Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kai sat back in his chair. He lifted his right arm and made a gesture with his hand to a guard outside the room. Soon, the guard walked in with two cups of water, one of which he place on the desk before Kai, and the other on a tray before Min. The guard then went back to his post.

Kai too a sip from his cup, "Have you found a way to do so? Or, perhaps a better way to approach this would be to ask, what are you good at? Where do your skills lie?"
Ren Zhe
Sergeant

Post by Ren Zhe »

Ren Zhe

Kai was rather surprised at how quick the man made his point. It seems the man had made his decision before arriving. "OK... This is great then! It would do me no good to send you to war if you do not like it. If a man doesn't like what he's doing, he won't do it well is what I think. What are these lodging conditions you speak of however?"

Post your OI here to receive PH access!
"Ah, about that. Please set up a special area inside the city's armory for my personal arms research and development. Additionally..."

Genzhen reached into his pocket to produce a small sheet of paper and had it sent up to the lord.

"I hope you can make the following modifications to my living areas."

((PM))
Liu Changyu

<RenZhe> CC has the power of Geass.
<Taishi_Ci> This is why I never look CC in the eye
<Taishi_Ci> Otherwise I'd be all YESSU, MAI LORDU and blow Li Peng's brains out
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Min raise her hand slightly, stating that she wasn't thirsty.

"My skills are based around Diplomacy and Administration. I also know a bit about Engineering and Politics as well. Those were the types of books that were available to me in my parents Library you see." Min answered.

"What about you master Xiang, what are you skilled at in this world?"
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Deceased V4 Character: Baofu YaoYan
V3 Character: Xiao-Niao Min
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Ren Zhe

Kai took the paper into his hands and looked over it. After satisfying himself that all of this could be done, he said, "Yes, sure. We can do this, no problem. I'll just send this up to one of our builders so we can make this happen. I am not sure how long this will take however, so you will probably temporarily have to live in normal officer housing. I hope this isn't too inconvenient?"

bain_nick

"Myself? Oh, I dabble here and there. But mostly I find myself at my best when I am managing a city or bringing new officers to Liang. Which, I suppose, brings up a question of mine. Would you like to put your talents to use here in Liang? I can assure you that great good can be achieved here, if you are willing..."
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

"I thank you for your offer, master Xiang Kai, and will truly think on it, but I stil have other offers to consider as well, and would like to give each leader that has contacted me so far, a fair chance. So for the moment, my answer is neither yes or no. But I promise to respond to you as soon as possible when I do find my answer, i promise that much!" Xiao-Niao Min replied.
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Naxr wrote:As a group of guards listened to the man, one whispered something to another. After Guang finished, that other guard stepped forward and said, "Please follow me, sir."

If he follows, he is led through the gate and into the city. Only a short walk later, they arrive at the audience hall, where the guard leads the visitor right past the guards on duty outside of it. They soon find themselves in a large poorly furnished room. Though the room lacked in decoration, it was flowing with craftsmen, merchants, city officials, and guards. At the end of the room on his throne sat the prefect, Xiang Kai. With several guards standing at attention at each of his sides, he spoke to a man standing before him. Kai, noticing the gate guard enter the room with a stranger, said something to the man before him, causing him to walk off. With the space before the prefect now clear, the gate guard led his guest to a distance of twenty feet from where Kai sat. Stopping, he waited for Kai's eyes to rest on him before he announced, "Taishi Guang of Changsha to see you today."

"Changsha, eh?" Kai questioned. "That's a good distance from here. What brings you here to Liang on this fine day?" he asked with a smile.
Politely bowing to Xiang Kai, the man from Changsha returned the smile offered to him my the leader of Liang. "First, allow me to compliment you on the impressive work that is going on here in Liang. I don't believe I have seen such a prosperous and bustling land in some time. You, and your administration, have my congratulations on your dedication to your people and your land."

Giving pause, he then cleared his throat before continuing. "But to get to business, I come here today seeking to further relations between our two forces."
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
Ren Zhe
Sergeant

Post by Ren Zhe »

Naxr wrote:Ren Zhe

Kai took the paper into his hands and looked over it. After satisfying himself that all of this could be done, he said, "Yes, sure. We can do this, no problem. I'll just send this up to one of our builders so we can make this happen. I am not sure how long this will take however, so you will probably temporarily have to live in normal officer housing. I hope this isn't too inconvenient?"
"It will do for now, but please double the guard detail until the appropriate measures are in place."

If there were no other concerns, Genzhen left to handle his employment paper work and move in.
Liu Changyu

<RenZhe> CC has the power of Geass.
<Taishi_Ci> This is why I never look CC in the eye
<Taishi_Ci> Otherwise I'd be all YESSU, MAI LORDU and blow Li Peng's brains out
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

bain_nick

"Alright, I will look forward to when you make this decision. Do you have any questions that you would like to ask of me?"

Nanjun Tiger

He nodded as the man congratulated him on his taking control of Liang. It seemed that just about everybody was coming in these days to compliment him on this. "Thank you, thank you. I appreciate your words. As for the reason for your visit, Liang welcomes your friendship. I believe it is high time for the leaders of the land to come together to end this bloodshed together."
Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Naxr wrote:He nodded as the man congratulated him on his taking control of Liang. It seemed that just about everybody was coming in these days to compliment him on this. "Thank you, thank you. I appreciate your words. As for the reason for your visit, Liang welcomes your friendship. I believe it is high time for the leaders of the land to come together to end this bloodshed together."
"As does Changsha welcome yours," he replied, giving a polite bow in response. "And I agree, Master Xiang, the bloodshed between provinces and regional leaders needs to end; for that is why I have come to speak with you this day..."

Giving a sigh, he lowered his eyes for a moment as he chose his next words carefully. "You have done well to pacify Liang province and yet you have not sought out an aggressive campaign to do the same in neighboring provinces. If any leader were to conduct themselves as such, it would be a cause for concern, don't you agree?" Pausing a moment, he allowed Kai to answer, in his mind, the question he posed. "As such, I have come here to both solidify our own relationship, as well as speak of one Yi Lian, who has aggressively attacked and began conquering neighboring provinces."
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Xiao-Niao Min thought it over for a second.
"Well master Xiang, what are your goals for the land, if you don't mind me asking?"