Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Moderator: Game Masters

Shi Tong
Major
Location: A King Am I! First PC Ruler, Now First PC King! All I can say is... First!

Re: Jibei Provincial Roleplay

Post by Shi Tong »

Jablis wrote:"That's a fair enough answer. Why have you asked us here? And are there supposed to be other guests as well, or are the extra place settings just in the name of symmetry?" Zun asked, noting the table's set up.
Noting that Liao Zun seemed to be taking the lead in asking the questions (Because I'm sure Fi Sheng is partying it up for his birthday! :D ) Shi Tong turned to the man to answer his question.

"I had asked all the minor landholders of Jibei to the city of Donga to discuss plans for the future. I am grateful that you, Liao Zun, and Fi Sheng here, have accepted this invitation. Two more invitations were delivered. One to a town holder named An Lin, and another to a village head named Xu Fu. It is unfortunate that these two individuals have decided not to accept my invitation, nor to even give notice to this administration that they would not be attending either, or we would not have set a placement for them. I have decided to leave these two placements here, however, as a symbol."

"This symbol is a symbol for change, for those who accept change and embrace it, and those that try to be the stone wall and attempt to reject it. I have brought change to Jiaodong, and I plan to do so with my holdings in Jibei. I have asked you here to embrace being a part of this change and revitalization in the province of Jibei."
Chen Ping
Major

Post by Chen Ping »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:
Chen Ping wrote:Cao politely shook his head at the offer to speak inside. Outside was fine.

"I cannot help but be impressed by a man who readily extends a helping hand to a bandit. Your invitation was more than enough to persuade me to quickly journey here, and I think I will accept your offer of employment, whatever it may be exactly. During these past few years, it has been very hard to find a decent job to make a living, but I feel that perhaps my luck will change with Lord Shi Tong. It also may please you to know that you will not be offering a job to some mere brute. In addition to my martial abilities, I have attained a deep knowledge of commerce and taxation, oddly enough. I assure you that I can steal from the peasants legally just as well I can raid."

He bowed to the general, then continued.

"In return, I want a deserving compensation for my services. I also ask for some plot of land in the city to open a smithy, which I feel is one of the only other honest ways I can earn gold. If these are met, then I shall pledge my axe and my utmost loyalty to Shi Tong."
Aishi was quite surprised at how readily he pledged himself. "If I had thought you a mere brute," he said, "I would not have solicited you. It seems you have thought this through." He looked over at the stable, then said, "I believe we could easily find land for you. Anything you produced on your own you would have full control over determining prices and so on. As for other compensation, that would be a matter best brought up to the Prefect himself. I do not have the authority to decide such things."

He looked away in thought for a moment, but then broke into a smile. "You should meet the Prefect," he said. "I believe you would get along well with him. I am willing to accept your service if you are willing to join right here and now, though."
"I will meet him in due time, possibly the next time he makes a visit here. Since you are representative of his administration, I am confident in his judgment and ability, and I have no doubt that joining his ranks will be a good choice. For now, I shall become acquainted with this city and set up shop."

He smiled softly and prepared to depart, nearly forgetting a rather issue that needed to be brought up. Upon remembering, he spoke up once more.

"Oh yes, I should inform you that I have a loyal following of over a thousand soldiers, along with my two talented lieutenants--Ya Shi and Ji Ping. Perhaps this matter should be brought up with Lord Shi when we meet."

Cao Cao joins.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Wolfsheart wrote:"Waizhan" he said without hesitation. "Waizhan, and a few smaller villages. With them I will begin making preperations to siege Boyang and have enough strength to secure my independance." For the first time in their meeting the gruff general smiled at Fang Ai. "I know not how long it will take the supporters of Xiang Yu to come and remove me from power once more, but this time I plan to make them pay dearly if they do. So grow I will, but first I need my victory at Pingyuan."
"I see," he said. After a moment, he said, "Well, I should be on my way, I think, unless there are other matters you wish to speak of now. I do not know what else we can discuss, although hopefully we have a feel for what the other wants. May our next meeting be as fruitful as this one."

If not stopped, he would leave.
Chen Ping wrote:"I will meet him in due time, possibly the next time he makes a visit here. Since you are representative of his administration, I am confident in his judgment and ability, and I have no doubt that joining his ranks will be a good choice. For now, I shall become acquainted with this city and set up shop."

He smiled softly and prepared to depart, nearly forgetting a rather issue that needed to be brought up. Upon remembering, he spoke up once more.

"Oh yes, I should inform you that I have a loyal following of over a thousand soldiers, along with my two talented lieutenants--Ya Shi and Ji Ping. Perhaps this matter should be brought up with Lord Shi when we meet."

Cao Cao joins.
"That is good to hear," he said, giving him a slight bow. "I am certain my master would accept you; I believe I have this power. As for your troop and your friends, if they desire service, we will employ them, too. There is no such thing as too many hands."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Jablis
Officer

Post by Jablis »

Shi Tong wrote:
Jablis wrote:"That's a fair enough answer. Why have you asked us here? And are there supposed to be other guests as well, or are the extra place settings just in the name of symmetry?" Zun asked, noting the table's set up.
Noting that Liao Zun seemed to be taking the lead in asking the questions (Because I'm sure Fi Sheng is partying it up for his birthday! :D ) Shi Tong turned to the man to answer his question.

