Talk

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Yeah, the reason why the time period is so long for them is primarily because of the other two admins going on vacation. Originally, we didn't think we'd be ready for ruler sign-ups until after they came back. However, we got a lot more done in a small amount of time than we planned, and wanted to open this up as soon as possible. Wednesday, Kymvir and I talked briefly, where we came to the conclusion that we were essentially ready to start ruler sign-ups, and whatever we had left to do could be finished by me this week or quickly wrapped up after they return.

I was very much in favor of a shorter sign-up time slot, primarily so that the website won't fall stagnant and people "forget" that they did sign-up and all. However, it was our opinion that by Kymvir making advertising posts that we'd draw in a few more people, since a lot of people recognize his name.

The reason the deadline is so long is because we aren't going to close until he returns. There are a few reasons for this. The primary one would be so that the actual ruler selection, with the randomness involved and etc., would be done between three of us. That way, we are both blind to who gets picked. Most likely, one of us will list the rulers in some random number, another will randomly determine the ruler slots, and then both will send that to the third of us, who will match them up and post for all of us. That way, the results aren't tainted in any way.

And, to be honest, while I can try to organize things completely on my own, for us to be up and ready with ruler sign-ups quickly, it's best that all 3 of us work on it. I don't want to put too much work on my own shoulders, lest something come up and I have to be gone. Relying upon one admin is kind of a sketchy thing.

So, that's about it. I wouldn't want to push forward a deadline, even with the 5 day span until it, because of the fear that someone will get cut off because of that. I have no problem extending them, though, but I won't do that either. If Kymvir and ann are not back by the deadline, I'll still close the sign-ups. In the meantime, I'll try to stay on top of everything here :)
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

I'm normally a goody two-shoes in some form or another.....though I can do bitter and gruff at least....not to mention insane...
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
SuperDianWei
Ensign

Post by SuperDianWei »

I was sort of thrown off when I came here. In every China Sim I've ever been to, it's always been the north that's had all the cities, not the south. To be honest, it feels awkard. Could I perhaps suggest adding two or so more cities in the north to keep the map a little bit more balanced?
Li Pan Tu, 67
51-52-37-77-78
Assemble, Civil Administrator II, Entrench II, Haste, Politician II, Propagandist II
100 Gold

Follower: Ci Xie(38) 47-53-60-44-78 Smith I, Assemble I, Delay I, Raid I, Civil Administrator I, Poison I
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Well, SDW, you are slightly off. There are really no cities in the south. If you were to take this map and compare it to a RTK map, you'd notice that most of Jing, Yang, Shu, Nanzhong, and the northwest Liang region (not the one that is synonomous with Wei) are not there. The majority of the cities are in the Central Plains and Yong, which is where most of the battles of the time happened.

While the north looks more empty, that's just the map being a bit spread out up there. Since the routes all take the same time to travail, they aren't that far seperated from the action. I don't think there is a problem with balance, just that the cities in the middle have more routes going into them. In most sims and games, that holds true as well.

If you were curious as to how far south the map goes, in RTK terms, Nanzheng is in the same region as Hanzhong, Huyang is close to Jiangling, and Wuzhong is right around Huiji.
101*.87*.44.78.39

SuperDianWei
Ensign

Post by SuperDianWei »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Well, SDW, you are slightly off. There are really no cities in the south. If you were to take this map and compare it to a RTK map, you'd notice that most of Jing, Yang, Shu, Nanzhong, and the northwest Liang region (not the one that is synonomous with Wei) are not there. The majority of the cities are in the Central Plains and Yong, which is where most of the battles of the time happened.

While the north looks more empty, that's just the map being a bit spread out up there. Since the routes all take the same time to travail, they aren't that far seperated from the action. I don't think there is a problem with balance, just that the cities in the middle have more routes going into them. In most sims and games, that holds true as well.

If you were curious as to how far south the map goes, in RTK terms, Nanzheng is in the same region as Hanzhong, Huyang is close to Jiangling, and Wuzhong is right around Huiji.
Ay carumba! Well, I suppose the south end of the map was what I was inferring (grumbles). Say, do you suppose that there will be unchared cities in this game, like say one was lucky (unlucky) enough to stumble upon Liang or Southern Yi terf. Would that be a plausible event, or will you be solely sticking to the map? Also, will there be any NPCs/SPCs to speak of?
Li Pan Tu, 67
51-52-37-77-78
Assemble, Civil Administrator II, Entrench II, Haste, Politician II, Propagandist II
100 Gold

Follower: Ci Xie(38) 47-53-60-44-78 Smith I, Assemble I, Delay I, Raid I, Civil Administrator I, Poison I
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Probably no hidden cities. It was an idea of mine to have hidden routes from city to city, but we won't do that either. Most logical places for a route to lie are already there anyways.

The list of GMNPC's is in the Turn Changes, Personal Turns, and Battles forum, although I might move it to the Officer Information one instead. If you are wondering who is important in this time period, well, I'd point you to the bios on Our Associated Website, which is also linked at the top. We've been working on these to help make the sim a more well-rounded experience.
101*.87*.44.78.39

Fei Dao
New Recruit

Post by Fei Dao »

Well, being that this is the only place that would be fit for me to ask. What does everyone think about She Zhuan? Should I make Directed Fire II a Directed Fire I and then make Barrage I to Barrage II, or should I keep it as is?
She Zhuan (37) - Green-Eyed Saviour - *97/48/68/86/23
Barrage II, Delay I, Directed Fire I, Field Advisor II, Marksman I, Muddle I.
Book of Manuevers (+2 Com), Book of Manuevers (+ 2 Com), 0 Gold.
Gafgarion
Ensign

Post by Gafgarion »

Since we have no idea how effective all the skills really are, and can only go by the descritpion, I'd say change it to Barrage II. It looks to be more useful in the long run of a battle than having a small-ish chance to start a fire.

But, go with what you want, that's what I say.
Fei Dao
New Recruit

Post by Fei Dao »

Much thanks, I think you're right.
She Zhuan (37) - Green-Eyed Saviour - *97/48/68/86/23
Barrage II, Delay I, Directed Fire I, Field Advisor II, Marksman I, Muddle I.
Book of Manuevers (+2 Com), Book of Manuevers (+ 2 Com), 0 Gold.
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Yeh I would agree with that.

But as the game progresses, it'll become more obvious about the effects of certain skills.

20 ruler sign-ups