Tavern

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

Kuai Wei
Captain

Re: Tavern

Post by Kuai Wei »

alexoran wrote:The door to the tavern abruptly swung open and slammed against the wall. As eyes peered over to what caused the ruckus a group of about 10 men barged into the building. All of them were shirtless exposing their toned and muscular physique with sweat dripping down their body. All were chinese except for the largest of them all who was of a white tinted skin. Among them he was the most physically fit and indeed the largest and tallest.

The men were all laughing and enjoying themselves as they stomped over to a table nearby and sat about it. They were indeed not very quiet guests and were tormenting the nearby women whether they be waitresses or guests. The already rowdy group was now getting their hands on the alcohol which would soon make for an interesting night.

Moments after the sweaty brutes had sat down a young girl walked in. By the looks of her you would expect a noble girl but instead she resembled the brutes even though she had a petite figure. Her hair was a mess and her clothing was merely a strap of leather wrapped around her chest and a loincloth made of similar leather. She was also incredibly sweaty. The young girl sighed as she saw her comrades making a mess already and shook her head in disgust. She tredged over to the group and stood next to the large foreigner and smiled resting her hand on his shoulder. In return the foreigner grinned and had the girl rest herself in the man's lap just in time for the workers to deliver the much needed drinks.

(open rp)
Whispers and footsteps passed outside the tavern, shadows creeping in from under the door. FInally, the door opened and in stepped a male of somewhat above-average height and build, accompanied by two other men. The leader, whose face was covered by a mask resembling a tiger, approached the group without hesitation as did the others behind him. He analyzed the shirtless men, though this was only signified by the turn of the leader's head as his eyes were concealed by darkness.

"Explain your business here, foreigner. But before that, quiet your mindless dogs lest you wish to invoke the wrath of the Hegemon King." Demanded the tiger-faced leader.
Xiong Shou
68-98*-29-63-66 / Assemble II, Charge II, Instructor II, Jianshu II
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

Whispers and footsteps passed outside the tavern, shadows creeping in from under the door. FInally, the door opened and in stepped a male of somewhat above-average height and build, accompanied by two other men. The leader, whose face was covered by a mask resembling a tiger, approached the group without hesitation as did the others behind him. He analyzed the shirtless men, though this was only signified by the turn of the leader's head as his eyes were concealed by darkness.

"Explain your business here, foreigner. But before that, quiet your mindless dogs lest you wish to invoke the wrath of the Hegemon King." Demanded the tiger-faced leader.

Upon hearing words directed at him, the large foreigner turned about in his seat while still keeping the young girl in place in his lap as he finished chugging a cup of ale. He slammed it down onto the table and wiped his mouth with the back side of his wrist. The man grinned at this fool trying to act tough. "If we dogs then you flesh for meal."

As the leader of the brutes taunted the annoying man behind the mask the other men all roared as the continued to chug their alcohol. While all this was happening the young girl in the large foreigner's lap giggled lightly. "Don't mind us we are just wetting our throats after a long day. Maybe you should do the same instead of pretending to be fierce by wearing a mask and dropping names." as the girl finished her tongue slipped past her lips and stuck out at the man in the mask.
Aleksandr
Major

Post by Aleksandr »

yoshi wrote:(OOC: It's okay, don't sweat it.)

Hearing the sounds of feet plodding around the table she was currently lying restfully underneath, Li Xianglan sat up to see what all the ruckus was about. Seeing Di Wan sitting at the table, she frowned at him.

Li Xianglan: "Well? I answered your questions. Aren't you going to go make my clothes for me now?"

Narrowing her eyes at the center of the table, she stared suspiciously at the package Di Wan had set down earlier.

Li Xianglan: "Hold on. Is that *my* clothes? How could you make them so... wait, what day is this? Come to think of it, it feels like I've been here forever! But I can assure you that I've certainly not been drunk all this time and the fact that I've been lying on the floor of a busy tavern for gods alone know how long does not attest to my sobriety or lack thereof. Look! I'm clearly neither slurring my words comically or swaying clumsily and my face remains completely unreddened. In fact, the only thing that might even suggest that I could be drunk is that I keep protesting that I'm not."

She considered this for a moment.

Li Xianglan: "Er. Let us examine your craftsmanship."
Di Wan chuckled quietly, shrugging. "If you say so - I will raise no argument."

He unfolded the bundle on the table, spreading out the cloth before picking up the revealed garment. A grey fur wolf pelt was attached to the shoulders, making up the trim of the upper end of the robe and hanging down the back as a short mantle, while the robe itself was made of a mixture of red silk and reddish-brown strips of leather, placed mostly on the sides against the legs and down the back of each sleeve. The front of the robe was also decorated with a very simple orange embroidery.

"How does this look? Would it be.. decent for your courtly dealings?"
Di Wan (23, Male), the Marquis of Di
80-34*-82-91*-45*
Skills: Artisan II, Cover II, Decoy II, Entrench II, Gongshu, Volley II
Gold: 486
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

alexoran wrote: Upon hearing words directed at him, the large foreigner turned about in his seat while still keeping the young girl in place in his lap as he finished chugging a cup of ale. He slammed it down onto the table and wiped his mouth with the back side of his wrist. The man grinned at this fool trying to act tough. "If we dogs then you flesh for meal."

