Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

crosby123
New Recruit

Post by crosby123 »

(OOC: Seems you got lots of guests, guess I will make this a quick one)

"Haha a tutor? I believe I prefer being an adviser more. At least it sounds better on paper. Tutor sounds like an old man's job. Though I do not mind entertaining to some of your questions about books..."

"So, are there any procedures we must go through before I become a part of the force?"
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Cloud Strife wrote:Xiang Zhuang

"Ah, yes, admittedly your Excellency I had little else to do at the time. I had not... expected the roads to be so cluttered with refuges and others fleeing the chaos that consumes this land. I had never imagined Bactriana to more peaceful than China."

"So, in your letter, you speak of using my talents for war? When there are many other equally talented and qualified souls to be found, souls whose loyalties can be bought more easily with gold, why should a meager scholar such as myself bother to involve himself conflict?"
"Perhaps I thought conflict would interest you," he replied. "It would seem to be fairly difficult to avoid it in this day and age, really. Besides, isn't chaos a true test of a man's mettle?" He smiled, but it just looked like he was making a goofy face. "Even a scholar has a place in such times. A man cannot hide from the situation into which he is cast. He does not have to play the role he has been given, but he must play some role."
crosby123 wrote:(OOC: Seems you got lots of guests, guess I will make this a quick one)

"Haha a tutor? I believe I prefer being an adviser more. At least it sounds better on paper. Tutor sounds like an old man's job. Though I do not mind entertaining to some of your questions about books..."

"So, are there any procedures we must go through before I become a part of the force?"
"No, actually," Xi replied. "Since you will mostly be reporting to my daughter, I'll leave it to her to take care of your paperwork." He chuckled a bit, smiling playfully to Liangyu. "Maybe you could even tutor her with that!" The chuckle became a full-blown laugh, which Zhenfeng seemed to thorougly enjoy, although it was probably a bit too loud and out-of-place.

Deng Yung has been accepted into the ranks of Xia Xi! Please post officer information in the appropriate thread and I'll add you to the Personal Hall.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Shadow
Stabbed!

Post by Shadow »

XZ wrote:...
"Yes, that would be what I was trying to convey, at least in essence." Shang said as began to bow. "This is all I came here for, Lord Xia. If you, yourself, have nothing else you wish to add or say. Then I humbly ask to be allowed to be dismissed." Shang understood when in the presence of a man of more power that it was best to allow them to decide when meetings ended. "I would also like to thank you for meeting with my cousin and me, today." He added to show he was really finished.
Xun Shang (22) 77-20-83-74-18
Aid II, Decoy II, Confuse II, Military Administrator II, Volley II

* Dreamer actually liked Sherman.
<Dreamer> That guy was badass.
<Dreamer> If Lee would have been more like him, we could have won. :<
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

RuffRydeR wrote:"Yeah, there's a room just right there." said the stonefaced soldier.

Liangyu nodded happily, and pointed it out, just as the guard did too. She giggled and walked over to it, then said,

"I'll wait outside until you're ready. I'll take you to my Father once you're ready."

She couldn't wait to introduce the scribe to her father. He was a good person. For an old guy.
Unfortunately, blowing the dust off his robes had taken longer than he had hoped, but after washing his hands and face, and taking a few deep breaths, he emerged to see Liangyu waiting for him. "Oh...well, my apologies dear. I'd thought you would have run ahead to see your father. I would have been more expedient, had I known you were waiting."

The old scribe looked around the halls and took note of how the manor was kept. Finally, he turned back to the young girl. "Shall we then?"
Ranger Ryu
New Recruit

Post by Ranger Ryu »

Xiang Zhuang wrote: Ranger Ryu

"Well, that is interesting," Xi replied. "What sort of service would you be able to perform for my administration? We do not hire just anyone, and anyway, I would need to know where it is I could station you. You seem like a decent enough chap, anyway."
*he thought for a moment* "Well my Lord I have experience in commanding men having organised the people of my village into an effective force to fight of bandits that had been attacking us, by doing so I had learning to adminstrating a a military force,granted it was just the people of my village, and nothing on the scale of your army. as well as some skill with commanding archers as well, If you did hire me I would prefer to be stationed somewhere to do with the military I would be best suited in my opinion but of course I will go wherever you tell me too" *he then waited to see what Xi's response would be*
Zhao Puyang, Age:27
89-79-45-75-25
Skills: Gongshu II,Sortie II,Military Administrator II,Wall II
2000 peronal soldiers-Halbreds
Cloud Strife
Captain

Post by Cloud Strife »

Xiang Zhuang

"Battle?" Ji Dan seemed uneasy at the thought. "True, some of us are skilled on the field... I suppose if you provided with me with a suitable wage I would fight in your battles. Though I still have much to survey before I settle down in this land." The Scholar's gaze ran around the room; the guards appeared slightly malnourished but even more amusing was the Prefect's daughter. 'What a poof' was the only thought Ji Dan could muster in regards to her.