"I had asked all the minor landholders of Jibei to the city of Donga to discuss plans for the future. I am grateful that you, Liao Zun, and Fi Sheng here, have accepted this invitation. Two more invitations were delivered. One to a town holder named An Lin, and another to a village head named Xu Fu. It is unfortunate that these two individuals have decided not to accept my invitation, nor to even give notice to this administration that they would not be attending either, or we would not have set a placement for them. I have decided to leave these two placements here, however, as a symbol."

"This symbol is a symbol for change, for those who accept change and embrace it, and those that try to be the stone wall and attempt to reject it. I have brought change to Jiaodong, and I plan to do so with my holdings in Jibei. I have asked you here to embrace being a part of this change and revitalization in the province of Jibei."
"And how does one become a part of this change?"
Liao Zun(27) 56-42-69-72-71 Artisan, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Engineer, Politician II, Public Planner II
Shi Tong
Major
Location: A King Am I! First PC Ruler, Now First PC King! All I can say is... First!

Post by Shi Tong »

Jablis wrote:"And how does one become a part of this change?"
"Simply put, by working with this administration. Now, unlike other administrators, I won't strong arm you in surrendering your current landholdings in the province. Instead, we pledge to each others mutual defense and protection within the province. And then together, with the province under strong mutually benefited leadership, we may prosper together."
Jablis
Officer

Post by Jablis »

"Interesting idea. I suppose there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you keep your word. After all, I have nothing to hold you to it."
Liao Zun(27) 56-42-69-72-71 Artisan, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Engineer, Politician II, Public Planner II
Fi Sheng
Ensign

Post by Fi Sheng »

Banquet
(Sorry for missing this all....you know how it is with the birthday period and something was bound to fall through the cracks :lol: )

Fi Ran was listening to the entire situation unfolding and he was contemplating his place in these plans. "So Lord Tong, you are simply saying that we are to come to each others aid when the situation demands it?". He smirked a little but he was not entirely behind the situation, he was simply thinking why should he place his name under the brackets of co-ruling when he sought for much more.
Fi Ran, 15.
94*-86*-46-43-17
Charge I, Raid I, Instructor I, Pierce I, Rupture I, Scout I, Sortie I, Wall II, Military Administrator II.
Major Injury: 10% loss to all stats for any actions taken

Duel Record: [1-1]
Bio
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Fang Ai was not surprised when he heard that Han Guang had fled the city of Pingyuan. Their numbers were clearly superior. Beyond that, though, something about the man set him off. He fled Yan when Xiang Yu removed him from the position instead of fighting it. Then he tried to make something of himself in Jibei, but seemed lost. That he fled again instead of fighting for his claim, albeit a smaller one... no, that was not surprising at all.

It was only a matter of days after consolidating control over Pingyuan that Fang Ai heard of Boyang's imminent seizure. Leaving his lieutenant Yang Yu in charge of the city, he made his way with a small force toward Boyang. Sure enough, upon his arrival, the city had been taken. The civil and military fixtures were still being put up, but there was no time to waste. Those whom he had contacted were still in the area. They deserved their rewards.

Deciding to use one of the open stables near the city's administration center as his temporary office, he sent runners out to Xu Fu, Liao Zun, and Fi Ran, informing them that Fang Ai was in the city and wanting to meet with them to give them their reward.

((The post where you get paid! RP showing up (separately, preferably), and we can take care of this fairly fast.))
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Jablis
Officer

Post by Jablis »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Fang Ai was not surprised when he heard that Han Guang had fled the city of Pingyuan. Their numbers were clearly superior. Beyond that, though, something about the man set him off. He fled Yan when Xiang Yu removed him from the position instead of fighting it. Then he tried to make something of himself in Jibei, but seemed lost. That he fled again instead of fighting for his claim, albeit a smaller one... no, that was not surprising at all.

It was only a matter of days after consolidating control over Pingyuan that Fang Ai heard of Boyang's imminent seizure. Leaving his lieutenant Yang Yu in charge of the city, he made his way with a small force toward Boyang. Sure enough, upon his arrival, the city had been taken. The civil and military fixtures were still being put up, but there was no time to waste. Those whom he had contacted were still in the area. They deserved their rewards.

Deciding to use one of the open stables near the city's administration center as his temporary office, he sent runners out to Xu Fu, Liao Zun, and Fi Ran, informing them that Fang Ai was in the city and wanting to meet with them to give them their reward.

((The post where you get paid! RP showing up (separately, preferably), and we can take care of this fairly fast.))
Liao Zun was just getting ready to leave when the runner caught up to him. Sending Zheng Chang ahead with the army, Zun made his way to the stables. Approaching what seemed to be a guard, Zun announced himself; "I am Liao Zun, here to see Fang Ai."
Xu Fu
Lieutenant

Post by Xu Fu »

Xu Fu and his band of followers had begun their march home. The day was won and now Boyang was securely in the hands of Lord Tong. Xu Fu was proud of his soldiers for showing no fear while going into battle. Though he felt a heavy burden in not providing them with horses. Suddenly a runner came up and announced the arrival of Fang Ai. Xu Fu ordered his men to continue their march home while he hurried back to the stables and sought to met with Fang Ai. He had not seen him on the field of battle so Xu Fu was not exactly pleased to have fought for a lord who's general which convinced him to join was not present. Still he was owed money for his efforts, this will buy the needed horses so he focused his thoughts. Once arrived he announced himself to the sentry. "I am Xu Fu, General Fang Ai is expecting me, lead me to see him."
Xu Fu (27) 78 - 87* - 42 - 65 - 60
Charge II, Civil Administrator I, Faze II, Instructor I, Military Administrator I, Qiang Shu II, Raid II
Provincial Influence 44, Provincial Bond 86