TKU

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

TKU

Post by Phailak »

OK so, I have been working on this for a while. Basically, it's a mash up between strategy game and battle royale (think Fortnite).

I call it Three Kingdoms Unification or TKU.

This is draft 1, almost entirely proof of concept version. I have SO MANY more ideas to implement but wanted to make sure the base of a game can work here.

In this version, you will be against 19 other NPC warlords. In the lobby, you will get 60 seconds to name your character, roll and reroll his stats and choose a starting location. Once that is done, the objective is to move to each city using clicks and searching them for soldiers and a small boost to stats.

Battle is simple in this version, if you get attack, you have no choice to duke it out. You can get ganged up on but you can't switch targets, you must kill or be killed by your original target. Only way to win is to be last man standing.

To make sure people don't start at the edge of the map and stay there while NPCs kill each other, there is a Battle Unification China circle that keeps getting smaller over time. If you are not within that circle, you get desertion losses at the rate of 1 per level of the BUC.

You have four stats that also give 4 sub stats, they are

LDP = Determines how many soldiers you can have max (LDP * 10). Also used in MOV and SCO
WAR = Right now has no use, will be used for duels in later versions. Also used in SCO and ATT
STG = Right now has no use, will be used for tactics in later versions. Also used in ATT and DEF
CHA = Right now has no use, will be used to affect soldiers recruited and NPC recruitment later versions. Also used in MOV and DEF.

MOV = Determines how quickly you move. CHA * 2 + LDP
SCO = Determines how far you can see. LDP * 2 + WAR
ATT = Determines casualty factor against DEF of opponent. WAR * 2 + STG
DEF = Determines casualty factor against ATT of opponent. STG * 2 + CHA

Casualty formula is ATT / DEF as a factor with min of 0.5 and max of 2. Base of 10 + 1-6 with 6s adding another roll. Meaning:

If you have 200 attack vs 100 Def and got rolls of 6-6-2 => 10 + 6 + 6 + 2 * 2 => 48 casualties.

Attacks are made automatically on a timer when in battle. For this version, you can't retreat from battle.

Once a city is searched by either NPC or PC, you can no longer search it.

I'll post my ideas for future versions but don't be shy on feedback and suggestions please!!!

Download: TKU

Just unzip to a folder (like c:\TKU) and start the EXE
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TKU

Post by Phailak »

So, a few thoughts on what I want to implement in next versions.

The last thing that will come into play because I am waiting on Unity's new multiplayer component to be a bit more rugged is multiplayer. The end goal is for this to be a game we can play for about 20 mins at a time and get a winner, leaderboards and all that cool stuff.

In future versions in no particular order:

Skills / Tactics. Each officer would have one skill or passive skill available to them. Some will require activation and cooldown, others will just always be active. Ideas would be like increase casualties, force duels, delay their attacks, make them attack another, make them retreat, so many options.

NPCs. Of course, having like 4-5 slots where you can recruit NPCs. Once maxed out, you could trade some for others you find or defeat (defeating some could grant chance to recruit). They would have their own skill but also grant part of their stats to the ruler (maybe like 5% or something)

Actions like retreat, hide, change targets, fortify maybe even?

Items and equipment that boost stats, grant skills?
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Discord suggestions

Swash:

1. Restart button X
2. Validate running away, should not be possible
3. Faster combat
4. Address skirt the circle strategy, faster circle? More punishing circle?

Soup
1. Fights grant stats? Captives?
2. Starting position resulting into immediate battle
3. WASD to move, not only mouse click X
4. Fix minimap, may have to do with resolution
5. Estimate enemy troop numbers X =>
if(Soldiers > 0 && Soldiers < 75)
SolEst=50;
else if(Soldiers > 74 && Soldiers < 150)
SolEst=100;
else if(Soldiers > 149 && Soldiers < 300)
SolEst=200;
else if(Soldiers > 299 && Soldiers < 700)
SolEst=500;
else if(Soldiers > 699)
SolEst=1000;
else
SolEst=0;
Tee Song Din Ge
1. Weird stats bar into minimap X
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

I think my next release will have all of the above and logins from warlords to ID each player so we can have leaderboards and such