"In any case your Excellency, I shan't waste more of your time. I must visit the old Imperial Capitol on business and after that I must take a trip to Jiaoxi to visit distant relatives of mine. If there is still room in your ranks for a humble scholar such as myself, I shall return within three months time." The Scholar bowed and if excused proceeded on his merry way to Xianyang.
Name: Ji Qing, Male (Born 228 B.C.) [18-58-106*-42-79]
Items: Book + 7 INT "Sān Mín Zhǔyì", Book + 7 INT "A Song of Ice and Fire"
Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Public Planner II
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Shadow

Zhenfeng nodded in reply. "I am well-pleased that the District Manager of Dingtao sent someone to me today. Perhaps I will be able to reciprocate when there is more to say. Please give your master my deepest regards." He stood from his chair and gave the envoys a polite bow.

<hr>
Ranger Ryu

"That is intriguing," Xi replied. "I did not know of your army being in this province. Perhaps I need better scouts." He drifted off for a moment, then came back to the conversation with a shake of his head. "Regardless, I am impressed. I am in need of people with abilities such as yours. If you are willing to pledge your service, I will accept."

Zhao Puyang has been accepted (pending his consent and officer information posting)! PH access comes afterward.

<hr>
Cloud Strife

"I hope that all of my wages are suitable to the service provided," Zhenfeng replied, a bit of a sharp edge to his tone, perhaps indicating either humor or annoyance, or perhaps, both. He was a bit surprised that the scholar wanted to end the visit so early, and it shown on his face. He said, "Well, if you must go now, I will not keep you. I would enjoy a meeting at some point where we can speak for a bit longer, however."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Charlemagne wrote:Unfortunately, blowing the dust off his robes had taken longer than he had hoped, but after washing his hands and face, and taking a few deep breaths, he emerged to see Liangyu waiting for him. "Oh...well, my apologies dear. I'd thought you would have run ahead to see your father. I would have been more expedient, had I known you were waiting."

The old scribe looked around the halls and took note of how the manor was kept. Finally, he turned back to the young girl. "Shall we then?"
She nods quite cheerfully and heads to her father's hall, the scholar in tow. Then, she bows, and says,

"Father, I'm finally here from Puyang! Oh my...this place is so much bigger. So, anyways, I brought someone here to meet you. He is a poet named Li Ning! He was wondering if he could work here, and help me learn my books... Though, that'd be something to discuss between you..."

She moved off to one side, leaving Li Ning in conversation with her father, and just watching curiously...
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

The old man bowed as gracefully as he could. Nodding to the young woman, he smiled. As he turned back to the man, he grew somewhat embarrassed. "Your daughter is most willful, Lord Xia. And eager to please you. You should be proud."

Not bothering to linger on the matter, he moved along. "And as for the education of your daughter, I must apologize. Our idle conversation on the long road here progressed into hypotheticals that I was wrong to even entertain. Your daughter's education should be your business, and my opinion should be nothing, unless your lordship requests it. Please, forgive me in this matter."
Ranger Ryu
New Recruit

Post by Ranger Ryu »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Shadow
Ranger Ryu

"That is intriguing," Xi replied. "I did not know of your army being in this province. Perhaps I need better scouts." He drifted off for a moment, then came back to the conversation with a shake of his head. "Regardless, I am impressed. I am in need of people with abilities such as yours. If you are willing to pledge your service, I will accept."

Zhao Puyang has been accepted (pending his consent and officer information posting)! PH access comes afterward.
"Yes thank you Lord Xia Xi, I promnise I will not let you down *he bowed to his new lord and left to get his weapons back*
Zhao Puyang, Age:27
89-79-45-75-25
Skills: Gongshu II,Sortie II,Military Administrator II,Wall II
2000 peronal soldiers-Halbreds