General Roleplay Thread

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Re: General Roleplay Thread

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

"There are many things you do not know about me, Commander. If you want, we can still have that 'getting to know each other thing' I offered when we first met."

The warrior let out a laugh, as he amusingly teased Ding Yi, wanting to see what her reactions were. He knew very well of the possibility that the lady before him was only acting kind to the man so that he would accept the invitation. Zhuwen simply did not care.

"Is that right? And a Lady Wen Luan you say?" Zhuwen replied with a smirk, and then looked over to his traveling companion. "Hear that? We were the ones planning to visit some of these lords, but looks like we're the ones being invited. What do you say Ju Li? Might be pretty interesting, I'm definitely up for it, but I'm only going to go if you are."

It seemed Zhuwen had grown an attachment to Tai, as he never would have cared for the interests for others over his own. He gave Tai an amused look, assuming most likely that the curious girl would accept anyway.
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Kakirot83
Sergeant

Post by Kakirot83 »

Tai moved up closer and almost seemed like she was going to lean on the unknown man, but decided not to, he was a jumpy sort of person. She looked him up and down, and than looked the lady up and down. she liked the lady better, the colors around her seemed brighter, stronger.

She half heard Zhuwen's question, and smiled a little thathe cared what she thought. She also cared what he thought, but she was often looking for things to lead her around, not normally looking to do the leading, though as much as not, often it came to that.

"I think it might be fun to follow the lady for now, after all, who knows if the journey might be fun too." She moved around behind Ding Yi, slowly, not even looking directly at her, and came up on the other side of her. "And a chance to meet with Lady Wen sounds like just the thing we were looking for, so perhaps it is fate to go and meet her." Tai was closer than one might expect her to be, but she hadn't touched anyone, or really tried to invade their personal space, she was just, 'looking'.
Tai Ju Li, 43-42*-104*-55*-91, Civil Administrator, Confuse III, Diplomat III, Doctor, Scribe II, Politician, Propagandist, Public Planner II

NPC Followers: Sun Luo;63-57-70-52-55/Decoy I, Military Administrator I, Poison I, Politician I, Rupture I, Trainer I
Meia
Sergeant

Post by Meia »

Kakirot & OneEyedDrgn
OED wrote: "There are many things you do not know about me, Commander. If you want, we can still have that 'getting to know each other thing' I offered when we first met."

The warrior let out a laugh, as he amusingly teased Ding Yi, wanting to see what her reactions were. He knew very well of the possibility that the lady before him was only acting kind to the man so that he would accept the invitation. Zhuwen simply did not care.
The smile diminished slightly, his antics triggered Ding Yi's memory of their first meeting; one that did not garner a pleasant first impression. "Um.., I suppose." She replied simply. Since it seemed they would be travelling together, she did truly hope for chances that it could improve.

[quote="Kakirot"]Tai moved up closer and almost seemed like she was going to lean on the unknown man, but decided not to, he was a jumpy sort of person. She looked him up and down, and than looked the lady up and down. she liked the lady better, the colors around her seemed brighter, stronger.

She half heard Zhuwen's question, and smiled a little thathe cared what she thought. She also cared what he thought, but she was often looking for things to lead her around, not normally looking to do the leading, though as much as not, often it came to that.

"I think it might be fun to follow the lady for now, after all, who knows if the journey might be fun too." She moved around behind Ding Yi, slowly, not even looking directly at her, and came up on the other side of her. "And a chance to meet with Lady Wen sounds like just the thing we were looking for, so perhaps it is fate to go and meet her." Tai was closer than one might expect her to be, but she hadn't touched anyone, or really tried to invade their personal space, she was just, 'looking'.[/quote]

Yi's companion remained silent and suspicious, keeping his eye on Tai in her every step. Ding Yi could feel the hairs at the back of her neck stand, as she watched the woman circle her closely. Still, she tried to maintain calm. Shifting her weight a little to get more personal space, Ding Yi gave a singular nod to the woman. "I am glad both of you support this. Tomorrow my friend Bai Guan and I will see to the preparations for the journey. We should be able to set off the day after." She turned to Liang Zhuwen, also giving him a nod, before heading towards the stairs.

-----
On the third day, three horses and four mules bought from the local stables were saddled up for the journey. While the mules were loaded on with baggage, Bai Guan handed the reins of one horse to Liang Zhuwen, and another to Tai Ju Li.
The men were expected to handle the mules when the animals throw their occasional stubborn fits.

((I'll make a post in the AH for the arrival. If you guys are interested to continue the RP ie, about their travels, go ahead!))
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

"Thanks buddy, you're a talented servant aren't ya?" Zhuwen said with a smirk to Bai Guan as he took the reigns. He was pretty sure the man didn't like Zhuwen or Ju Li. And there was only one thing to do when people didn't like him, and that was to annoy them and taunt them. Zhuwen got on his horse, and moved the beast next to Ding Yi's.

"So tell me Commander, what's your ruler like? Probably a good reason why you chose to serve her right?"
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Meia
Sergeant

Post by Meia »

Bai Guan snorted, saying nothing in return. As he was about to turn away to prepare the mules, Ding Yi approached the trio. "Before I forget, I should introduce.. This is Bai Guan, a friend from my village." With some reluctance, Bai Guan glanced at their faces and gave a small wave, perhaps even trying to smile.

