Talk

Moderator: Game Masters

Fei Dao
New Recruit

Post by Fei Dao »

<Looks at Shizzyme> Well, somebody has a huge ego. Oh, and, Elminister, who were you in the first place?
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Hey Cao Chao. If you want to do a Bio, try one for Guan Ying, the Cavalry General who served both Liu Bang and Han Xin.

He's not an easy one, since he doesn't have his own chapter Wink.

Or, if you're feeling particularly ambitious, we'll need one on Liu Bang's son, the Emperor Hui.
I'll try... No promises though...

Edit (6:41): Sigh... Let's see how good my Chinese reading skills... x_X
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Chinese?

Kymvir and I have been doing the bios from the Burton Watson translation of the Grand Histories. Of course, if you know Chinese and want to look at them that way, go for it. I've been told that the translation is excellent as far as translations go, though. Of course, whatever you have access with to help is great :)
Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

Heh....I can't even say a sentence in Chinese, let alone read it! I'll just twiddle the my thumbs when SimRTK is during its military phase, plotting revenge on Heretic and going my plans for making Ma Rui into as much of a killing machine as possible sans tier-3 skills....I am looking forward to this. I think I'll use Ma Rui here...only she'll be older....instead of a kit, I shall unleash a full-grown kitsune...
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Chinese?

Kymvir and I have been doing the bios from the Burton Watson translation of the Grand Histories. Of course, if you know Chinese and want to look at them that way, go for it. I've been told that the translation is excellent as far as translations go, though. Of course, whatever you have access with to help is great :)
Well, Kym did say that Guan Ying wasn't really mentioned. I'm just checking some old Chinese reference books on the subject to see if they mention Guan Ying at all...
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I'd just like to point out that I was rooting for Bo Bice :) He's the first person I've seen on there who actually looked to me like could become a superstar. Carrie Underwood probably has a chance, though, since she sings country :D
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

I heard from an unreliable source that a radio show had claimed to know that the difference in votes was around 250.

Also: As we approach the opening of the sim - it's close btw - people should familiarize themselves with the rules. Especially look at the turn flow which is described in the Kingdom Turn section:

http://www.simwarlords.net/phpBB2/viewt ... ?p=495#495

it's different from other sims and we don't want people to get confused at the start.
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

I watched it last night for white noise purposes. My attention was focused on WoW and squashing those annoying Defias bastards. I did think Bo had the rebel looks of a rocker and Carrie looked prefab.

Heehee..all we need are some rulers. I recommend Liu Drew so I can laugh at him.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I want Shi Zhi Mi to rule, so I can laugh at him! Ha Ha!
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

Hardly..SZM doesn't rule! Unless I am forced to via staff GMs. Until Yanny gets back then I get to foist KTs back on him and sweet halcyon freedom is mine once more!