roll:
Pan Zhao (33) 90-44-65-92-26, Civil Admin III, Cover II, Mil Admin III, Volley II
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

Quiet Noob!

Who cares about the rulers? I want to see players sign up. If we start sign ups now then Ann can build her post count up doing everyone's stats. It'll be purty all around.
The Xiong Nu have left the building!

Liu Bei(43) 90-40-63-62-80
Military Adminstrator II, Marksman II, Lure I, Diplomat II, Politican I
Item: Dai Lu(Horse: +3 Speed, + 1 Attack)
FailSenses
Ensign

Post by FailSenses »

So, I just wante to pop in and say hi to everyone...meh, whatever. Anyways I'm new to this stuff and not familiar to it...But hope we can have with the bunch of you.