Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Fayul
New Recruit

Post by Fayul »

MLB Baseball 2005, at the moment. Obvious with fantasy rosters. Go equal playing fields!

My roster, off the top of my head. Not counting all the pitchers, or some backup position players.

C: I. Rodriguez/J. Molina
1B: D. Young
2B: A. Soriano
SS: C. Guillen
3B: M. Ensberg
LF: M. Stairs/M. Bradley
CF: B. Clark
RF: I. Suzuki
SP: B. Zito/T. Wakefield
RP: R. Cormier
SU: S. Barcik
CP: A. Benitez

Also, I've been trying to finally complete FFX, but I don't have the will to go randomly level for no reason or devise some ingenious strategy for Braska's Final Aeon. Sigh.
Lu Cyan
Officer

Post by Lu Cyan »

I never bought any of the Kessen games cause I thought they were only about Japan, but only 1 and 3 are about Japan, the other is about the RTK era. DT2 is getting boring fast :(. Madden does get boring fast too but I still play all my games ;). Taking a break on Xenogears, 15 hours into it and still 65 hours to go :-/ . RTK VII is still the best RTK ever made and I hope to God RTKX is something remotely similar. Dynasty Warriors 5 is not as great as I thought it would be... the game is too childish and geared more for new players rather than current fans.
ExiledPrince
Tornado III!

Post by ExiledPrince »

Mmm, for those of you who have been shielded from my rantings....that ends now!

The game I'm currently addicted to is called Victoria. Its a 1830s-1920 game, worldwide. Play whoever you like, the "uncivilized" nations of Japan or China, the British Empire, US (or CSA if you pick the civil war starting), or try to unify nations as Prussia or one of the Italian states (including the Papacy!)

Quite fun, currently my Imperial Japanese Army forces have cut china in two, with 2 Million Chinese troops trapped in the Gobi desert. Huzzah!

Oh, its kinda like RTK, except 20x more complex and in Real Time. Turns are for wimps :wink:

I got RTK7, but I stopped there. RTK isn't that appealing to me since it seems a bit too slow for my taste.
Lu Cyan
Officer

Post by Lu Cyan »

Victoria sounds like Civilization ;)
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Hmmm, I didn't mention what I've been playing recently :) Over the course of this month I've been playing some combination of Stella Deus, Kessen III, Warsong (a game for the Genesis Kymvir recommended), and Rise of the Phoenix. Rise of the Phoenix is the sole game I can find made over this time period. While it is different enough from the RTK series (yes, it's made by KOEI) that you can't just jump into it and expect the gameplay to be the same, it is close enough. I think that RTK 9 kinda took some things from it, with the 5 officer unit and not having to necessarily fight city to city. Very easy once you have beat it once or twice, though. I have busied myself with playing it and firing all of my officers. However, I find that the other ruler (you can only be Xiang Yu or Liu Bang) always seems to end up getting himself killed.

Back playing Stella Deus at the moment, though. Just finished going through 6 levels of the catacombs to level my people up to beat some annoying boss. It was amazingly easy when I did it, though.
Xiahou Ping
Lieutenant

Post by Xiahou Ping »

Games that I have played recently:

Championship Manager 5 (Football Sim, still waiting for the patch to come out though to fix it :? )

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic 2 (Star Wars single player RPG. Great game, and takes a long time to complete)

ROTK8 (Everyone knows this I hope :P )

Normally i just play Unreal Tournament 2004, except what with my exams, and a poor connection of late, I just havnt had the time. When I do play it, you can find me under the nick [FtUC]SquadDIE.

Currently I'm waiting for Dynasty Warriors 5 here in the UK.
Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

I am a happy man...just got Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.....
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
Xi
Officer

Post by Xi »

I've been lured into the world of MMOs. City of Heroes and Guild Wars are my current obsessions. I still tinker some with the Megaman Collection, NHL2k5, and RTKIX. KOTOR and KOTORII are on their way though. After seeing the third episode...well... ;)
Hua Jin
Officer

Post by Hua Jin »

Xi wrote:I've been lured into the world of MMOs. City of Heroes and Guild Wars are my current obsessions. I still tinker some with the Megaman Collection, NHL2k5, and RTKIX. KOTOR and KOTORII are on their way though. After seeing the third episode...well... ;)
I wish I could be playing Guild Wars right now but my graphics card sucks so it wont finish installing.
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

World of Warcraft is a pixelated liquid opium that I pump into my veins via IV every night. Yum!