Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Energetic Lemur

Post by Energetic Lemur »

Is it just me, or is the Lego star wars game actually really good? My friend thinks it's better than the Revenge of the sith game.

he he, Lego :D
Xiasiwang
Sergeant

Post by Xiasiwang »

There's hardly any information out about the Nintendo Revolution except that it will easily be the most backwards compatible game console in existence. How cool can it not be to download old Nintendo games as far back as NES onto a shiny new system? Those were some awesome games back in the day.

But anyway, that's the only thing I've heard concerning Revolution.

And by the way, from what I'm seeing, Xbox 360 is at least somewhat backwards compatible, to answer another question a while back, but I don't know to what extent.
Su Kai (27)
78-93-59-39-75
Dash II, Enrage III, Inspire II, Reactive Defense II
Gold: 100

Keeper of the Fireseal
Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

I've heard only certain games will be backwards compatible...
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

If the consoles aren't backward compatable then there is is a problem there, especially if I going to shell out so much money for them...
Gafgarion
Ensign

Post by Gafgarion »

As far as I've heard, PS3 will be backwards compatible with both PS1 and 2. Xbox 360 will only be backwards compatible with a few games (probably just the big name games, ala Halo and Fable and such). And, of course, the Revolution will have downloadable games. No idea if it's going to be compatible with Gamecube games or not, though.

I'm just waiting to see what games you can download. Whether or not it'll just be first-party games, or all kinds of games. If it's all games, then I'm buying a Revolution as soon as it ships. If it's just first-party games...well, I'll decide then. Although I really am looking forward to Smash Bros. online...

Of course, most of this stuff was probably already said, but I can't be bothered to look back through a whole one page :)
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Smash Bros online! I would buy the revolution just for that game... well maybe. I loved the original game, multiplayer fun! Will the downloadable games be charged via a credit card or something or will they be free to play?
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Gafgarion
Ensign

Post by Gafgarion »

As far as I know, there hasn't been any info on them. Of course, I'm hoping they're free, but the chances of that are slim to none. I'm guessing...maybe $5 a game, $10 tops. Any more than that, and nobody would end up getting them. And I'd assume, if it's pay to play, it'd be bought via a CC.

And yeah, I'm going to end up buying a Revolution just for Smash Bros. online, since I've got nobody to play with in my neck of the woods. Whether or not I'll end up paying the $300 or so to get the system when it first comes out...haven't decided. There's a good chance I will, though.
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

$400 for a PS3? $80 for a PS3 game? That game better be the best video game ever produced... and that goes for every single one of them.
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

I agree, its going to be an absolute rip-off if they stick with those prices. It brings back the old days of N64 cartridges being super expensive, except they actually had memory built in saving you on memory card space! If Sony want to win back the market again they are going to need to price competitively.
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I bought a PS2 close to when they first came out for about $350, and that didn't include a memory card or the appropriate cord I needed to use for my type of TV (Then I didn't have the fancy red/white/yellow cords). $400 isn't that much higher, and it depends on what it comes with. It never made sense that a Memory Card wouldn't come with the game, since it is essentially a necessity. I doubt it will for the PS3 either, though :)

I don't see how Sony isn't still at the top. There are only a few XBox games that I ever felt were worth my time...that weren't on the PS2. I guess I'm not one of those people who buys a sports game a year for each sport even when they hardly make any updates to the actual gameplay. That wouldn't explain why I buy every KOEI game they ship out, but I'm hoping to rectify that by not buying RTK 10...for a while :)
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06