As the leader of the brutes taunted the annoying man behind the mask the other men all roared as the continued to chug their alcohol. While all this was happening the young girl in the large foreigner's lap giggled lightly. "Don't mind us we are just wetting our throats after a long day. Maybe you should do the same instead of pretending to be fierce by wearing a mask and dropping names." as the girl finished her tongue slipped past her lips and stuck out at the man in the mask.
The leader titled his head to the side while the girl spoke, ignoring the men's response for the most part.

"Is that so?"

Without waiting for an answer, the leader placed one hand on his mask and removed it, placing it on his hip. His face was pure and youthful, yet serious and fierce. This boy had spilled blood, he could no longer be looked upon as innocent.

He took a bow before the girl, his face clearly without emotional expression.

"I seek only to ensure that the people are safeguarded from the tyranny and abuse of undisciplined soldiers and officers."

The boy had now, suprisingly, changed his expression from emotionless to genuinely intrigued. He felt compelled towards the girl in her blunt yet energetic attitude, even if a hostile brute was still more than likely staring him down and chugging alcohol.

"I am Wei Zhao. My I ask your name, my lady, and that of your foreign friend?"
Xiong Shou
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

The leader titled his head to the side while the girl spoke, ignoring the men's response for the most part.

"Is that so?"

Without waiting for an answer, the leader placed one hand on his mask and removed it, placing it on his hip. His face was pure and youthful, yet serious and fierce. This boy had spilled blood, he could no longer be looked upon as innocent.

He took a bow before the girl, his face clearly without emotional expression.

"I seek only to ensure that the people are safeguarded from the tyranny and abuse of undisciplined soldiers and officers."

The boy had now, suprisingly, changed his expression from emotionless to genuinely intrigued. He felt compelled towards the girl in her blunt yet energetic attitude, even if a hostile brute was still more than likely staring him down and chugging alcohol.

"I am Wei Zhao. My I ask your name, my lady, and that of your foreign friend?"
With a light smile on the girl's face she watched this man remove his mask. He was young. From the looks of him he couldn't be that much older than herself. "oooh we have a cute one." she said accompanied by a giggle.

The large foreigner had set his alcohol down to inspect this man. He was perfectly quiet with no sound coming from him besides the light sound of his breath. The other men had also calmed themselves and were staying silent.

As the boy finished and asked of their names the girl decided it was a nice gesture. "My name is Meili and this is my minion Weiqi." she finished as she motioned to the large man who's lap she had occupied. She then motioned to the rabble sitting at the table aswell. "and these mighty men are Weiqi's strongest soldiers. The mightest of the middle kingdom!" with these words she pumped her fist into the air which was soon accompanied by the men to all cheer with triumphant vigor.

The silence of the foreigner had finally ended after the large cheer. "what want boy?" he said in a somewhat cross tone. Whether it be from his interrupting them or because Meili had complimented him on his looks was unclear.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

alexoran wrote: With a light smile on the girl's face she watched this man remove his mask. He was young. From the looks of him he couldn't be that much older than herself. "oooh we have a cute one." she said accompanied by a giggle.

The large foreigner had set his alcohol down to inspect this man. He was perfectly quiet with no sound coming from him besides the light sound of his breath. The other men had also calmed themselves and were staying silent.

As the boy finished and asked of their names the girl decided it was a nice gesture. "My name is Meili and this is my minion Weiqi." she finished as she motioned to the large man who's lap she had occupied. She then motioned to the rabble sitting at the table aswell. "and these mighty men are Weiqi's strongest soldiers. The mightest of the middle kingdom!" with these words she pumped her fist into the air which was soon accompanied by the men to all cheer with triumphant vigor.

The silence of the foreigner had finally ended after the large cheer. "what want boy?" he said in a somewhat cross tone. Whether it be from his interrupting them or because Meili had complimented him on his looks was unclear.
He blushed slightly as he was deemed "cute", which was highly unusual for the normally emotionally-immune boy.

"Then you are officers, as suspected."

The boy glanced into the foreigner's eyes, but returned to lock eyes with the girl.

"I am Zhao. It is nice to make your acquaintance, lady Meili. And you as well, Weiqi. I interrupted only to investigate your intentions here, whether you would wreak havoc upon the common folk or not. But as you seem more likely to be blowing off steam than causing mischief, it appears you will most likely remain civil enough to prevent the drawing of steel tonight."

Zhao pointed to a nearby table, which was then lifted by his companions and placed adjacent to the foreigner and his own table.

"Weiqi, these are my brothers, Du and Gao. I ask that we may join you and your friends for a drink, as men and women of war we rarely have many moments where we may relax. Even then, we must worry of knives being planted into our turned backs. So, friend, what do you say?"
Xiong Shou
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

He blushed slightly as he was deemed "cute", which was highly unusual for the normally emotionally-immune boy.

