Marshal

Re: OOC Thread V4

Post by Royalspork »

That's not how balance works Mardagg. :/
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

Considering both side can use 20 officers or so it is balance from my point of view... this only show that not only the CiC of each layer is important: it was a lot more with 10 officers.
Shen Feng
Colonel

Post by Shen Feng »

It might be too late now to make a difference, but I wanted to take the time to mention that in the last number of turns, only Ma Dieu has actually made any attempt to win me to his side. When you go back more months, before the end-game, both Ma Dieu and Wu had tried to woo me to their side, which led to me staying out of their battles when everyone else ganged up on Wu. But since then the only person who's made any effort to reach me diplomatically has been Ma Dieu. I don't know if we can count Wu's attempt to force my surrender when they invaded me.

I know it seems like roleplay has basically ground to a halt with the end game shift, but I'd hoped more people would be trying to play the game of alliances. I don't know that I'm important enough to make a difference had I stood against Ma Dieu instead of with him, but it couldn't have hurt, could it? But no one even tried, and I find that a bit disappointing. :(
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Ma Dieu just defeated the last ruler with any IC bonds to anyone. Myself, Kern, and AaronH are all fill ins from other kingdoms that joined to make the kingdom run and the game go forward. In truth, this sim died as an IC entity around the time Mardagg beat Xiang Yu. All we have is a bunch of guys playing out the rest of the sim as a silly board game now.

Mardagg: Expanding the slots does not mean equality. All it just compounds the ability for one side to out-strive the other, in ways that the battle calc was not prepared to handle, as you just showed us. Congrats, you've more or less won this game, Mardagg. But I believe you won due to different reasons than you will give yourself credit for. Lets just hope you can recreate such a result for my kingdom in wotd.
Krimzon
General

Post by Krimzon »

Shen Feng wrote:It might be too late now to make a difference, but I wanted to take the time to mention that in the last number of turns, only Ma Dieu has actually made any attempt to win me to his side. When you go back more months, before the end-game, both Ma Dieu and Wu had tried to woo me to their side, which led to me staying out of their battles when everyone else ganged up on Wu. But since then the only person who's made any effort to reach me diplomatically has been Ma Dieu. I don't know if we can count Wu's attempt to force my surrender when they invaded me.

I know it seems like roleplay has basically ground to a halt with the end game shift, but I'd hoped more people would be trying to play the game of alliances. I don't know that I'm important enough to make a difference had I stood against Ma Dieu instead of with him, but it couldn't have hurt, could it? But no one even tried, and I find that a bit disappointing. :(
Hey, I tried to somewhat sway you IC with my visit :) granted, I'm no ruler or anyone of that much importance in the sim.
Mardagg
GameBreaker

Post by Mardagg »

Shen Feng I am glad you stay with us we did so much togetter :D

I learned something in the battle against Xiang Yu and use it with success in the battle against BD:
Ji Xin (xiang yu's officer) attempts to Enrage the Army, 90 chance of success.
It Succeeds.
Long Ju (xiang yu's officer) attempts to Inspire the Army, 77 chance of success.
It Succeeds.
Ma Dieu attempts a Spearwall, 78 chance of success.
It Fails.
Peng Yue (xiang yu's officer) attempts a Rupture, 37 chance of success.
It Succeeds.
Xiang Yu attempts a Breach, 77 chance of success.
It Succeeds.
Me and Agon lost almost half our melee layer in that round when we only had 10 officers and I had over 210 Def... Now that we have twice the amount of troops I figured we could easily do 2 times the casualities especially if we used more lv 3 tactics...and make sure he didn't boost his defense...

I will do my best Spork for your kingdom in wotd :D : in here I had a lot of battle to practice and 2 version to ''master'' the tactics in battle.
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Bleh, sorry to say it guys, but thar be an error! At least, I think there's one, from what I can tell!
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

I doubt it changes much from what I can see, but check with Kymvir, if he forgot you should at least get a rerun
Kern
General

Post by Kern »

Worked for Spork. But I doubt the error saves you like it did him. :P
Royalspork wrote:Ma Dieu just defeated the last ruler with any IC bonds to anyone. Myself, Kern, and AaronH are all fill ins from other kingdoms that joined to make the kingdom run and the game go forward. In truth, this sim died as an IC entity around the time Mardagg beat Xiang Yu. All we have is a bunch of guys playing out the rest of the sim as a silly board game now.

Mardagg: Expanding the slots does not mean equality. All it just compounds the ability for one side to out-strive the other, in ways that the battle calc was not prepared to handle, as you just showed us. Congrats, you've more or less won this game, Mardagg. But I believe you won due to different reasons than you will give yourself credit for. Lets just hope you can recreate such a result for my kingdom in wotd.
Editing this in. As sad as the above sounds, it's true. Grats to Mardagg more or less. If the games not over yet, it will be soon unless Spork or Wu or I get really lucky rolls against Mardagg. And even that would be a hollow victory considering the sheer lack of IC ties to our respective kingdoms.
Zu Shi (24) 112-85*-37-90-22 Aid II, Dash III, Discipline I, Entangle I, Instructor II, Trainer II, Wall II
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Well I for one had fun regardless. :D

/goes into hibernation again
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe