Talk

Moderator: Game Masters

Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

Well....if you're unlucky, you'll just end up with a blob of a different color....like pink....
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Yay! I posted battle rules! This weekend I will be running our first field battle test to make sure our formulas aren't stupid, and then we'll have a seige battle run this week.

Getting close, we've only got 4 things left on our to do list that has to be done before we can start taking ruler sign ups.

Yay!
Jao Tiang
Captain

Post by Jao Tiang »

Kymvir Raemiz wrote:Yay! I posted battle rules! This weekend I will be running our first field battle test to make sure our formulas aren't stupid, and then we'll have a seige battle run this week.

Getting close, we've only got 4 things left on our to do list that has to be done before we can start taking ruler sign ups.

Yay!
Awesome, I hope those four things aren't *too* big...I'm really looking forward to this game ^^
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Actually we seem to have gotten the big stuff done first and what we have left are small things.

edit: assuming our battle testing tomorrow and monday goes well I am assuming we will announce a start date early next week. Of course then we are going camping ...
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Just checking in from home :) My brother rented Revenge of the Sith for the XBox, so I started playing that about 12:30 this morning. Less than 20 hours later, I had beaten it. While it was fun, most games like this (that come out accompaning a movie) tend to be short and very movie-oriented. It was fun to see them change the storyline just a bit...made Anakin seem a lot better, at least.

I am very excited about our progress. What we end up doing with sign-ups and when the actual sim starts will probably depend on how much we get done in this next week. While we can do some things while the other two admins are on vacation, I wouldn't want them to miss anything too important in regards to the sim. Plus that puts a lot of weight on my availability, which is usually very solid, but I wouldn't want to feel like a slave to the sim :)

My current guess is that ruler sign-ups will either start right before they go on vacation or shortly afterward. Of course, if there are some major, unforeseen problems with the battle system, that could be delayed.
Mogwai
General

Post by Mogwai »

Well that's nifty. A unique battle system will be pretty important if you want to keep people's interests, and it's looking pretty good so far. Will the test battle be public, or no?
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

I don't know - maybe - but you will definitely see a battle run before you do your first turn.

Turn flow is different on warlords.
Step 1, Turn Opening: A Summary of the last Turn's events are posted, including changes resulting in battles, natural disasters, recruitment attempts on NPCs, and plots. A deadline will be given to PM invasions to the Administrator. Personal Turns thread is opened.
Step 2, Invasions: All invasions declared through PMs by the deadline set in Step 1 will be posted, along with an estimate of the forces attacking.(This estimate is based on Recon levels of the city being attacked.) A new deadline is set for defenders to post their defending forces. Kingdom Turns may begin for those cities not being attacked or defended in a field battle. If a city is attacked and the defenders select to defend in a seige, or lose the field battle, the ruler of that city may not submit a Turn for that city in their Kingdom Turn. Any officers used to defend during the battle may not be used in the Kingdom Turn regardless of the outcome.
Step 3, Defense: All defensive forces are posted completely, and the actual numbers of the attacking armies are posted. Maps for the battles are posted, and a deadline for tactics for the battles are set. Personal and Kingdom Turns continue to be worked on.
Step 4, Battles begin: Battles begin to be run. Personal and Kingdom Turns continue to be produced. Based on the number of battles, a final deadline for Personal and Kingdom Turns is posted.
Step 5, Turn Complete: All Kingdom Turns and Personal Turns are submitted by the deadline and considered final. Battles are finished. Kingdom Turns are checked by staff, and Personal Turns processed and the results posted. Process returns to Step 1.
In the first turn Rulers and players will watch the first 4 steps take place as they prepare their first KT and first PT and then will begin participation in Step 5.
Lu Kuang

Post by Lu Kuang »

The new turn flow looks cool, as do all the rules. I can't wait fot the game to begin :D
Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

I'm excited as how this'll work out....that plus the excitement of being one of the guinea pigs...
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

We've completed our first battle test, and we've identified about 4-5 small things that need some tweaking or were missed, mostly regarding things like being on fire, or confused.

But generally it was a very succesful battle test. Yay!

We'll be performing at least one more battle test this week to try out our seige rules, and we'll see how things work out, and if it is as solid as the field battle test, we'll probably be very close to calling our rules complete, and just have a few administrative things left to set up.