"Then you are officers, as suspected."

The boy glanced into the foreigner's eyes, but returned to lock eyes with the girl.

"I am Zhao. It is nice to make your acquaintance, lady Meili. And you as well, Weiqi. I interrupted only to investigate your intentions here, whether you would wreak havoc upon the common folk or not. But as you seem more likely to be blowing off steam than causing mischief, it appears you will most likely remain civil enough to prevent the drawing of steel tonight."

Zhao pointed to a nearby table, which was then lifted by his companions and placed adjacent to the foreigner and his own table.

"Weiqi, these are my brothers, Du and Gao. I ask that we may join you and your friends for a drink, as men and women of war we rarely have many moments where we may relax. Even then, we must worry of knives being planted into our turned backs. So, friend, what do you say?"
With the question asked Weiqi shrugged and flicked his hand upward at the three newcomers. "do as please." His words were somewhat dull sounding as if he really didn't care too much either way. The other 9 men sitting next to Weiqi and Meili looked back and forth between them then all shrugged and began to once again cheer and drink. A few of them even began to break into a song.

Meili was watching Zhao very carefully. As she watched him she had a slight smile on her face. "soooo....you understand us to be officers. So what does that make you? Is there some feeble minded man that you serve or are you just running about on an adventure?"

As Meili started a conversation up with the boy the foreigner known as Weiqi motioned over at one of the female workers. "more drink!" He glanced over at the girl in his lap and her interest in these people and sighed as he looked back to the worker. "drink for them too, on me."
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

alexoran wrote:
With the question asked Weiqi shrugged and flicked his hand upward at the three newcomers. "do as please." His words were somewhat dull sounding as if he really didn't care too much either way. The other 9 men sitting next to Weiqi and Meili looked back and forth between them then all shrugged and began to once again cheer and drink. A few of them even began to break into a song.

Meili was watching Zhao very carefully. As she watched him she had a slight smile on her face. "soooo....you understand us to be officers. So what does that make you? Is there some feeble minded man that you serve or are you just running about on an adventure?"

As Meili started a conversation up with the boy the foreigner known as Weiqi motioned over at one of the female workers. "more drink!" He glanced over at the girl in his lap and her interest in these people and sighed as he looked back to the worker. "drink for them too, on me."
Zhao sat closest to Meili and Weiqi, while his brothers sat opposite to him.

"The gesture is appreciated, Weiqi."

Zhao's brothers remained silent, the reason for this unknown. Fear? Servitude to the boy? Speculation could provide any number of possibilities, so such was fruitless.

"I am servitude to Ma Su, Meili."

Zhao downed a round of drinks quite unexpectedly and with haste.
Xiong Shou
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

Zhao sat closest to Meili and Weiqi, while his brothers sat opposite to him.

"The gesture is appreciated, Weiqi."

Zhao's brothers remained silent, the reason for this unknown. Fear? Servitude to the boy? Speculation could provide any number of possibilities, so such was fruitless.

"I am servitude to Ma Su, Meili."

Zhao downed a round of drinks quite unexpectedly and with haste.
The girl giggled again before she spoke. "ah in Liang huh? You are pretty close to us. Maybe one day you could jump the border into Qi and say hi."

Weiqi had taken a large drink right as Meili spoke and he coughed hard nearly spitting it out. He finally swallowed it and moved his gaze over to the man before them. "We of Qi. Warriors of Lord Zhefu."

With the words Lord Zhefu spoken the men at the table all cheered and stuck their mugs into the air. "LONG LIVE LORD ZHEFU!" they all yelled into the air and crashed their mugs against eachother's then chugged down the contents.
Kuai Wei
Captain

Post by Kuai Wei »

alexoran wrote: The girl giggled again before she spoke. "ah in Liang huh? You are pretty close to us. Maybe one day you could jump the border into Qi and say hi."

Weiqi had taken a large drink right as Meili spoke and he coughed hard nearly spitting it out. He finally swallowed it and moved his gaze over to the man before them. "We of Qi. Warriors of Lord Zhefu."

With the words Lord Zhefu spoken the men at the table all cheered and stuck their mugs into the air. "LONG LIVE LORD ZHEFU!" they all yelled into the air and crashed their mugs against eachother's then chugged down the contents.
"Indeed I could, but I would almost surely have an army after my head if I decided to 'jump the border'," replied Zhao to Meili.

As the roaring of them men returned as it did before Zhao's entrance, he could not help but feel the urge to decapitate these people. They stood before the expansion of the Hegemon King. But something held him back, and it wasn't the fact that he was outnumbered and an obviously inferior combatant compared to Weiqi. Zhao decided that is was most definitely not the foreigner so-called "Weiqi" for his speech was lacking polish and... well, overall intelligence. But perhaps it was the girl who, while sided with the brute, demonstrated an ability to soothe the hostile nature of the foreigner and reach out to Zhao's soul like no other could do now.

Zhao rose his cup of ale.

"May your ruler and his kingdom enjoy great prosperity, and as officers may we find glory on the battlefield."
Xiong Shou