Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

sokane
New Recruit

Post by sokane »

On a cool and windy day, a lone young man arrived at the gates of Dingtao. Reaching the gate, he took out a letter from his pouch and gave it to the guard.

Akane: Er.....I r-r-r-received an offer to join lord D-d-d-dingtao.....wait...

He took a look over the letter again.

Akane: I-I-I mean Lord Kai of Ding Tao. I was invited bye er-r-r-.....two colonel under him. My n-n-n-ame is Akane.

The man was certainly very nervous. He was sweating profoundly despite the cool weather of today.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

One of the guards answered the man, "If you would like to see Lord Xiang Kai, it is protocol for us to search for and remove any weapons," he said in monotone as if repeating the exact instructions he received. Another guard who was sitting down on the steps piped in, "I don't know why we have to do that... it's uncomfortable for everyone... and really, no one is out to kill Lord Kai. I mean, he's such a nice guy and all."

Turning to the second guard the first guard spoke, "Well, we have to do it anyways." Then, noticing the sweat building up on the visitor, he asked, "Oh, and can you bring out some water."

"Sure, I guess so," the second guard responded as he jumped up to get it.

Turning back to the visitor, the first guard asked, "So, do you consent to a search?"
sokane
New Recruit

Post by sokane »

Akane: I-I-If you wish to, kind sir.

Akane agreed to the search but the young man wondered if he would be stip naked in front of everyone. That wouldn't be improper, he thought to himself, if that happen I wouldn't be able to get married. The thought of the guard's finger rampaging though his body scared him even more. He hoped he can keep himself from being too ticklish and savaged whatever dignity he has left.
Hoshino Akane, 21, M
95*-21-54-82*-69
Items: Command for Dummy (+7 Command), Tongli's Jade(+4 Judgement)
Skills: Military Administrator 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 1, Civil Administration 2, Engineer 1
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

The guard searches the man and removes any weapon he might find. Though the search might not be what the man suspects, as it is merely a pat down. Finishing up, he says, "OK, you're good to go!"

Just then the other guard arrived with a cup of water, handing it to the visitor, he said, "Here ya go, now come with me."

If he follows, he is lead into the audience hall directly to the office of Xiang Kai. The guard opens the door for him to go in. Kai looks up from behind his desk and asks, "Hello! And who do we have here?"
sokane
New Recruit

Post by sokane »

Akane gulped down his water and followed the guard into the audience hall. In there, he saw a man presumed to be lord Kai. Akane gave him a bow befitting his status.

Akane: I-I'm Akane. I-I-I came here in hope that you would a-a-a-accept my job application, m-m-m-y lord.

He took out two letters, his hands was trembling greatly as he does it. In his nervousness, he didn't notice that those letters are clammy due to his sweat just a while ago.
Hoshino Akane, 21, M
95*-21-54-82*-69
Skills: Military Administrator 2, Politician 2, Public Planner 1, Civil Administration 2, Engineer 1
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kai smiled, hoping to make the young man more at ease. He had never thought of himself as an intimidating figure, but perhaps his new influence had made him one.

"Please, take a seat, my friend," he said as he motioned to a chair before his desk. "You can put those letters away, I don't need to see those. I have been told that you received a letter from one of my men? If that is the case, then I am sure you are more than qualified for any position here. So, tell me about yourself, where do your talents lie? Why have you come to me here in Liang as opposed to any other lord?"
sokane
New Recruit

Post by sokane »

Akane accepted Kai's offer and took a seat opposed to the lord. He looked around nervously as Akane daren't to look straight into the man in front of him. He was jolted back as Kai spoke to him.

Akane: W-w-w-ell, as you may have already noticed, i'm not good with dealing with p-p-p-people. I'd-d-d prefer to work in the office, behind the scene. It's much e-e-easier to deal with inanimate objects than with people that can change at any moment. I-I-I spent my life studying, learning how to run a city as efficiently as possible.

He gulped down the remaining of his water to calm down his nerve.

Akane: As for why I chose you over other lord, w-w-w-ell, your officers are the only who inquired my s-s-service. I-I-I don't have any other c-c-choices.

Akane's hands hold tightly onto his cup, he hoped that he haven't made any comment that would aggravate lord Kai. He would like to keep his head where it is right now very much.
Hoshino Akane, 21, M
95*-21-54-82*-69
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Hmmm.... That's somewhat surprising. But I suppose many other lords don't have very large domains to command, nor are they expanding at the pace I have been. So needless to say, your skills in this area would be of great use to my force, as well as to the people of Liang. I am sure you could make quite a name for yourself here."

As Akane finished his water, Kai motioned to a guard standing outside the door very quickly with his hand, pointing to the water. Moments later another cup full of water was placed before the visitor on a tray.

"So what do you say? Are you willing to join me, as I will gladly accept you. Or do you have any questions you would like me to answer for you first?"
sokane
New Recruit

Post by sokane »

Akane accepted his refill and nodded gratefully toward the servant.

Akane: T-t-thank you, my lord. I-I'm glad that you accepted me into your rank.

He looked sideways, wondering if he should continue to take up valuable time of lord Kai. However, his need outpaces his other emotion.

Akane: I-i-i don't meant to be imprudent but, where do i lodge tonight? I-I-I forgot to reserve a room at the inn.

He looked down on the table in shame. I shouldn't have asked that, he thought to himself. Maybe they still have available rooms at the inn tonight.
Hoshino Akane, 21, M
95*-21-54-82*-69
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Ahhh good, good! Don't you worry, I will have your new quarters set up immediately," he said as he motioned once again to a guard outside the door. "One of my men can lead you there if you would like, if you want to rest after your journey here. We can talk about work later. Though given your area of expertise, it will probably only be temporary, as you may be assigned to another city."

Post your Officer Information here and PH access will come