The Music Thread!

Moderator: Game Masters

TheComeback
Officer

Post by TheComeback »

Shao Yun wrote:I like Rap music a lot
Hear Hear!
People can't accept rap... makes me sad.
They just diss it to prove that they're a "rocker"
REAL rockers like rap.
Anyone here like Hatebreed, Throwdown, or other kinds of Hardcore?
Ling Fu
Ensign

Post by Ling Fu »

I like Soundgarden....and Beastie Boys!

Im a Real Rocker 8-)
Ling Fu, Magistrate of Xiandi, Yin
Gold: 0
Items: Lv1 Sword Shifting Heavens
Command: 49
Might: 90*
Intellect: 48
Judgement: 25
Charm: 93
Fame: 75
Challenge, Enrage, Jianshu, Hearten, Inspire, Rally.

Followers:
Sun Hui(28) 31-48-69-86-64 Enrage II, Wedge I, Dash I, Rally I, Smith I, Marksman I
Shan Yang(35) 54-55-84-51-68 Trainer II, Gongshu I, Entrench I, Formation I, Raid I, Hearten I, Delay I
400 soldiers with drill of 50 equipped with Pi Spears and Leather Armor.
In Ferro Veritas
Lieutenant

Post by In Ferro Veritas »

Dream Theater's good, but the songs are insanely long. It's like listening to a play.

I like a lot of stuff, except for country.
Xue Xia
36-35-79-89-59
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Entrench I, Poison I, Doctor
Ling Fu
Ensign

Post by Ling Fu »

I couldnt really get into Dream Theatre. I got Images and Words (?), and there was only one song I can remember really liking (track 3-forgot its name >_<)

I do like Dragonforce though, kinda like Dream Theatre, but they probably have better guitarists (they have 2-the syncranised shred solos are awesome!!!), but a weaker vocalist.
Ling Fu, Magistrate of Xiandi, Yin
Gold: 0
Items: Lv1 Sword Shifting Heavens
Command: 49
Might: 90*
Intellect: 48
Judgement: 25
Charm: 93
Fame: 75
Challenge, Enrage, Jianshu, Hearten, Inspire, Rally.

Followers:
Sun Hui(28) 31-48-69-86-64 Enrage II, Wedge I, Dash I, Rally I, Smith I, Marksman I
Shan Yang(35) 54-55-84-51-68 Trainer II, Gongshu I, Entrench I, Formation I, Raid I, Hearten I, Delay I
400 soldiers with drill of 50 equipped with Pi Spears and Leather Armor.
In Ferro Veritas
Lieutenant

Post by In Ferro Veritas »

A Change of Seasons is badass. And when they randomly make reference to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, it's just that much better. That's not ACoS, though.
Xue Xia
36-35-79-89-59
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Entrench I, Poison I, Doctor
fire_i
Major

Post by fire_i »

Van Der Graaf Generator and Jethro Tull are both insanely superior to Dream Theater - even though they themselves are good. Plus, I personally like long songs and Jethro Tull really, really went far with their 42 minutes long Thick as a Brick.
Kong Huang,
Completely dead!
And a character from the PREVIOUS version, too! Kicks ass.
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

John Petrucci is one of the best guitarists in the world today. Live, his technical ability is difficult to match let alone beat. Yeah some of Dream Theater's songs are very long (the Alcoholics Suite) but then again they are legendary progressive rock songs. If you want to listen to the most popular and in my opinion the best album then check out Train of Thought. This Dying Soul is not to everyone's taste since it strays into the metal genre, but its a very, very good song.

I keep thinking of Dragonforce as a less successful version of Iron Maiden :P but they are another decent British heavy metal band. Did anyone see/are going to see them on their current European tour?
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Ranbir
Colonel

Post by Ranbir »

Listen to the entire album from The Streets.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtvuk/music/first_ ... eets.jhtml
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.
Kain
Post 333!!!

Post by Kain »

I like that korean group SG Wannabe...

Theyre good. ^_^
Liu Jian, 17
86-97*-35-60-58
Horsemanship, Dash, Flank, Raid, Qiangshu, Wedge
10 Gold
Items: Long Spear (+1)
Army: 1600 Soldiers (65, Bronze Armor, Horses)
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

Tom wrote:I keep thinking of Dragonforce as a less successful version of Iron Maiden :P but they are another decent British heavy metal band. Did anyone see/are going to see them on their current European tour?
How dare you say that about the godly Dragonforce! >.>

Sam Totman and Herman Li are the most underrated guitarists in metal right now. Dave Mackintosh is also the most underrated drummer in metal. All the kids love crappy Joey Jordison. Hopefully they will get to listen to a real drummer soon
Zhao Ji (15)
Stats: 33-92*-36-74-77
Skills: Challenge I, Cover I, Doctor, Faze I Intimidate II, Maraud I, Raid I, Yueshu II
Gold: 125
--
"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"