Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

I own an Xbox and to be honest I own two games for it. Halo 2 and Fable. None of the other games really interested me or I could borrow them from a friend.
The Xiong Nu have left the building!

Liu Bei(43) 90-40-63-62-80
Military Adminstrator II, Marksman II, Lure I, Diplomat II, Politican I
Item: Dai Lu(Horse: +3 Speed, + 1 Attack)
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

I don't really play that mant console games as of late, seem to have lost some of its appeal, still every week or so I might get the ps2 out with mates for a few hours of multiplayer fun.

X-Box LAN is really fun, especially on Halo 2
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

I actually find the KotOR games to be my favorite X-box games. My brother also owns a whole bunch of others like the splitercell series, Soul Caliber, the two Mech warriors games, and Halo 2 that I also like. I enjoyed playing Fable, but I had some problems with how it turned out.

Unlike the KotOR games going down the evil or good path had very little real effect on the actual game in Fable, which was a disappointment. The ending also seemed rather weak.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Yeah, Halo and KotOR were my favorite Xbox games, too. I really hate the PS2 system, though ... it's just got some good games.
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

It's got Romance of the Three Kingdoms Series. That's enough for me to buy it!

:: twitches due to anticipation of RTK X ::
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Yeah, isn't that out next week!? :)
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

This week... Wednesday!

:: twitch ::

How many officers for the new one? Seven hundred some odd? And the historcial cutscenes...

:: twitch ::
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:I actually find the KotOR games to be my favorite X-box games. My brother also owns a whole bunch of others like the splitercell series, Soul Caliber, the two Mech warriors games, and Halo 2 that I also like. I enjoyed playing Fable, but I had some problems with how it turned out.

Unlike the KotOR games going down the evil or good path had very little real effect on the actual game in Fable, which was a disappointment. The ending also seemed rather weak.
Yeah, I knock XBox but I just spent most of Saturday and a good portion of Sunday playing KoTOR II, heh. I really do like that game a lot. I think I'm about at the end, since I have no control over where I go again.

And yeah, Fable was huge hype, but disappointing in the end. The storyline is the exact same and so rigid. Plus, it is extremely easy after the first time you play it. I just kept killing random people until my evil went all the way up, then got into one of the demon doors and got some weapon that made me nearly invincible for where I was in the story. I did get really into it the first time I played it, but toward the end I just kept shaking my head. I hated the ending, it was so weak.

But yeah, the KoTOR's are amazing. I can tell where Obsidian got rushed with the storyline, though, since at the end I can hardly tell what's going on. So much stuff gets thrown at me and I feel like I'm just being drug along. But...oh well :)
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

I think the first KoTOR had a better plot, but the second one was also a lot of fun to play. I only played it once through as a tormented exile, who was not so much evil, as he was believing he had done what was necessary. Ultimately I fell, but I wouldn't say I was unrepentedly evil. I may need to play again and try a more heroic route.

PlayStation 2 does have some good games. The Grand theft Autos, Romance of the three Kingdom games, etc.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Apparently much of the storyline in KOTOR II had to be cut at the end to meet the Lucas Arts deadline. It would have been much better if they'd agreed to a delay of like 2 weeks but nope - they said ship as is.