Bai helped Ding Yi up the horse, holding its saddle steady with a strong grip. She wobbled at first, taking a while to get used to the steed's movements and settle on the saddle. To Zhuwen's questions, she replied, "Lady Wen? She nice, treats me very well. She has established quite a strong foothold in Yan. I think my village will be free from harm with her provincial leadership. Her headquarters is in the city Ji; that's close to three days' journey from Bayi." Not long after, Bai Guan climbed up the horse and sat behind her, holding the reins with both hands. It seemed that everything was ready for them to set off.
Lady Ding Yi--丁 怡 age 25, the (EX!) PC ^_^v and future Queen of Yan
78-72-47-77-54
Civil Administrator II, Discipline 3, Gongshu I, Military Administrator I, Propagandist 3*, Public Planner I, Sortie II, Wall I, Yueshu I
Equipment: none
785 gold
Bio/Char Description
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

Post by Radical Dreamer »

A country inn on the road between Hann and Chu played host to an unusual sight one afternoon. Outside, a small carriage bearing the mark of the Hann administration rolled up to the small stable outside. The driver, a young man in well-traveled armor, hopped down from the front and opened the door for his master.

Ying Ranzhen lightly stepped to the ground, long sleeves and robes brushing the foot step of the carriage as he did. He exchanged a few words with his bodyguard before heading inside and taking a table. It seemed as if the young ruler was on a tour of his lands and had stopped off to rest the horses for a few minutes.

Open RP!
Kubali Dun 90*-76-35-68-23
Aid II, Qiangshu II, Sortie III*, Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Dash I
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Radical Dreamer wrote:A country inn on the road between Hann and Chu played host to an unusual sight one afternoon. Outside, a small carriage bearing the mark of the Hann administration rolled up to the small stable outside. The driver, a young man in well-traveled armor, hopped down from the front and opened the door for his master.

Ying Ranzhen lightly stepped to the ground, long sleeves and robes brushing the foot step of the carriage as he did. He exchanged a few words with his bodyguard before heading inside and taking a table. It seemed as if the young ruler was on a tour of his lands and had stopped off to rest the horses for a few minutes.

Open RP!
After his inspection of Nanyang was cut short by an unfortunate event in one of Huyang's taverns, Xiang Jun was keen on not repeating the same during his tour of the little province of Hann. While he had heard little of the country therein, the smith turned Chief Aide to the King of Chu thought that the commission to inspect the provinces was a fine way to escape the intrigues of the Court of Chu. Inside the same tavern Ying Ranzhen just entered was Xiang Jun, cheerfully embracing a woman with his slenderly built but well-toned left arm.

As the Hann administrator took a table, Jun shortly shifted his attention the young ruler and even held his cup for a toast. Ignorant, arrogant and carefree, this Swordbearer of Chen resumed his merry drinking immediately after.
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

Although Zhang Ban scowled at the man for being so rude in front of a governor, Ranzhen nodded his head slightly as an answer since he did not have a cup yet. He whispered something to his bodyguard and the man bristled, but went over to the bar even as the ruler slid out of his chair. The young man's destination was Xiang Jun's table and he motioned to one of the empty seats.

"Master Xiang, it is rare to see you outside of the court. Might I join you for a drink or would I be interrupting?"

(Assuming our characters have a cursory knowledge of one another since we worked at the court at the same time. If this isn't cool, pm me.)
Aid II, Qiangshu II, Sortie III*, Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Dash I
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

"Come, come," Jun answered, taking his arm off the woman and gesturing for Ranzhen to join him at the table. "Ying Ranzhen was it? I heard you've began to consolidate Hann and have since attracted various men of talents to your government. Excellent, excellent." He pushed towards Ying Ranzhen a plate of choiced meats and crisp vegetables. Additionally, Jun's woman-companion gently poured a generous serving of wine into the young ruler's cup. "You do good service to the King, General Ying."

Downing his own cup until it's empty, Jun added. "I suppose if His Majesty was fully apprised of your capabilities, your initial request for a commission to pacify and govern the more prosperous Sai would have met his approval. In any event, Hann is not a disappointing piece of real estate. Besides, you can always annex Sai after you ably restore Hann to the sphere of influence of Chen. It's a matter putting forth the right request at the right time and place and through the right channels."

Shifting his gaze to Ying's bodyguard, Jun beckoned him to join them at the table. "Do you not agree, Dutiful Aide to Ying Ranzhen?"
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

[quote]"Come, come," Jun answered, taking his arm off the woman and gesturing for Ranzhen to join him at the table. "Ying Ranzhen was it? I heard you've began to consolidate Hann and have since attracted various men of talents to your government. Excellent, excellent." He pushed towards Ying Ranzhen a plate of choiced meats and crisp vegetables. Additionally, Jun's woman-companion gently poured a generous serving of wine into the young ruler's cup. "You do good service to the King, General Ying."

Downing his own cup until it's empty, Jun added. "I suppose if His Majesty was fully apprised of your capabilities, your initial request for a commission to pacify and govern the more prosperous Sai would have met his approval. In any event, Hann is not a disappointing piece of real estate. Besides, you can always annex Sai after you ably restore Hann to the sphere of influence of Chen. It's a matter putting forth the right request at the right time and place and through the right channels."

Shifting his gaze to Ying's bodyguard, Jun beckoned him to join them at the table. "Do you not agree, Dutiful Aide to Ying Ranzhen?"[/quote]

"Yes, annexing Sai in a few months won't be too difficult; it would have been far less bloody if the Hegemon King had deemed me capable at the start, however. The lands around Hann seem to be filling rapidly." Ranzhen picked a well-cooked piece of beef from the plate and popped it into his mouth. Hann hardly had decent cooking like this since everything went to the army commissariat. "And do not mind Ban. He is as serious a bodyguard as they come, I'm afraid. I hope that civil service will temper him out some." From the look on the bodyguard's face, though, it looked as if that were just wishful thinking. He remained standing a few paces behind Ranzhen's chair and kept an eagle's eye on everyone around him.

"Tell me though, Master Xiang: what is it you are doing for the court these days? I have heard you were favored by the Great King when you first entered service, so I had expected you to be at the head of a great army by now. Are you still consolidating political capital?"