Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

sokane
New Recruit

Post by sokane »

Akane: Thank you my lord.

Akane, stood up from his seat, gave lord Kai another bow and followed the guard out of the room. When he stepped out side, he felt much better than when he arrived here. Akane smiled to himself, I can get used to things here.
Hoshino Akane, 21, M
95*-21-54-82*-69
Items: Command for Dummy (+7 Command), Tongli's Jade(+4 Judgement)
Skills: Military Administrator 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 1, Civil Administration 2, Engineer 1
Trimotar
New Recruit

Post by Trimotar »

Lu Hou received a letter from Xiang Kai. He was impressed by his letter. Though he had received another letter that impressed him. He would visit here first though. He is a young man, in scholar robes.

Lu Hou: Hello. I am Lu Hou. I received a letter from Xiang Kai who wish to talk to me. I do not have weapons, unless you wish to take my mind away from me. If that be the case, I should really leave.

He smirked a little.
Lu Hou (17) 20-52-98*-80-66 Engineer III, Entangle II, Jeer II, Public Planner II | Item: Structural Engineering Manual (Int +4), Book of Poetry (Int +3)
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Two guards look to the visitor as he arrives. One of them speaks up, uneasily, "You want to see the prefect? Oh well..."

He turns to his colleague, who turns to face the him back. Quickly they each pulled their hands out in front of them. After a series of each of them smashing their one hand against the other, their hands then were used to make some sort of signal, one different from the other. Immediately, one of the guards cursed in anger. The angry one regained his composure then walked to Hou. "Alright, it's protocol for us to search for weapons anyways. One has to be careful in these times... Do you consent?"
Trimotar
New Recruit

Post by Trimotar »

Lu Hou frowned a little. These guards were a little bit disrespectful, especially to someone like himself. But maybe these guards are just guards for a reason, they will probably never rise to anything prominent, unlike himself.

Lu Hou: Alright. Make it quick.
Lu Hou (17) 20-52-98*-80-66 Engineer III, Entangle II, Jeer II, Public Planner II | Item: Structural Engineering Manual (Int +4), Book of Poetry (Int +3)
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

The guard grudgingly patted the guy down, removing any weapons that he sees. After finishing, he says, "OK, let's go."

He leads Hou, assuming he follows, into the audience hall directly to the office of Xiang Kai. Opening the door, he nods for the visitor to enter after announcing Lu Hou to his lord. Xiang Kai can be seen sitting behind his desk. "Hello! Come, come in! Have a seat," he said as he motioned to a chair before his desk. "Can you please bring our guest some water?" he asked the guard. The guard went off to perform the task. "So, I am glad you have come. Your journey was not too difficult I hope?"
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

A delegation of twenty men appears at the gates of Dingtao, flying banners that read the words "Qin Jia" upon them. As they approached the gates, a burly man rode forward and called out, "Colonel Gongsun Qing, in the service of Marshal Qin Jia of Chu, wishes to speak with Prefect Xiang."
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

The guards at the gate watched as the men approached. Not sure what they wanted, they just watched as Qing, or at least the one who calls himself that, came out and spoke to them. One guard, presumably the captain, answers him, "Sure, we just need to search and remove any weapons as per protocol, and I can lead you right to him. Do you consent?"
Trimotar
New Recruit

Post by Trimotar »

Naxr wrote:The guard grudgingly patted the guy down, removing any weapons that he sees. After finishing, he says, "OK, let's go."

He leads Hou, assuming he follows, into the audience hall directly to the office of Xiang Kai. Opening the door, he nods for the visitor to enter after announcing Lu Hou to his lord. Xiang Kai can be seen sitting behind his desk. "Hello! Come, come in! Have a seat," he said as he motioned to a chair before his desk. "Can you please bring our guest some water?" he asked the guard. The guard went off to perform the task. "So, I am glad you have come. Your journey was not too difficult I hope?"
Lu Hou didn't have any weapon, so the search was pointless. He rolled his eyes after the deed was done and entered the hall. Seeing Xiang Kai for the very first time, he clasped his hands and showed a bit of respect. After being shown the chair, he sits down and he starts to wave his fan.

Hou: The journey was fine, it's nothing I can't handle.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Excellent! So I can guess that you got my letter then, and are interested in employment, yes? Tell me, what have you heard about me, and Liang, so far in your travels? Well, you're here so I can only assume that what you've heard is positive," he laughed. "Only several months ago Liang wasn't the safest place to travel alone in. It is remarkable how much things have changed," he thought out loud.

Knocking on the open door to announce his presence, a guard arrives with a cup of water. Kai nodded for him to come in, and the guard placed the cup before the guest. He promptly exits after accomplishing this task.

"You must excuse me for getting right to the point, as I've never been one for too much small talk. But do you have any questions for me you would like answered, to help you come to a decision?"
Trimotar
New Recruit

Post by Trimotar »

Lu Hou accepted the cup of water and drank a little of it. He set the cup back down on the table.

Lu Hou: It's impressive. It was in turmoils before. I do have a question, Lord Xiang. What is your ambition in this province of Liang? What do you wish to take your followers to?