Talk

Moderator: Game Masters

Rurouni Kenshin
Not a ruler!

Post by Rurouni Kenshin »

SwissStopwatch wrote:
Kyung Dae-Seung wrote:Second what? It's official as of minutes ago.

Can anyone tell me what the name Kyung Dae-Seung comes from? :wink:
You've said a few times that he was a Korean Soap Opera character, I think.
I thought he was a Korean general :?
Tien Zhejin (26) The Black Whirlwind 87*-78*-20-67-43 Military Administrator II, Delay II, Instructor I, Sortie II, Qiangshu I.
Items: Heaven Slasher (Billhook +3 Might), Logistics and March Tactics (+4 Command).
Followers: Tien Liang(31) 68-78-47-61-43 Discipline II, Spy I, Rupture I, Raid I, Politician I, Rally I, Diplomat I.
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Don't know about Kyung, but all his starting NPCs are korean too.
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

Hmm..that means more target practice for my archer general. Yum.
The Xiong Nu have left the building!

Liu Bei(43) 90-40-63-62-80
Military Adminstrator II, Marksman II, Lure I, Diplomat II, Politican I
Item: Dai Lu(Horse: +3 Speed, + 1 Attack)
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Shi Zhi Mi wrote:Hmm..that means more target practice for my archer general. Yum.
I'll give you plenty of targets Shi... if you atleast would respond to my letter! :(
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

For all who send me letters....I'm sitting on them until tomorrow evening. Want to give people the chance to send 'em out, and spend time considering them. Not that that'll do me much good...I (almost)never pick a good lord on my first try....
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Elminster wrote:For all who send me letters....I'm sitting on them until tomorrow evening. Want to give people the chance to send 'em out, and spend time considering them. Not that that'll do me much good...I (almost)never pick a good lord on my first try....
Hehe, guess that doesn't say much about the person you end up serving first. :)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

Kyung Dae-Seung was a Korean general during the Age of Warriors in the Koryo Dynasty, age lasting from 1170 to 1196. Kyung was the defacto ruler from 1179 to 1183. He was loved by the people, which made the Emperor jealous of him. He later died due to the fact that he was made by the Emperor to wait for one of his audiences for four days and fell ill due to the weather conditions.

To Kym: I knew it! Figured as much... :wink:

To Shi: Like I said, I have lackeys. You don't. :wink:
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Normally, I wouldn't post PMs, but this was too good of a first day to not share. Too big to put in the game OOC thread, so I'm just gonna put it here. The following is posted with Jao's permission:
Pi Xie wrote:Lord Jao,

It is the duty of filial men, that in times of both war and peace, that they act in a manner befitting their station, as well as one that will not bring dishonor to their lord. They need be dilligent in civil duty, respectful in foreign affairs, and reverent in their dealings with their superiors.

Should the man who fails his lord in these endeavors be rewarded for his shortcomings, it represents only decay in the house of his lord, and such ignorance to the proper ways of diplomacy can only lead to the downfall of his master. Strong leaders know when men need rebuke, and their punishment is swift, if they be noble men.

It is also the responsibility of those offended, to allow the lord of the antagonist an oppurtunity to ammend the problematic situation at hand. For a ruler can not be expected to fix an ill he knows not of, nor to punish the criminal who is not accused.

These things born into my mind, I submit to you the following information, knowing that you, as a good and honorable man, will protect that which you have toiled to build. Let it be known that this account is witnessed by liege-lord and commoner alike, and can be verified should you doubt this noble scholar's word.

I, Master Pi of the late Zhou, have been accosted by a man in your employ, and call on you to see justice done. In the early part of May, a man named Feng, who is purported to be in your service, approached me in a tavern, and unceremoniously clubbed me in the side. Being his elder, and deserving of his respect, I was outraged. Being in my 65th year, I can not be expected to defend myself against the brigand. Furthermore, he insulted my family honor by calling me uncle, when he is of no relation. Luckily, he was restrained before I could knock his pate. However, in order to see this wrong righted, I will be expecting some manner of compensation.

The good lords of the realm, Hua Li, Tien Zhejin, Zhang Gui, Jieng Jieshi, and Cao Xun have offered to rouse their armies in defense of my honor, and march on your lands to retrieve the villain Feng should you fail to grant me my retribution. Please send word that you are willing to appease my tarnished honor.

Sincerely,
The Noted Master, Pi Xie.
Jao Tiang wrote:Master Pi,

It is indeed a shame that the world has come to the day and age where anybody can knock a poor man over for any reason. I am very shocked that one of my oldest officers would do such a thing, after reading this, I was very ready to condemn you as a liar. I however, talked to the accused officer, and he did admit to hitting somebody in a tavern. I do not believe in coincedences, and so I assume that is must have been yourself.

I however, also do not believe in capital punishment for such a crime. For one bruise, you would end the great thing that is a human life? It would never be the same again, would you make all his family and friends hate you for the rest of their lives, for just knocking your esteemed self over?

I do agree that some sort of lesson must be learned, so I requested that he write a letter of apology, and then travel to your estates and act as your servant for a day. You should be expecting him shortly.

With respect,
Jao Tiang, Administrator of Ji.
Pi Xie wrote:Noble Master Jao,

Please be advised, that I wish no further interraction with this man known as Feng. Be also advised, that I never called for his life. That would go against the Taoist traditions which I have studied for a half century. However, it is with great disappointment that I receive your letter. You send to me the man who assaults me, and would expect me to take him into service, where he could further do me harm.

I am not a great fool Lord Jao. Your assumption that I am, is quite false. This insult, is nothing less than that of your servant, and I resent it with all my heart. I shall continue in my denunciation of your rule, until such time as I am appeased. The other noble lords will doubtless, after seeking my counsel and building with me a solid rapport, be quite irrate at this mistreatment of my gentle person.

A simple public apology, and a compensation of 500 gold taels would have sufficed. However, it would seem your pride or arrogance will not allow you to right the grievous wrong done to me. I shall grant you another fortnight to alter your decision, at which time I will know whether you are a man of honor, or a threat to the civility of China.

Pi Xie, Scholar of Chenliu
Jao Tiang wrote:To Master Pi,

I do not take you for a fool, and I try not to take anybody for a fool, as it tends to mean I regret this thing later. Which is not a good way to go. Some people enjoy watching their lessers suffer, however I see that you are a man of a more noble creed, and I'm sure that he will be happy to announce a public apology in the near future. Enclosed with this letter is 500 Gold Taels, use with it what you will.
Good luck to you in your future Master Pi.

With respect,
Jao Tiang, Governer of Ji
Start a bar fight, tell a few lies, double your starting gold!
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Sucks in the J-Unit :lol: :lol:
Elminster wrote: For all who send me letters....I'm sitting on them until tomorrow evening. Want to give people the chance to send 'em out, and spend time considering them. Not that that'll do me much good...I (almost)never pick a good lord on my first try....
Lucky you added 'almost' into that post :P

Sit on letters hmm thats an interesting idea.

*Goes off to sit on his letters from the bill people*
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

*Bill people keep sending letters. Eventually, repo men come and take Tom's stuff away*

So, in everyone's honest opinion, do you think that the Qin or the rebels have the edge?