Jiang Sei's Audience Hall - Huainan

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Jaylee wrote:Guang Yi agrees to the search and is brought before the woman. He looks a bit surprised but did not show it on his face. Guang Guo also steps forward as they bowed together. Yi takes the lead again. "Lady Yi, thanks for inviting us. We appreciate your hospitality, but we wish to get right to the point. Why have you invited us here?"
Yi Lian was a little fazed by this turn of events. No small talk? She thought to herself. Steadying her mind a bit, she said very bluntly, "I wrote you the letter to invite you here to see if you're willing to serve the people of Huainan, Wu, and Jiujiang. I understand that your home is in Yin? That is what my guards told me."

"I believe that a steady and a firm hand in ruling this region will be needed in order to stabilize the south. Marquis Lin Xin in Yue and I have an excellent relationship. He and I are working together to make sure the region south of the big river is rebuilt back to stability. If I hear correctly, your ability as a warrior is what I need in my current administration."
Jaylee

Post by Jaylee »

Guang Yi listened to the woman talk and explain herself. He remained quiet through it all. After she was done, folded his arms in front of his chest. He asks. "I have been contacted by other people, they have also invited me to go to them. You were the first to contact me, so I came here first. What makes you different than the others?"
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Jaylee wrote:Guang Yi listened to the woman talk and explain herself. He remained quiet through it all. After she was done, folded his arms in front of his chest. He asks. "I have been contacted by other people, they have also invited me to go to them. You were the first to contact me, so I came here first. What makes you different than the others?"
Yi Lian smiled a bit, didn't take long to answer at all. "I don't presume to be better than anyone. I am just fortunate so far. However, what makes me different may be that, one, I am working against the strong armed government of Qin, it is not the discipline that I'm working against, it is the persecution that people felt under their rule. Second, I am actively looking for the next chosen one for the people. I do not believe neither Fusu nor Huhai has the ability to rule. And finally, I treat everyone fairly and give them the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. Does this answer your question?"
Jaylee

Post by Jaylee »

Guang Yi nodded to the statement that the woman had proposed. She went into specifics and was willing to share with him what she had thought. But would she share more? He wanted to know a little more. "Your power is placed in Huainan, Jiujiang and Wu. You border Liang and Chu where two large powers have gathered. What is your opinion of the two states in Liang and Chu?"
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Jaylee wrote:Guang Yi nodded to the statement that the woman had proposed. She went into specifics and was willing to share with him what she had thought. But would she share more? He wanted to know a little more. "Your power is placed in Huainan, Jiujiang and Wu. You border Liang and Chu where two large powers have gathered. What is your opinion of the two states in Liang and Chu?"
Yi Lian's eyebrows raised slightly when asked this question. The person in front of him knew a lot of the current power struggles in this region, it surprised her a little. But she thought nothing of it and said, "Chu is under the rule of Chen Sheng, the rebel king. His cause is to overthrow the Qin empire. I will support his cause, though his method may be a little questionable. As far as Liang, I have sent an envoy to negotiate a peace treaty with them. So far, despite the fact that we did not tell each other that we would be invading Xiapei together, I have no quarrels with Liang. Though his power is growing, and thus, it intrigues me."

Yi Lian paused, "My purpose is not necessarily to be the one that unites the land, my purpose is to find someone who have the power to unite the lands and help him, or her to do so. Someone must replace the tyrant regime of Qin of the past."
Jaylee

Post by Jaylee »

Guang Yi shook his head. He was suprised at this answer. The way that this lady has taken over the eastern coast would usually mean that she would take the throne herself if she could have. Guang Yi would love to have seen a woman on the throne. So he asked. "Why not just take the throne yourself? Why not just proclaim yourself the empress when you have the power to do so? Many in this land have proclaimed themselves Kings, and many more will, most likely including yourself. But if you defeat the rest of the people, why not take the step and become the unifier of this country?"
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Jaylee wrote:Guang Yi shook his head. He was suprised at this answer. The way that this lady has taken over the eastern coast would usually mean that she would take the throne herself if she could have. Guang Yi would love to have seen a woman on the throne. So he asked. "Why not just take the throne yourself? Why not just proclaim yourself the empress when you have the power to do so? Many in this land have proclaimed themselves Kings, and many more will, most likely including yourself. But if you defeat the rest of the people, why not take the step and become the unifier of this country?"
Once again, Yi Lian was surprised at this line of questioning. They are personal and they are important to her heart. She wonders a little, and then smiled wryly. "You are right, Sir Guang. Why not take the throne myself if I prove to be the one that can do this? All I can say is this," She paused, "I don't want to. I don't want to be the unifier of this country, nor do I want to be the one who rules this country. I am content to stay in my home in Huainan and see the world evolve."

"However," She said with a smile, "That doesn't mean that I won't let as many people as possible a chance to prove that they can become the unifier of this country. That is what I'm doing and I will continue to do. I am looking for the one to support, if there are only a handful that can do this, I will make sure that the pool is large enough. That is why you will see me continuing to give people chances to lead."

Yi Lian then threw up her hand palm out before Guang Yi could ask another question. "Sir Guang, I believe you have asked many questions now, I believe it is my turn to do so. And I only have one question to ask as you know now more about me than most of my officers, are you going to stay and help me?"
Jaylee

Post by Jaylee »

Guang Yi grinned. He did ask a lot of questions. But the reason he did that was to make sure of some of the suspicions that he had. But now the suspicion is gone, he is ready to make a decision. "I am. I will serve you and your cause."
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Jaylee wrote:Guang Yi grinned. He did ask a lot of questions. But the reason he did that was to make sure of some of the suspicions that he had. But now the suspicion is gone, he is ready to make a decision. "I am. I will serve you and your cause."
Yi Lian smiled broadly. She stood up and said, "Great! I'm glad that you decided to do so. Welcome to Huainan and thank you for coming in the first place." She bowed slightly.

Please post your OI in the Yi Lian Officer Information thread. The PH access will be given soon.
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Arriving at the province of Huainan, Jing Yun stares at the letter in his hand which was compose of a short but intriguing sentence. Since his parents were murdered by the renegade Qin soldiers, the world is not the same to him anymore. The local magistrate was too corrupt to take up the case and threw Jing Yun out of the court. Jing Yun started to loiter around and unable to plan straight what to do next when suddenly a mysterious man came by and passed a letter to him. Someone is beaconing to him to come to Huainan, it was strange that to Jing Yun but perhaps the news of the rampage by renegade Qin soldiers pillaging an outskirt village had reached many places.

Jing Yun kept the letter inside his sleeve and spoke to the nearest guard. "My name is Jing Yun and I am here to see one Yi Lian on....." Jing Yun paused awhile unable to fanthom the sexes of the writer. Decided to play safe, ".... his invitation."
Qian Yen (千眼) (26) 60-71*-89*-65-50 | Confuse II, Gongshu II, Poison II, Spy II

[暗兵]