V8 discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

V8 discussion

Post by Phailak »

Lots of stuff being stored in another thread, will merge eventually.

I thought a lot about two things while I was away, fixing Duels so they don't hold up turns and creating a strategist role.

So Champion role. Has to be in melee layer. His stats are added at a % to ATT, DEF, SPD of both layers. To be a champion, have to have the persuasion skill (maybe we rename it). Maybe level of it affects % of stats used? Like level 1 gives 5%, 2 = 10%, 3 15%? Not sure if that is too much.

If both armies have champions, there a duel. Tactics are set during same time as battle tactics. If one side doesn't have a champion, morale hit and maybe increase in chance of captures? Not sure, to be discussed.

Startegist role. Has to be in support layer. His stats are added to tactic success and defense for all layers. To be strategist would need new skill TBD. Maybe each level represents 5% like champion.

Not sure about impacts of not having a strategist VS having one, maybe they affect escape chance? I'm thinking Zhuge Liang vs Sima Yi, maybe we can come up with something like that which is not as developed as the duel system but some rolls which 'take out' the other strategist?
AaronH229
General

Re: V8 discussion

Post by AaronH229 »

Maybe not having a strategist means that your support layer tactics are reduced effectiveness?

Not having a champion does the same but for melee?

Maybe have escape chance formula be something similar to duel chance now with it being escaping officer vs champion stats?
Shen Feng
Colonel

Re: V8 discussion

Post by Shen Feng »

If you're giving stat boosts to the army for having a champion and strategist, maybe the penalty for not having one should just be that you don't get those stat boosts?