Jiang Sei's Audience Hall - Huainan

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Mr Balor
New Recruit

Post by Mr Balor »

Tei sighed, combing his fingers out through his forelocks, revealing the brand on his forehead, as well as the one on the back of his right hand. "One gold piece for every eight men isn't a demand. It's just the offer we've currently received. If they bid more, our price goes up. In any case... you don't need to worry about paying us until the job's done."

Tei's hand slipped down to hold his chin as he considered the other questions asked. "We're in Huainan for now. We heard blood was in the water, so it seemed a good place to start out. As for demands... are you interested in taking Huaiyin? A battle there would be a good opportunity for our army to prove its value. Let us do the fighting, give us our pay afterwards if you're satisfied, and we all come out happy."

"In fact... we'll probably just be fighting Huaiyin, unless you think there's a better way to put us on the map. Feel free to fight us over it this month, if you like, or just let us conquer it for you. Your flag or ours, the choice is yours to make. Though, I would recommend just sitting this one out and letting us do the lifting, Magistrate. You have the lives of your people to think of, after all." He lifted an eyebrow to her, turning his head slightly to the side.
Fua Tei 61-48-71-96-44
Skills: Civil Administrator II, Entrench II, Politician II, Volley II
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

"How many troop do you have under your command, Sir Fua?" She asked plainly. "This way, I can gauge my resources better."
Mr Balor
New Recruit

Post by Mr Balor »

Tei burst out into a quick laugh at her incredulous response, his eyes gleaming. "Huaiyin has no hope in this world to remain sovereign. Between your show of force at Xuyi and the confidence we have in our own forces, I have no doubt of this. As to being foes or not, I have no preference in the matter. Though I draw breath, I have consigned myself to death already. Such is the way of our army We would be happy to conquer any city you like, but being Personal Armies, my men can only flex their muscles in the province they're based. A cruel twist to the rules of warfare. Rules that you, a ruler, have no need to follow."

He half turned, looking towards the entrance as if towards the forces he represented. "We number over ten thousand. 3,000 trained Siege Engineers and over 7,000 armored halberdiers would be at your command. You took this city with an army not nearly as well equipped as ours. A testament to the skill of your commander." He turned back to her, lifting his hands together and clapping them lightly. "I hear it was a glorious victory."
Fua Tei 61-48-71-96-44
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

"Impressive, indeed." She said with a smile. "Then if I pay for your services, you would turn the city over to me? Why would you do that if you can rule it yourself?"
Mr Balor
New Recruit

Post by Mr Balor »

"Ruling a city would tie us down. Besides, attempting to build a power base here would be idiotic. You already control a city, and there are regional powers to all sides. Jiujiang in the south, or Dai in the north would be better if we wanted to rule. Right now, we want two things..." He lifted up one finger. "Money and..." He brought up another finger, "Reputation."

"You don't need to take my word for it, but I think it's plain to see that it would be foolish for us to try to rule Huaiyin."
Fua Tei 61-48-71-96-44
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Yi Lian smiled and said, "Very well then, once you have taken Huaiyin, come back here and claim your gold. If your word is true, and you take down Huaiyin, I will see how to compensate you when you come back. Good luck, Sir Fua."
Mr Balor
New Recruit

Post by Mr Balor »

"Sir?" He cocked a brow at her, lifting up his hair to reveal the character for 'corpse' that had been branded into the smooth skin of his forehead. "Magistrate, my allies and I... we are already just bodies strewn on the battlefield. We simply aren't aware of where or when we'll come to rest. There isn't any need to treat a cadaver so respectfully."

Nonetheless, her dropped his hand before bowing to her for her time, leaving her hall with a certain smug satisfaction in his gait. The stage was set, now it was up to them to show the world what they were capable of.
Fua Tei 61-48-71-96-44
LoganR
New Recruit

Post by LoganR »

Kimche wrote:
Some of the guards do remember Zhou Zhu and bowed slightly at him. One of them came forward and said, "Sir Zhou, it's good to see you again. Lady Yi is inside. Go on in."

They allowed Zhou Zhu inside to the Audience Hall where Yi Lian was situated. When she saw him, she stood and said, "Sir Zhou! Am I glad that you're here. Because I have a task for you to do!"

PM!
Zhou Zhu agrees: "I will do what you ask."
RWhity

Post by RWhity »

Wu Shu didn't have any other choices either. So he agrees. "I did not receive any other offers, so I will accept."
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

RWhity wrote:Wu Shu didn't have any other choices either. So he agrees. "I did not receive any other offers, so I will accept."
Yi Lian was curious as to why he didn't receive any other offers. But she was glad that he is coming to join her. Raising her hand in agreement, she smiled and said, "Well, I must say that I am surprised. But it's others' loss and my gain. I want to let you know that you're more than welcome to stay here. I will gain a lot by having you around. Welcome, Sir Wu Shu."

Please post your Officer Information in Yi Lian's Officer Information!