Talk

Moderator: Game Masters

Gelatinous08
New Recruit

Post by Gelatinous08 »

This Sim is gonna be really good....just look at the staff and members. Ha...its the SimRTK Liang Dynasty Reunion.
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

XZ! 36hrs to confirm! I know you can do it faster than that :P
Diethe
Officer

Post by Diethe »

Kymvir Raemiz wrote:Welcome Kiwi. ;)

And yes, General Studies gives some sweet stats, but the skill list does suck. That is something we will have to address at some point, I think.
Heh, we need more skills, though, even if they are minor. Possibly just to broaden the horizons of the sim.
Lima Bei (32) Former Brigand
Stats: 79-96*-35-45-52
Skills: Charge II, Faze II, Intimidate I, Pierce I, Sortie I, Wall I

Items: Razor Axe (Melee, Mgt+4)
NPC Followers: Man Hongan (25)
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Tevye wrote:Sun-Yat Sen

Handan
Xiangyang
Ji
Everyone knows that it's Sun Zhongshan not Sun Yat-sen... :roll:
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Maybe make the range of General Studies a little more varied but since they get pretty decent stats, it shouldn't need to be balanced too much.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Since the deadline is falling on a Friday night, and since there are quite a few potential rulers who are on time zones quite different from ours, we feel it's best to allow confirming until probably sometime rather early on Sunday. That's also because I won't be here Saturday and most of Sunday, so Kymvir and ann are going to have to set up PH's and AH's themselves.

I'm fine with the way General Studies is. If we started putting other skills in that learning--skills that aren't crafting skills or fame--then it would be like saying that those skills are worth less than the rest. While I don't claim that all of our skills are balanced (because that would be tremendously hard to do), I believe that they are close enough that all skills have a chance to be picked. I've made strong efforts to level them out.

Anyways, yeah, if we were to put more skills in that category, it would be saying that those skills are weaker than others. That's not something I want to do. If something is significantly weaker than another skill, we should fix it.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

A couple of the staff members and I talked through the General Studies skill list, and had some ideas of what to do with it, but we've decided to leave it as it is, since an officer with all stats ranging between 72-79 is a sweet character as it is.

General studies are general, not specific, and therefore do not give you special skill in one thing.

The other problem is we have done our best to balance our skills so that all of them are equal. There are, of course, some that are slightly better or worse, but we would rather fix those skills to be in line with the rest, instead of reducing them in importance and giving them to the general studies skill list.

So, we won't be addressing the General Studies Skill list until next version of this Sim.
Sol Jhee
Sergeant

Post by Sol Jhee »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Since the deadline is falling on a Friday night, and since there are quite a few potential rulers who are on time zones quite different from ours, we feel it's best to allow confirming until probably sometime rather early on Sunday. That's also because I won't be here Saturday and most of Sunday, so Kymvir and ann are going to have to set up PH's and AH's themselves.

I'm fine with the way General Studies is. If we started putting other skills in that learning--skills that aren't crafting skills or fame--then it would be like saying that those skills are worth less than the rest. While I don't claim that all of our skills are balanced (because that would be tremendously hard to do), I believe that they are close enough that all skills have a chance to be picked. I've made strong efforts to level them out.

Anyways, yeah, if we were to put more skills in that category, it would be saying that those skills are weaker than others. That's not something I want to do. If something is significantly weaker than another skill, we should fix it.
Perhaps instead of adding skills to General Studies that are considered "weaker", you could limit skills taken in General Studies to only the first skill level on signup?

That would reflect the broad knowledge of a balanced officer but with the lack of expertise in any one field.
Diethe
Officer

Post by Diethe »

Heh, yea, I noticed how almost every skill have a stalemate between each other (except for fame), which is why i'm having a hard time choosing skills. Overall, yeah, nice work to the staff.
Lima Bei (32) Former Brigand
Stats: 79-96*-35-45-52
Skills: Charge II, Faze II, Intimidate I, Pierce I, Sortie I, Wall I

Items: Razor Axe (Melee, Mgt+4)
NPC Followers: Man Hongan (25)
Taemore
Ensign

Post by Taemore »

Heh, yea, I noticed how almost every skill have a stalemate between each other (except for fame), which is why i'm having a hard time choosing skills. Overall, yeah, nice work to the staff.
Yeah, I agree. Claps to the staff, too.