Feedback / Comments

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Feedback / Comments

Post by Phailak »

Too busy right now, can someone find me two examples, each with comparables of 1 month wins over extended battle ones please
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

Turn 1 Victories

Example #1

Battle turn 5 against Changli (Village) - Dan Puyangluo (NPC) for Shang Bu (Suicide Fox), Song Xi (Mal Tijie), Meng Jun

Start
Attacker: 778
Defender: 607

End
Attacker: 546

Spoils of war! 94 captive soldiers join you, 60 armaments recuperated and 285 gold!

Example #2

Battle turn 5 against Donglai (Village) - Taishi Ji (NPC) for Zhang Gao (Zhang Gao), Yu Yan (Titania)

Start
Attacker: 582
Defender: 597

End
Attacker: 436

Spoils of war! 71 captive soldiers join you, 34 armaments recuperated and 164 gold!

Extended Battles

Example #1

Battle turn 6 against Xihe (Village) - Zhi Qing (NPC) for Hu Jintao (AaronH229), Shang Bu (Suicide Fox)

Start
Attacker: 684
Defender: 604

End
Attacker: 258
Defender: 144

Next Month

Start
Attacker: 600
Defender: 248

End
Attacker: 426

Spoils of war! 38 captive soldiers join you, 31 armaments recuperated and 115 gold!

Example #2

Battle turn 7 against Yu (Village) - Yun Jiaquqi (NPC) for Shang Bu (Suicide Fox)

Start
Attacker: 830
Defender: 590

End
Attacker: 487
Defender: 64

Next Month

Start
Attacker: 580
Defender: 64

End
Attacker: 580

Spoils of war! 6 captive soldiers join you, 8 armaments recuperated and 69 gold!
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Going to be honest, I'm fine with those numbers.

Call it part of going extended or spoils getting lost in the extension part of battle. From a tools point, I would need to introduce database work to track original numbers, not keen on doing that now. No way I am manually updating numbers from a battle...

Maybe next version, we can improve spoils to make it better, I want to introduce XP anyway so I could combine the two.
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

Roger dat
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

New Skills Ideas for V8

-----Skills that break game rules-----
*Marathon/Patrol-Allows use of Garrisoned Troops for Attacks. 10% per level.
-----Could be phrased as Lower the Amount of Garrisoned Troops for max efficiency and come with a different name such as Patrol, probably easier to code and less likely to cause a bug and provides a similar effect.
Level 1: 450 Village, 1350 Town, 2250 City
Level 2: 400 Village, 1200 Town, 2000 City
Level 3: 350 Village, 1050 Town, 1750 City

*Refurbish-Allows you to break down items to get back materials. 10% per level.
---At 30% and Level 3 Crafting Skill. Inputs.
-----100 CP =90 CP
-----300 CP =300 CP Weird Equilibrium but those farming for Traits are still out 70 Gold and+2 is pretty meh.
-----600 CP =450 CP
-----1000 CP =630 CP
-----1500 CP = 840 CP

-----More to be Added-----
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Counter Ops. Spend Spy Points to destroy spy points of someone targeting you with an op
Titania
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Titania »

Okay - it's clear that alliances and the like are a pretty big discussion topic.... Having just started, I'm going in a little blind to previous conversations or ideas that may have been brought up. Here's a couple of ideas that I've had based on some people's worries that have been brought up.

I am one who thinks that we should be allowed to support each other. However, I can understand where that can get out of hand. Perhaps we can put a limit on how much one player can support the other? For example, say I have 1000 guys and Mardagg is part of my alliance, he can only provide up to say 25% of my troops in battle, so he could only throw in another 250 dudes with pointy sticks. This can be built on depending on the number of people in your alliance, so if you have three in your alliance that all have a route to you, you can get up to 75% of your current numbers thrown in, all of which has to be determined and put in as part of the planning phase like it is currently.

To go hand in hand with that, perhaps reinforcements while defending should take a turn or two in the battle to arrive to help - that way it's actually like reinforcements that would have had to march on little warning? And if there's not a direct path, then you depend on the battle going extended, which the reinforcements would arrive in time for the next part of the extended battle?

Another thing that could happen is that I've noticed a lot of people share the fear that it will be a popularity contest, with everyone flocking to one person. One way to fight that is putting a cap on the number of people that can officially ally with another? Say that there is a cap of three or four - that way IF it becomes a popularity contest (I don't think it will necessarily, but IF) the person would have to pick and choose their official allies who can back them up and vice versa. That in itself would also add RP implications and options, I think.

Again, I don't know if these ideas have been brought up before, or if they will necessarily work, but I thought I would throw them out here.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Going from memory but end of V5 had a cap of 50% that could be used. You could bring whatever you wanted, but the allies total could not surpass 50% of the defender or attacker's army. That was to avoid having big guys get involved in small battles

I can't do the late thing with the tools, it would be a mess. Maybe we can do supply hits, we'll see

I don't want to impose limits because it will be difficult to keep track of it, either coop is open or it's not. I don't mind putting mechanical limitations though.

I think most of the discussion after V7 will center around this
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Civil skills balance and comments.

Versatile might as well be called scavenger. Yes you can use it on locations so it is indeed versatile I actually think the skill is good as is.

Specific Civil skills like investor infiltrator politician. Vs Administrator.

Administrator is the hands down favorite cause it like all civil skills in one. So I think administrator needs a nerf or the civil skills need a buff.
Anoriand
Most hated man in China

Post by Anoriand »

Administrator gives *way* less, though. That's the balance. It gives, I believe, 3% per level to gains on all stats (soldiers, gold, arms, npc points, spy points). So Investor might gives 10% to just gold, but Administrator gives 15% spread to all stats. It's more percentage, but unfocused. For someone who has an abundance of, say, armaments, it makes it less effective.

It's a checks and balances thing.