Movie Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Sin City's finally out in the UK. What a great movie it is, I now want to go back and read the original comics by Frank Miller. Probably should've done it the other way round... but hey what can you do!
Energetic Lemur

Post by Energetic Lemur »

House of flying daggers is good, but personally i prefer Crouching Tiger. That fight scene with the Chakrams rocked.

I saw Star Wars III, and although it's easy to pick holes in the plot, i prefer to just enjoy the film.

Also, has anybody else seen the trailers for Advent Children? It does actually look good.
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

Episode III was... hard to describe really. It was good and bad. High points and low points. Great battles but the script... such wooden dialogue.

I saw House of Flying Daggers and loved it. I'm really starting to get into Zhang Ziyi. If you watched House of Flying Daggers because of Zhang Ziyi, go get yourself Musa: The Warrior. Excellent movie.
FailSenses
Ensign

Post by FailSenses »

I have seen the trailers of Advent Children, and yeah by the looks of it it's going to be a great movie indeed. I can't wait to watch it.

Hey has anybody else in here heard about the movie that is beign made about Chi Bi?
_Fu Jin Feng_
[ 99-83-70-52-18 ]
Skills: Scout, Field Advisor, Maneuver II, Reactive Defense II, Wedge II.
Gold: 50
Items: Wartime Strategy (Command +3)
Iron Pole (Statless)
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Kyung Dae-Seung wrote:Episode III was... hard to describe really. It was good and bad. High points and low points. Great battles but the script... such wooden dialogue.
Compared to Episode II, the Dialogue in III was immaculate.
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

[quote=Failsenses"]Hey has anybody else in here heard about the movie that is beign made about Chi Bi?[/quote]

:: nods ::

The Battle of the Red Cliffs is the title of the movie. Other than that, it's mostly rumors that are heard.
FailSenses
Ensign

Post by FailSenses »

Well I just hope they don't ruin the glorious image of Chi Bi that we all have. :|
_Fu Jin Feng_
[ 99-83-70-52-18 ]
Skills: Scout, Field Advisor, Maneuver II, Reactive Defense II, Wedge II.
Gold: 50
Items: Wartime Strategy (Command +3)
Iron Pole (Statless)
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

I don't know how or if it will do justice. If you saw the Romance of the Three Kingdoms TV Series, they did a pretty good job for a television show.
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Batman begins is out in two days. Looking at the reviews of it and it looks quite positive so far. They decided not to go for corny, comic film but a more serious and dark film. I didn't realise they had batman comic books for adults...
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
KDS
Lord

Post by KDS »

It's interesting that they picked Christian Bale to pick up where the other Batman actors left off. How about we rate Batmans? Who's the best? Who's the worst?